2021 RB Katravis Geter receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Katravis-Geter-46051549/

5'10 195lbs 3-star RB out of Hollywood, goes to Carol City.

Was originally at Miramar then transferred to CC.

Is a good north & south power running back, has quick choppy steps & is a straight ahead style runner with some quickness. Runs well in traffic in between the tackles. Doesn't have much wiggle, he just plants his foot in the ground, hits the hole & goes, not much dancing or jump cutting at all. Doesn't have blazing top end speed, but has enough short area burst to make plays.

Holds offers from UF, UGA, Penn St, West Va, GTech, Kentucky, South Carolina, UCF, Cuse, Pitt & Maryland.

Advertisement
I don't know about this one... Based solely on this highlight, I like the short area burst, and he seems to have a good, tough running style with plus instincts between the tackles. That second thing is hard to teach and takes a certain amount of ball-sack density, so I value it. But based on the description I was hoping to see plus balance and plus tackle breaking ability, and I didn't really see either trait.

Advertisement
Kids not overly impressive imo...Tough and runs bigger than his size, I'll give him that.

Cam Harris with less burst and speed...Maybe breaks a little more arm tackles than Harris.

Advertisement
Kids not overly impressive imo...Tough and runs bigger than his size, I'll give him that.

Cam Harris with less burst and speed...Maybe breaks a little more arm tackles than Harris.
That's exactly who he is, Cam without the breakaway speed in the open field & the homerun hitting ability.

He's about a step & half slower than Cam, but is a nice short area power back that can get you a 1st down on 3rd & short.

Which is why I don't understand why we haven't offered Ricky Parks & Antonio Outler yet.

They're both similar style runners cut from the same cloth as Franklin/Geter but both actually have an extra gear.

I think we could keep Thad over the long haul with a good season, but Seider is doing a good job of selling Franklin on being a Basketball player too, which is crazy because there's no chance Franklin will ever actually play a single second on PSU's BBall team.
ricky parks would def be a better fallback option. i think he is the most similar in style and talent to thad (being just a little bit lower in talent). Plus tampa does produce players and it would be nice to keep getting guys from the area especially Jesuit. but man im tellin you chance black should be in this class regardless.

Is Thad really thinking Penn State? Wtf

All these RBs have PSU on their list thinking they can be the next Saquon lol
It's funny too because Ricky Slade who was a high ranked 5-star just put his name in the Portal back in Feb because he saw that he wasn't going to be getting PT in that backfield with Noah Cain, Devyn Ford & Journey Brown.

Any RB from South Fla that's believing that bull**** that Seider is selling them is gonna have to find out the hard way when they're sitting on the bench up in Happy Valley getting completely ignored by James Franklin lol.

Advertisement
Which is why I don't understand why we haven't offered Ricky Parks & Antonio Outler yet.

Outler is awesome. It is strange that he hasn’t gotten more offers the past couple months. Don’t want to speculate but he disappeared in the middle of football season (they found him).

There must be more to the story because he should be getting P5 offers daily.

Outler is awesome. It is strange that he hasn’t gotten more offers the past couple months. Don’t want to speculate but he disappeared in the middle of football season (they found him).

There must be more to the story because he should be getting P5 offers daily.
Yeah I posted on Outler back in November/Dec after he had a 1600+ yard season, but I had heard he dealt with some mental health issues & was really struggling at one point.

Although, he was pretty active on the early Spring camp circuit this year, so I figured he had some of that stuff settled, but I think teams might not want to take a chance on him being that he's been at 4 different schools in HS & for whatever reason seems to be a bit of a drifter.

Any legit P5 back (which Franklin is) who is going to make a decision because he thinks he is a basketball player (which he is not) is a dummy. You get nowhere bringing in a dummy. Therefore, find another back, several of which have been brought up in this thread.

This whole concept of Franklin getting “basketball” offers is absurd. I’d tell him to shut it down or the Miami option is off the table. Immediately.

Advertisement
It's funny too because Ricky Slade who was a high ranked 5-star just put his name in the Portal back in Feb because he saw that he wasn't going to be getting PT in that backfield with Noah Cain, Devyn Ford & Journey Brown.

Any RB from South Fla that's believing that bull**** that Seider is selling them is gonna have to find out the hard way when they're sitting on the bench up in Happy Valley getting completely ignored by James Franklin lol.

isn’t it possible Franklin is better than those dudes though?

I take players like Geter every year. Some don't pan out...but most do. Ends up being that 5'9" 210lb back...not a super athlete, but grinds his way to a productive college career somewhere if he stays healthy.

Advertisement
Back