2021 QB Jay Allen

Advertisement
Yes and is committed to Florida for baseball I believe. I think he's looking to be a Two Sport Athlete wherever he goes, not sure how that is possible if you play QB
Russell Wilson did it with me at NC State 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️ Then Tom O’Brien got mad because he missed so much spring ball and gave him an ultimatum... So he finished at Wisconsin

Advertisement
Russell Wilson did it with me at NC State 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️ Then Tom O’Brien got mad because he missed so much spring ball and gave him an ultimatum... So he finished at Wisconsin

David Thompson and Rosier tried it recently. Thompson realize quick his bat was stronger than his arm. Rosier had to quit baseball to actually make it on the football field. It's tough. Generally one sport has to give a little ground to the other. Jameis made it work at FSU but baseball was clearly second fiddle.

David Thompson and Rosier tried it recently. Thompson realize quick his bat was stronger than his arm. Rosier had to quit baseball to actually make it on the football field. It's tough. Generally one sport has to give a little ground to the other. Jameis made it work at FSU but baseball was clearly second fiddle.

This kid is much better than Russell Wilson, DT, Rosier, and Jameis. He won’t ever step on a football field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes and is committed to Florida for baseball I believe. I think he's looking to be a Two Sport Athlete wherever he goes, not sure how that is possible if you play QB
It can be done. People just make these kids specialize at younger age but its been done before, it can be done again. Kid must be talented

Thought I read somewhere this kid prefers football over baseball

He’s the top outfielder in the state of Florida. Do you think he wants to go fight for a starting spot on the football team instead of taking the 6 figure payout he has coming 12 months from now? Serious question. He’s the opposite of Kyler Murray. He’s getting looks at QB bc of his potential, but will get drafted to play baseball bc of he can flat out play.

Advertisement
He’s the top outfielder in the state of Florida. Do you think he wants to go fight for a starting spot on the football team instead of taking the 6 figure payout he has coming 12 months from now? Serious question. He’s the opposite of Kyler Murray. He’s getting looks at QB bc of his potential, but will get drafted to play baseball bc of he can flat out play.
Who cares what I think?

The player said it himself, out of his own mouth.

From a Rivals interview - kid wants to play football.

Allen’s coach, Mickey Groody, has taken a lead role in communicating with UM offensive coordinator/QB coach Rhett Lashlee.

Groody says Lashlee inquired about Allen a couple of months ago and has stayed in touch, with the communication picking up in the past week. Just a few days ago Allen put together a video to send Lashlee at his request.

“Miami had already offered (2023 John Carroll High DE) Wilkey Denaud, and when coach Lashlee called he said `I’m not calling you about Wilkey, I’m calling you about Jay Allen, this guy is very intriguing to me,'" Groody said. "And he told me a little story about how when he was at Auburn he tried to get Gus Malzahn to offer a guy named Lamar Jackson. And he goes `I’m having flashbacks to that.’”

Groody adds, “It’s very kind of similar if you watch Jay Allen’s film and Lamar Jackson’s (high school) film [see bottom of story for video on both playing in high school]. Jay can actually throw the ball a little bit better when you compare high school films.”

The coach goes on to say that Lashlee requested some clips of Allen throwing so he put together film of Allen doing through a type of "Pro Day" where he made a number of scripted throws in preparation for the Elite 11 finals.

Allen lists 13 offers, but no major programs have offered a scholarship yet.

“I got a lot of the same response from a lot of the Power 5 programs that have inquired about him, that he’s `A very intriguing guy,’” Groody said. “A lot of schools are kind of hesitant because of the baseball commit.”

The kid’s the best athlete I’ve ever seen, and I’m not just saying that because he’s my guy,” Groody said. “I’ve never seen anybody dominate the three main sports the way he does - he’s our starting point guard as well as well as our centerfielder.

“His athleticism makes our RPO game a real threat, and if he does get in trouble with his athleticism he’s able to get us a couple of yards if worse comes to worse. I think he can fit in on the Power Five level in both football and baseball. Any school giving him that shot, I think it’ll pay dividends for them.”

Allen says he wants to primarily play football in college - so far UF has only offered for baseball. Lashlee's told Allen he can also play baseball at Miami, so if the Canes offer for football, they have a good shot to land him.

From a Rivals interview - kid wants to play football.

Allen’s coach, Mickey Groody, has taken a lead role in communicating with UM offensive coordinator/QB coach Rhett Lashlee.

Groody says Lashlee inquired about Allen a couple of months ago and has stayed in touch, with the communication picking up in the past week. Just a few days ago Allen put together a video to send Lashlee at his request.

“Miami had already offered (2023 John Carroll High DE) Wilkey Denaud, and when coach Lashlee called he said `I’m not calling you about Wilkey, I’m calling you about Jay Allen, this guy is very intriguing to me,'" Groody said. "And he told me a little story about how when he was at Auburn he tried to get Gus Malzahn to offer a guy named Lamar Jackson. And he goes `I’m having flashbacks to that.’”

Groody adds, “It’s very kind of similar if you watch Jay Allen’s film and Lamar Jackson’s (high school) film [see bottom of story for video on both playing in high school]. Jay can actually throw the ball a little bit better when you compare high school films.”

The coach goes on to say that Lashlee requested some clips of Allen throwing so he put together film of Allen doing through a type of "Pro Day" where he made a number of scripted throws in preparation for the Elite 11 finals.

Allen lists 13 offers, but no major programs have offered a scholarship yet.

“I got a lot of the same response from a lot of the Power 5 programs that have inquired about him, that he’s `A very intriguing guy,’” Groody said. “A lot of schools are kind of hesitant because of the baseball commit.”

The kid’s the best athlete I’ve ever seen, and I’m not just saying that because he’s my guy,” Groody said. “I’ve never seen anybody dominate the three main sports the way he does - he’s our starting point guard as well as well as our centerfielder.

“His athleticism makes our RPO game a real threat, and if he does get in trouble with his athleticism he’s able to get us a couple of yards if worse comes to worse. I think he can fit in on the Power Five level in both football and baseball. Any school giving him that shot, I think it’ll pay dividends for them.”

Allen says he wants to primarily play football in college - so far UF has only offered for baseball. Lashlee's told Allen he can also play baseball at Miami, so if the Canes offer for football, they have a good shot to land him.

I just felt a twitch

Advertisement
Back