2021 QB Jay Allen

I don't want to choose between Garcia and this kid, but I think with Moise giving us back an IC I would take both. I was initially thinking a Garcis/Braxton combo would be nice but this kid is more of a dual threat QB like Milroe. If Lashlee sees potential for him as a King type player in our offense AND he makes our baseball team better, it's a no brainer to offer.

If Garcia jumps from USC to Miami, he's not going to do so into another situation with 2 QB recruits. Otherwise, he wouldn't decommit from USC to start with.

Advertisement
Russell Wilson did it with me at NC State 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️ Then Tom O’Brien got mad because he missed so much spring ball and gave him an ultimatum... So he finished at Wisconsin

And got himself fired when you look back at what happened. Had a chance for a monster year with Wilson that year.

Let me refresh some memories here. Lamar Jackson? We sound like gator fans. I’m not saying the kid can’t play. But Lamar Jackson??!!!
If we would’ve had a spread offense back then and we land Lamar Jackson out team and college football in general would be very different indeed.

Lmaooo HOLY SH** that tape is unreal

Kids HUDL looks dam good. Every pass was dead on the money and hes got sick feet. In our system what more do you need from a qb. If your going to say arm strength ones got to think hes going to get much stronger once he gets on campus. Only thing you don't know from the clips is what kind of intelligence does he have. Im sure our coaches will be getting that answer the more they get to know him.

It's a highlight vid. Of course the passes are going to be dead on the money. He's largely a one read QB in that video and he takes a number of high risk throws that could be problematic in college. There's also a number of plays where he misses a much higher percentage throw on the same side of the field.

His stat production isn't that great, pretty average really. Completion percentage is around 60 percent.
32 TD's to 17 INT's suggests his coaches aren't incredibly confident in him.

If you want a project, he could do in that role. I would be happier if he was a baseball recruit. The Lamar comparison is crazy though.

Advertisement
Let me refresh some memories here. Lamar Jackson? We sound like gator fans. I’m not saying the kid can’t play. But Lamar Jackson??!!!
If we would’ve had a spread offense back then and we land Lamar Jackson out team and college football in general would be very different indeed.

The first play timed with the music is absolute perfection.

Lamar Jackson wasn't some elite passer coming out of high school either. His final two years he only completed like 47% of his passes and Only threw 12TDs as a Senior and passed for like 140 a game. Jackson killed defenses with his legs In high school.

It's a highlight vid. Of course the passes are going to be dead on the money. He's largely a one read QB in that video and he takes a number of high risk throws that could be problematic in college. There's also a number of plays where he misses a much higher percentage throw on the same side of the field.

His stat production isn't that great, pretty average really. Completion percentage is around 60 percent.
32 TD's to 17 INT's suggests his coaches aren't incredibly confident in him.

If you want a project, he could do in that role. I would be happier if he was a baseball recruit. The Lamar comparison is crazy though.
Lamar threw 12TD passes as a Senior lol

He’s a bottom tier P5 kid. UCF or USF should be all over him, maybe he will show more during the elite 11 but he is missing some zip on his passes. The Lamar comparison isn’t good cause he is not the athlete Lamar was coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Lmaooo HOLY SH** that tape is unreal
Ive watched the Michael Vic 30 for 30 and Bowden said after the championship game that in 10 years all qb’s will look like Vic but that hasn’t happened.
If I’m a qb coach I’m moving to sofla and starting a qb camp. Lamar Jackson’s high school tape shows us that football coaches minds and habits are extremely difficult to change just like Doctors. It takes approximately 10 years for a new medical treatment to take a universal hold in medicine. Doctors are extremely stubborn and don’t like changing the way they practice.
If Lamar Jackson was a 21 kid with that tape he would be the number one overall prospect or close to it. His film is better than the kid bama has this year and Lamar is legit 6’2 but even saban didn’t offer him.

It’s always the problem trying to convince someone about a dual threat qb. When you have someone like Jackson the coaches and the player take full advantage of what they have and run the ball. But then dudes point out the td and passing numbers as an indicator for his passing ability. Kosi and Jarren had good td and passing yards and haven’t amounted to jack. People dig their heels in their ways and are so stubborn that they literally ignore their eyes when they watched Jackson’s high school tape. The kid showed that he can throw the **** ball. I don’t know how anyone watched his tape and didn’t see the potential to be a transcendent player at the position.
Another one I still can’t figure out how King can have more yards passing and running and more td’s than Murray but was still recruited as an athlete while Jackson was recruited as a qb.

Advertisement
It’s always the problem trying to convince someone about a dual threat qb. When you have someone like Jackson the coaches and the player take full advantage of what they have and run the ball. But then dudes point out the td and passing numbers as an indicator for his passing ability. Kosi and Jarren had good td and passing yards and haven’t amounted to jack. People dig their heels in their ways and are so stubborn that they literally ignore their eyes when they watched Jackson’s high school tape. The kid showed that he can throw the **** ball. I don’t know how anyone watched his tape and didn’t see the potential to be a transcendent player at the position.
Another one I still can’t figure out how King can have more yards passing and running and more td’s than Murray but was still recruited as an athlete while Jackson was recruited as a qb.
LJ wasn't some elite passer in High school. He didn't really develop his arm until college. Yes he had a big arm in High School but he's was wildly inconsistent and Boyton beach didn't throw that much with Him. His senior year he only threw the ball 14 times a game and only completed like 7 of them. It's easy to sit there and say LJ was this transcendent player but at the time no one viewed him like that. A lot of programs offered him as a WR or just a Pure Athlete.

Last edited:
LJ wasn't some elite passer in High school. He didn't really develop his arm until college. Yes he had a big arm in High School but he's was wildly inconsistent and Boyton beach didn't throw that much with Him. His senior year he only threw the ball 14 times a game and only completed like 7 of them. It's easy to sit there and say LJ was this transcendent player but at the time no one viewed him like that. A lot of programs offered him as a WR or just a Pure Athlete.

Sadly this forum is filled with porsters who routinely engage in revisionist history. They loosely make hyperbolic statements like they're eating tic-tacs. Smh

Advertisement
If we would’ve had a spread offense back then and we land Lamar Jackson our team and college football in general would be very different indeed.

THIS I WILL BACK 1000 PERCENT. JUST HOPE WE DIDNT WAIT TO LONG TO SWITCH TO SPREAD. LAMAR’S AND CAMS DONT GROW IN TREE’S.

Fair to say he’s a less experienced and accomplished version of Davis/Auburn commit?
Might have a higher upside as a passer???

Yes, this is true.

My thing with Lamar is that you do what Petrino did, tell him he's going to be a QB and roll with that. You don't tell him he'll get a shot, but if it doesn't work out he'll play another position. You make that recruit believe he can play the position he wants to play, the rest will work itself out in time.

Lamar is a spectacular athlete. Allen just looks alright with the ball in his hands. I don't see anything crazy about him while Lamar's talent jumps out at ya.

We took Evan Sherriefs, so we very easily could have taken a chance in Lamar.

Yes, this is true.

My thing with Lamar is that you do what Petrino did, tell him he's going to be a QB and roll with that. You don't tell him he'll get a shot, but if it doesn't work out he'll play another position. You make that recruit believe he can play the position he wants to play, the rest will work itself out in time.

Lamar is a spectacular athlete. Allen just looks alright with the ball in his hands. I don't see anything crazy about him while Lamar's talent jumps out at ya.

We took Evan Sherriefs, so we very easily could have taken a chance in Lamar.
This is what I’ve been trying to say. You can’t just look at Lamar Jackson’s tape and say “oh look another running qb”.

Advertisement
Back