2021 Recruiting Class Countdown: The Top 10

View as article

Lance Roffers

Junior
Miami signed 21 players in the early signing period and it looks to be a really strong class. Everyone loves a list, so I decided to watch a full game of every recruit and then rank them. A few caveats: 1. I’m not ranking the kicker, because frankly, I’m not a kicker expert. Safe to say he’s a great kicking prospect and he probably starts as a freshman. 2. Someone has to populate every spot on the list. Someone has to be last. Someone has to be 17th etc. This is a good recruiting class and some good recruits are going in at these lower rankings. 3. I’ve been wrong before and some of the players ranked at the bottom will prove me wrong and some at the top probably will as well.

Methodology
  • Linear Speed- How fast is the recruit in a straight line compared to other P5 prospects at that same position. Corey Flagg would be a 5 for linear speed at ILB etc.
  • Agility- Ability to change directions compared to other P5 prospects at that same position. DJ Ivey would be a 5 for agility at CB.
  • Frame- Prospects frame compared to other P5 prospects at that same position. Nesta Silvera would be a 5 for frame at DT.
  • Potential- With average development in a P5 program, what is the ultimate potential of a prospect compared to other P5 prospects at that same position. N’Kosi Perry would be a 5 for potential at QB.

10. Michael McLaughlin- OT, 6-7, 290, Stoneman Douglas (Pompano Beach, FL) #338 (4-star)

Linear Speed- 9, Agility- 7, Frame- 10, Potential- 7

Strengths: He’s another in TE converts to the OL who have held their initial quickness and speed as they’ve added weight. There is a 10 on his frame because he has perfect, height, length, and build to get to 320 pounds and still move.

For a 6-7 OL he can actually bend at his knees and has flexibility. Is able to roll his hips and engage on down blocks and actually move people.

The length and reach allows his to recover and re-route pass rushers past his QB and maintain a pocket. For a player new to the position shows an awareness in pass protection and is always looking for work.

Opportunities: I mentioned that he is a TE-convert and he pretty much lost a year of development with a shortened season due to the pandemic. He needs reps and constant coaching. Currently, his kick-slide is off rhythm and late to the outside (the worst place to be because then you’re reaching an leaning). He uses a two-hand punch currently and I strongly dislike a two-hand punch in pass protection on anything but a jump-set.

When pass-blocking he leans rather than remaining patient and waiting for the pass-rusher to declare. This causes him to be off-balance and play without much power.

Has almost no clue how to use his hands. His technique is basically to try and bench-press a pass-rusher and steer them, leaving himself open to rips and inside-moves.

Overall: Of every player on this list, McLaughlin is the one that saw the most variance of places I considered putting him on the list. I settled on #10 because he just has so much potential if he hits a 90th percentile outcome. With his size, length, foot speed, agility, and flexibility, he has everything you look for in a HS LT prospect. The downside is he is a year away from being a year away. There is almost no chance he helps Miami next year, and might not actually perform ahead of some of our experienced walk-ons in practice next year. For that reason I considered placing him everywhere from #18 to #7.

A player that Garin Justice could really use as a resume builder for the future because he needs to be taught the position essentially from the ground up. McLaughlin played pretty mediocre competition and doesn’t appear to have gotten top-notch coaching. He’s here almost entirely because of tools.

9. Brashard Smith- WR, 5-9, 190, Miami Palmetto (Miami, FL) #215 (4-star)

Linear Speed- 8, Agility- 8, Frame- 4, Potential- 7

Strengths: Every time I watched Smith play I liked him a little more. This recruiting season had several players vying for a few spots and initially I wanted Miami to take a few other WR’s, but each time I watched full games of Smith I was drawn to his on-field play temperament. A short player, but a player who has real strength to his game. When I watch WR’s, I like to watch how they finish plays. Do they immediately look to get down, or find the sideline, or do they look to finish each play? Are they looking to block, or just get in the way of the defender? When they know the ball isn’t coming their way, do they run the same route as when they are first read? Smith clearly loves football and everything that comes with it.

As football evolves, one player archetype that is gaining in popularity is the RB/WR hybrid type who can break tackles and get yards after catch (YAC). Smith played a bunch of wildcat QB, which is something I like seeing in offensive prospects. He made plays as a RB, WR, QB, returner and packs a lot of physicality. Reminds one of Kadarius Toney, from UF.

Opportunities: Because of the fact he played so much wildcat QB, RB etc. he doesn’t have the game reps as a true WR to really hone his craft. For the most part, the only routes in his tree are bubbles, slants, go-routes. You can see when he runs a slant he has the ability to hold speed as he changes direction, but stringing together moves and keeping at his landmarks is not something he has shown to be adept at.

Short with short arms will limit the catch radius and has not shown to have the ability to make contested catches. Tough, with strong hands, but limited frame caps his ability to play every WR position.

Overall: Brings a different skill-set than the other two WR’s in that he’s a WR with a RB’s body. Will make a living on yards-after-catch in this scheme and has the physicality to be more than a gadget player once he learns the nuances of the position. Brings juice to the return game as well.

8. Jacolby George- WR, 5-11, 161, Plantation (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) #170 (4-star)

Linear Speed- 6, Agility- 6, Frame- 6, Potential- 7

Strengths: As a receiver, I always want to see if you can process what is happening after the snap and be in sync with your QB. This is an easy release, so not so much the release, but rather the awareness to get his head around quickly and be ready for the pass. Defense brings one more than they can block, which means QB has time for only one read before ball comes out. Often times, this ball zips past the helmet of the receiver because he isn’t in-sync with QB. George takes this to the 8-yard line.
Jacolby George.PNG

George is a returner for his team and is productive in ways other than being a receiver. Smooth in his routes, excellent hands, and made plays against pretty much every opponent. With the WR position, production is the best indicator of future success and George produced in a big way.

His offense truly makes him the focal point of the entire offense. Even when they run the ball he is a decoy that the defense has to give attention to. Often times on run plays he is setting a bubble screen or some other form of eye candy that stretches the defense out.

Long arms and an understanding of attacking the football in the air. What really gave him the difference from the other two WR’s was his desire to attack the ball and come back to it, rather than fading away at the catch point, which drives me nuts.

Opportunities: Too skinny at the moment. He will struggle to get a release against any type of press coverage and will have to learn the nuances of playing receiver without as much open space.

Want to see more physicality and strength added. On film he is often times going down on first contact and that speaks to a lack of leg drive and core strength. Of all of the recruits in this class, George might be the one to benefit the most from our S & C program.

Verified testing numbers are below average across the board. It shows up on tape, where he is caught from behind often. Because of his understanding of route-running he creates a lot of separation, but unless he shows he can beat press, he will be relegated to slot duties because he isn’t dynamic or physical enough to excel on the outside without better releases.

Overall: I envision a career for George that excels in the slot and takes advantage of the space-and-pace offense we are running. He understands the receiver position and was highly productive despite the defense setting up to stop him. I wouldn’t argue if you ranked him third of the WR’s, or anywhere in-between. I see a player that gets open and has upside once he improves his core strength and leg drive.

7. Thad Franklin- RB, 6-0, 225, Chaminade (Hollywood, FL) #242 (4-star)

Linear Speed- 7, Agility- 6, Frame- 9, Potential- 8

Strengths: Huge frame with tools to be a thumper in the run game. Looks for contact and always falls forward. Big legs, calves, and upper body. Type of kid that could look like Captain America in a college S&C program.

Understands what the goal of the play is. Meaning, he understands that if a play call is going to leave a LB unblocked in a gap and he has the responsibility of making that defender commit to a gap before making a cut, he will press the hole and accomplish that before bouncing. Just a natural runner within structure and in the open-field.

Has ability to be at top speed in just a few steps. That top-speed is not a burner, but he gets to gaps quickly due to his ability to accelerate. Hits the hole hard and decisively. There is no dancing with this kid and he has very good vision.

Balance is outstanding. Glancing blows do not knock him off his feet. Combined with quick feet, he has excellent lateral quickness, which makes his jump-cut potentially dynamic.

Soft hands in the passing game, but not overly featured there.

Opportunities: Runs too high, exposing his body to big hits and reducing his ability to break tackles. While his style is to run high, when he has time to see a second-level defender he shows the knee-bend to deliver a blow and finish behind his pads.

He’s not a burner. On film he probably runs a 4.75. Will not be a sprinter-type back who takes your breath away with speed.

His limited attempts at pass-protection were downright brutal. This is a skill that can be taught, but it impacted Chaney’s ability to get on the field last year and will do the same to Franklin if it isn’t rectified.

Overall: This is a big back who will grind up defenses and wear them down. The type that if it’s blocked for five will get you seven due to his ability to finish runs.

Despite some speed limitations, this is an athletic kid. He’s a good basketball player who can dunk it off of two-feet. I love the way he plays the game and how he is decisive in his runs. This kid will absolutely thrive in the inside-zone heavy scheme Miami runs and could see more time than you’d expect within this crowded Miami RB room.

6. Elijah Arroyo- TE, 6-4, 210, Independence (Frisco, TX) #213 (4-star)

Linear Speed- 8, Agility- 8, Frame- 7, Potential- 9

Strengths: Red Zone. Threat. Elijah Arroyo has a nose for the end zone and is going to really make life easier for the QB once they enter the red zone. Long, athletic, and with great body control, he is able to make catches in tight spaces. The team he is playing here is a national power and double-covered him often. He still found a way to get open and make plays. Here, he releases inside and fights to get back outside and the ball is behind him, but he is able to spin and make the catch.
Arroyo.png

Long strides mask how fast he can be in the open field. In a college S & C program he will run 4.6’s at 240 pounds. Plays even bigger than his 6-4 size suggests.

Opportunities: Currently is an oversized WR and will need to learn to block attached to the line. Similar to Will Mallory in that he excels as a slot WR who can stretch the defense and exploit the seam, but also similar in the fact he cannot be expected to handle an edge 1-on-1. Wham blocks, down blocks, seal blocks will be his calling cards in the run game.

At this point is a bit of a linear athlete. It’s a great attribute to be long, athletic, with excellent ball skills, but he will need to prove he can do more than bust a seam at the college level.

Overall: Track athlete with legitimate high-jump abilities and hand-eye coordination to make contested catches, he has NFL upside. Speed work will be important with him as currently he’s a bit of a build-up runner who isn’t as sudden as you’d like off the LOS. Not a nuanced route runner to really make a DB declare and open his hips before he makes any sort of break, but that can be learned.

This kid can really help fill a void in this receiving group as that Y-TE who detaches off the line, wins at catch-point, and can throw in some explosive plays after the catch. Like this kid’s potential a whole lot.

5. Laurence Seymore- G/C, 6-2, 293, Mami Central (Miami, FL) #162 (4-star)

Linear Speed- 8, Agility- 8, Frame- 5, Potential- 8

Strengths: Any discussion of Seymore’s strengths has to include his ability to pull and play under control on the move. His balance is incredible and he really has a desire to hit someone on every play. Miami’s interior OL was putrid on pulls/traps/counters and I believe Seymore fits what we need perfectly for this reason. This poor edge defender is getting absolutely pancaked.
Seymore.png

In basketball, when I’m looking at post players I want to see their hands and their feet. You can teach a big man to do most other things if he has good hands and feet. It’s somewhat similar for an OL, though you also need to be smart and nasty on the OL, and Seymore has the feet of a 200-pound man. His feet and hands work together in unison so well and he understands angles and leverage really well for a HS OL. On one play he got his shoulders turned to gain leverage before the defender got out of his stance and it was a play that immediately transfers to the college level.

Versatile player. Miami Central played him at RT, RG, LT, LG in the same game. It might sound like OL is OL, but each position is quite a bit different due to the kick being opposite at T and the help responsibilities being different at G. LG is involved with more combo blocks, inside-shoulder of LT, pulls etc. while RG is left alone without help more than any lineman other than LT. That versatility will go a long way towards getting him in the two-deep as a freshman.

Opportunities: There is no way around the fact that his body leaves a lot to be desired for a big-time OL. Arms shorter than you’d like. Height shorter than you’d like. If he develops to the point of a pro career I am fairly certain teams will want to look at him at center. With his balance and feet and intelligence with angles, I’m not so certain his best position isn’t C for college, either.

Not an elite athlete. Will sometimes struggle with elite speed and quickness.

He plays too high. Want to see him show the ability to bend at the knees and deliver strikes while engaging his core and hips more. He blocks mainly with his upper-body currently. It works at the HS level, but college will bring different dudes.

Telegraphs his pulls currently. Especially from RT he lines that foot at an angle when he’s going to pull and holds it in more when he’s blocking man-up. Likes to spin off his right foot to turn back inside to pull down the line. Will want to line up the same consistently at the next level.

Overall: This is an OL that I really like on tape. He has the ability to sync his upper body and lower body movements together and attack the opponent. Wants to take the soul of the player lined up across from him and is powerful in the upper body. Like a lot of HS linemen, he is getting by on talent at the moment and has a long way to go from an understanding of how to use his hands, patience in his punch, and understanding how to control a defender, rather than just trying to crush them.

Once he understands nuances of the position and learns to engage his core and hips more often, you have the makings of a standout at any position on the OL. Big time addition.

*Also, give me the QB for Miami Central and #9 on the DL from Palmetto. Both sophomores in this game and both are high-level talents. Wesley at LB is a freak show as well. Fun game to break down.

4. Jake Garcia- QB, 6-2, 195, Grayson (Loganville, GA) #46 (4-star)

Linear Speed- 6, Agility- 6, Frame- 7, Potential- 9

Strengths: Garcia throws a nice, soft ball. He spins it well and the nose is always pointing down (makes it easier to catch for the WR).

While Garcia does not have a cannon for an arm, he has made 50-yard throws while running to his left in games.

Accuracy is solid, not elite. Passes tend to be catchable, but not to correct shoulder, or out-front to keep running etc.

Shows ability to manipulate defenders with shoulder fakes and move them to open up throwing lanes.

Really understands passing concepts and reading high-to-low. His CA offense ran a lot of pistol offense and continuously asked him to push the ball downfield on first read and then come back to the other side of the field for deep posts and hitches. It was an air-raid offense that loved four-verticals. Then he goes to Georgia and they’re running an Ace-Heavy “check with me” offense that he is continually changing the play after the coaches look at the defense. Handled both well and was a winner.

Opportunities: Footwork wanes, which leads to inconsistency. Stride length varies, gets quick in his top half. Elbow can drop and ball can sail. For a QB with his tools, he misses too many easy throws.

Struggles with pressure in his face. Tends to drop his eyes and look to escape, rather than looking to find receivers downfield. Both offenses he has played in split the field in half and limited his reads. Was this a coaching/schematic decision, or does he struggle seeing the whole field?

Crosses his feet on drop-backs and then takes a “gather-hitch” to get on rhythm.

Due to being a QB lifer, you wonder how much upside is remaining with him.

Overall: You repeatedly hear coaches say they want players who love football. Garcia left his comfy California digs, where he was no doubt living a life that isn’t terrible to be Jake Garcia in high school, to move to Georgia just so he could play ball. He already had a Miami offer. He already had a USC offer. He just wanted to play ball. Then when he moves to Georgia and starts his season, he is ruled ineligible and decides to leave his school again, to go to Grayson so he can finish his senior year. There is something to be said for your QB loving the grind enough to go through all of that just to play and compete.

Have watched every full-game I can find on Garcia and I like him more each time I watch him. He’s so consistent game-to-game, he’s an incredibly enthusiastic kid who people seem to want to play with.

Lashlee has had success with a QB who plays a similar style in Shane Buechele, so while Garcia is not a burner, he’s not a statue and will make plays with his legs to extend drives.

3. Kamren Kinchens- SS, 5-11, 201, Miami Northwestern (Miami, FL) #332 (4-star)

Linear Speed- 7, Agility- 8, Frame- 8, Potential- 9

Strengths: There are times I know I am probably overvaluing a kid because I just love the way they play the game and how they act as a coach on the field. That player this year is probably Kinchens. He lines his teammates up before plays, communicates with everyone, and holds them accountable for mistakes. When a teammate messed up on the field, he was there to quickly correct the issue. Teammates turned and watched him during timeouts and play stoppages. When I see that happening on film, that player almost always outperforms his expectations. With Kinchens, you also have an athletically gifted player who has a chance at an NFL future.

Broad shoulders, thin waisted player with the frame to carry 10 more pounds, but is fairly developed as-is.

Diagnostic skills allows him to see plays as they're developing. Is a missile against screens, takes excellent angles with ball in the air, and has the ball skills to finish plays. A pass defensed is nice, but an interception is gold. Kinchens finishes chances for picks.

Opportunities: Already developed physically and you wonder how much projection remains.

For a player who may fit best in a hybrid SS/Nickel/Overhang role, he doesn't tackle the best. Want to see him finish plays in the run game at a higher rate and really drive with his hips at the point of contact.

Lack of elite length shows up on film at times and might impact his ability to handle TE's in the red zone.

Athletic kid, but will probably run 4.7's. Speed training will be critical for him as well as keeping his flexibility in his hips as he grows.

Overall: Instinctive player who had nine interceptions as a junior and is a leader at a powerhouse program. A player who will outperform his rankings and be a leader and winner on this defense. Excited to watch this kid on tape and soon at Miami.

Attachments

• Taylor.PNG
    Taylor.PNG
    724.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Taylor- Back.PNG
    Taylor- Back.PNG
    697 KB · Views: 43
  • Taylor- Missed Tackle.PNG
    Taylor- Missed Tackle.PNG
    708 KB · Views: 31
  • Taylor- Missed Sack.PNG
    Taylor- Missed Sack.PNG
    558.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Taylor- Backfield.PNG
    Taylor- Backfield.PNG
    712.3 KB · Views: 80
Advertisement
2. James Williams- S/LB, 6-5, 218, American Heritage (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida) #13 (5-star)

Linear Speed- 9, Agility- 8, Frame- 10, Potential- 10

Strengths: Freak of nature size and athleticism combination. The first time I watched him I said that kid is going to be a DE because he was so big as a freshman. He responded to me with a comment that he is a S. Fast-forward to his senior year and he looks even more like a S at this point. That's a testament to his work-ethic and his will.

There are times when you watch Williams stay low in a backpedal to cover an area or in man-coverage and you dream that he could even line up at CB and not embarrass himself. The tools that this kid possesses are 1st round quality.

When someone gets tagged with a 5-star status, in my mind you shouldn't have to even ask which one they are. They should just jump out on you and that's what I did with James Williams. I found him on my own and it was comical how easy it was to decipher who he was without a roster.

Opportunities: To me, he has allowed the "I'm a S" mantra to make him play less physical than you'd like to see. Almost as if he plays physical and nasty at the point-of-attack teams will make play LB. Negates many of his physical gifts when he comes in tentative and without confidence.

Overall: Fits best in an overhand defender role that allows him to freelance, roam the backend, and makes plays on the ball without designated assignments on every play. Is this the best defense for him to develop and grow into? I'm anxious to see it because it my opinion that Miami coaches of the past have not always found a way to utilize prospects who are more unicorn than they are standard.

I'd let the kid play a role similar to Simmons at Clemson played and let him changes games with his length and ball skills. Pairing him with Kinchens gives Miami two of the best safety prospects I've seen in the entire country this year.

1. Leonard Taylor- DT, 6-4, 267, Miami Palmetto (Miami, Florida) #10 (5-star)

Linear Speed- 9, Agility- 9, Frame- 7, Potential- 10

Strengths: With Taylor, you start his strengths with a great marriage between player and scheme by talking about his initial burst and ability to split gaps on the OL. He’s a player with the potential to lead the country in TFL for DT’s. Taylor is also very good at finding the football, with today’s football wizardy in the backfield, being able to identify where the football really is can be a huge strength.

Splits a double-team and has such a quick arm-over the RG almost falls down trying to block him. Taylor really has a knack for making himself “skinny” to shoot gaps.
Taylor.PNG

Opportunities: For a player with the potential to end up a top-5 NFL draft pick, I was surprised with the number of opportunities I feel like Taylor has.

The first is that he tends to turn his back to the OL trying to block him in an effort to shoot by them. At the HS level this can work due to pure quickness, but at higher levels OL will have the length and strength to control Taylor if he doesn’t have his hands to help him.
Taylor- Back.PNG

Taylor is on the ground far more often than you’d like him to be. He needs to work on understanding how to sprawl and leverage to keep his balance, as a DT on the ground is no good to anyone.

With his ability to split gaps and penetrate into the backfield, he is not an excellent finisher of plays at this time. Too often he would be in position to get an opponent on the ground and failed to do so. Taylor has to make this play here, instead the runner picks up big yards after breaking his tackle.
Taylor- Back.PNG

Clean shot for Taylor and he doesn’t even touch the QB.
Taylor- Missed Sack.PNG

Chance to make a play in the backfield missed again.
Taylor- Missed Tackle.PNG

As is the case with most supremely talented HS DL, Taylor needs to learn to use his hands more. Currently, he relies on his exception acceleration and burst to beat blockers, but has a long way to go to understand what he needs to do with his hands from a leverage standpoint, pass-rush plan, and how to disengage from blockers.

Overall: How does a player with a long list of opportunities rank so highly on this list? Because of the tools he has at his disposal. It is rare for a player of his size to have his burst, change-of-direction skills, and natural power. If you wanted to create a starter-kit for a prototype at the position, it would look a lot like Taylor.

I walked away from his full-game tape with the belief he has a lot of development to do to become an instant-impact player. From needing to gain quite a bit of weight, to better understanding how to use his hands, to improving his tackling technique, Taylor needs a technician to get the most out of him.

Additionally, Taylor plays every snap for his team, so he does take some plays off. With a college rotation allowing him to go all-out on every player I think you will see an uptick in his motor.

If he works hard and puts his high football-IQ to use at the next level, he can leave Miami as an All-American. I just wouldn’t expect too much, too soon. In fact, I wouldn’t be opposed to Taylor playing much of his freshman season as a strong-side DE, where turning your back to the blocker won’t be as much of a hindrance as it will be inside where there are more blockers to both sides of you.

Final Thoughts: This class is like a complex puzzle where all the pieces fit together. The players complement each other, fit the schemes, and mostly possess excellent on-field character. I enjoyed getting to know the players better and think very highly of the class as a whole. There are misses at CB and would've liked to see one more elite playmaker added at WR, but the class is a great next step in the evolution of the program.

I'll break the transfers down separately, but they add spackle to areas that need holes filled and give the class more time to grow and find their footing.

wow ... i really hope we find a role for james williams ... not quite sure what that would be as we recruited chase to play striker ...

I like the Kinchens call - not that I know if he should be that high, but it's a real prediction. Garcia and Arroyo are easy bets for me. Also - nice to see you so high on Seymour. I don't have that ability to predict OL other than the obvious ones. I've been wrong too many times on them. Hope he's that high, would make a big difference for our OL.

Advertisement
I like the Kinchens call - not that I know if he should be that high, but it's a real prediction. Garcia and Arroyo are easy bets for me. Also - nice to see you so high on Seymour. I don't have that ability to predict OL other than the obvious ones. I've been wrong too many times on them. Hope he's that high, would make a big difference for our OL.
All prospects are going to control their outcome to some point through their own character and will. Additionally, injury luck is needed to reach best outcomes.

On the OL, this is even more true than most positions. The position requires intelligence more than any position outside of QB, really. The position requires a level of toughness that is beyond most positions as the difference between good ones and great ones can be as little as inner-desire to get the job done while in pain, or exhausted, or after having been beaten previously.

I defy anyone to watch the physical skills of several HS OL coming out who failed and tell me that they failed due to physical tools. They failed because of the mental side of the position and winning in HS due to those physical gifts.

When I grade OL play, there are two outcomes: Got job done or didn't get Job done. Getting knocked on your behind but somehow keeping the defender of your QB (without hold) is better than movement skills that take your breath away but letting your QB get hit at the end. Coaches want a guy who loves the grind, has the skills to do the job, and the intelligence to know what to do on every single play.

Techniques will need to be taught to almost all of these HS OL. Give me the above things and I'll believe in the coaches ability to teach them the rest if the prospect really wants it. Seymore seems to really want to be great when you watch him on tape.

also, you can't look at what garcia did and not feel confident about his chances ... he put up numbers in cali and put up numbers in ga ... that's crazy to me, often we see guys move to another area and get exposed ... if anything i think his confidence increased ... excited to see he and tyler this spring

this class is a lot more developmental than the top 15 ranking would have you believe. I don’t see a lot of instant impact starters. thinking LT is going to wreck the ACC year 1 are misguided. He needs a lot if technical work. That’s probably why he starts at DE. It’s a top heavy class with a lot of projection on the back end of the class. We have not done well with these type of prospects before, but hopefully this new staff will help

Seymour should be a starting guard or center. At guard he is strong enough to move DL and can pull. At center he is strong enough to not to get pushed back like current starter and better at recognizing stunts and filling the gap. If our OL doesn't make significant improvement it's gonna be another 9-3 season

Advertisement
Advertisement
Overall a strong analysis, although I disagree with you on having Brashard at #9. I believe that when it’s all said and done, he will prove to have been a top 3 to top 5 recruit in this class.

Also think that you have McLaughlin way too high at #10. Best case scenario he turns out to be a stud, but way too high to begin with, in my opinion.

Advertisement
Razor thin and just tie them all if you wanted to.
They all razor thin if that’s the case but he’s 6’2 and his high point is really nice for his age. Proven soflo wr i still like Smith and George just think Brinson skillet is more advanced WR at this stage.

Jose Duasso had a story on a podcast about Kinchens basically coaching the entire defense on a whiteboard that really impressed me, I have high hopes for him and wouldn't be surprised if he's getting key backup reps by seasons end. Also, I agree with your point on LT that it'll likely be best for him to start at SDE but eventually he'll be a great player for us. And I'm really high on Arroyo, I think he'll make some noise for us sooner than later. Great overall analysis as always Lance.

Great write up. I cannot wait for this full class to get on campus. Feels like we addressed needs with some elite talent and stacked chips in other areas of strengths.

Advertisement
Back