2021 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good news:

Bad news:

Didn't we beat Illinois last year? They're a better team than us overall but it would be surprising if he chose them over us. I would try to get him on campus when possible and the season this year with Brooks performing well should help as well.

Miami: "Miami is a place I see a great fit at and I have a great relationship with the staff and with my family moving to Florida and one of my closest friends Bensley Joseph committed there I feel like it would be a great spot for me."

If his family is moving there and Bensley is one of his closest friends... seems like a no brainer. As a big man the dream is to play with your PG friend.

Advertisement
Looks like Antigua is the key guy who bonded with Etienne for the Illini's benefit.

Illinois: "Illinois has done a great job recruiting me and building a relationship with me . I have a great relationship with coach (Orlando) Antigua and (Brad) Underwood and with Kofi (****burn) leaving for the Draft and the guards they have returning I feel like it is a great spot for me. I was also happy i was able to take an official visit there also."

Antigua sold Andre Curbelo that Ayo Dousammu was turning pro last season but he returned to school for his junior year.
I fully expect Kofi to do the same thing. Kofi is ok at best but his skills do not say NBA player right now.

Miami: "Miami is a place I see a great fit at and I have a great relationship with the staff and with my family moving to Florida and one of my closest friends Bensley Joseph committed there I feel like it would be a great spot for me."

If his family is moving there and Bensley is one of his closest friends... seems like a no brainer. As a big man the dream is to play with your PG friend.

Exactly plus the abundance of playing time available for a skilled big like him next season.

Miami: “Miami is a great fit and with the commitment of one of my closest friends in commit Bensley Joseph and my family being out there it would be a great option for me.”

When will you commit?

“I’ll probably commit within the next month and I don’t plan on enrolling early.”

That is good news.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back