2021 Recruiting

Advertisement
Illinois winning with style points in these first couple days. Hopefully we look good in our first couple games too. I know Etienne isn't going to make a decision based on impressions from just 1 or 2 games, but it'd be good to have some early, positive performances to point to like Illinois does already.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In fairness to the staff, everything said Miami except him. His best friend committed to Miami and his family moved to Fort Lauderdale.
UCLA does have a great big man tradition just not with the current coaching staff.
The best big Mick Cronin has had was Nysier Brooks and he scored 7 points with 4 rebounds for Miami last night.

Advertisement
In case you are wondering, here are the bigs still available.

2021 recruits with Miami offers:
Efton Reid, Brenton Mutombo and Elijah Hutchins-Everett

Bigs currently in the transfer portal:
Paul Atkinson Jr (Yale) with a Miami offer
Will Baker (Texas) entered yesterday and Miami will probably contact him since Mac Etienne is going to UCLA.

In fairness to the staff, everything said Miami except him. His best friend committed to Miami and his family moved to Fort Lauderdale.
UCLA does have a great big man tradition just not with the current coaching staff.
The best big Mick Cronin has had was Nysier Brooks and he scored 7 points with 4 rebounds for Miami last night.
And here I thought all along that Illinois was the front runner.

Anyone with access, please post the highlights.

Nothing groundbreaking. Says a decision is coming soon but he doesn't have a date in mind. Breaks down his top 10 in little detail.

Here's what he said about Miami: "They're a big ACC school and they haven't really had bigs like me, they really like me skillset."

I'll also add Marquette's little blurb since I saw they got a crystal ball: "Great school, they just want me to play big, play like Henry Ellenson like they had a couple of years ago that went to the Draft."

Also mentions that the school's ability to help him on and off the court in case basketball doesn't work out as a backup plan is a factor too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back