2021 QB Braylon Braxton

Advertisement
If we didn’t get king, tvd would be starting
Someone said the other day when I asked that TVD is not gonna enough for Miami. I'm like big guy who can run some and can sling it, how can that be? I hope King is here for 2 years but if he goes off i don't see it.

I'm not on the Braxton bandwagon. But i am of the opinion you need a QB every year bc of transfers, injuries and bust rates.....unless we plan to go the transfer route one more time and use that IC on a CB.

Advertisement
Dow

doesnt matter when we offer, IF we do he’ll commit within a few days, I promise. Unfortunately our fan base and staff has cared QB’s off with this Garcia or bust approach so some of them aren’t receptive even with our success.

For the record, I am not "Garcia-or-bust", I've just noted that he seems to be the only kid we've offered who has reciprocated interest. And I don't think we can afford to take "nobody". I get that we will have to be patient and hope for some rival coaching changes, decommits, and/or portal entries.

Someone said the other day when I asked that TVD is not gonna enough for Miami. I'm like big guy who can run some and can sling it, how can that be? I hope King is here for 2 years but if he goes off i don't see it.

It's not about "enough", it's about having depth and having a QB pipeline. Any QB can be erased for a season with one big hit by the opposing team.

I've heard that if King continues to play this well, he's gone after 1. I'd love for him to stay, but not sure it's in the cards.

For the record, I am not "Garcia-or-bust", I've just noted that he seems to be the only kid we've offered who has reciprocated interest. And I don't think we can afford to take "nobody". I get that we will have to be patient and hope for some rival coaching changes, decommits, and/or portal entries.
I’m with you. I’m starting to learn towards a transfer though. Fill this class as best as we can with other positions and let TVD, perry and a grad transfer battle

I’m with you. I’m starting to learn towards a transfer though. Fill this class as best as we can with other positions and let TVD, perry and a grad transfer battle

See, I'm not as sure on "transfer" at the QB position. King was a unique situation, where that mo-fo Holgorsen forced him to sit for a year. And, yes, you can hit the lottery with a Joe Burrow. But we also took Tate...so there's that.

I'd love to see us sign Braxton or a decommit from a school that has a coaching change.

Advertisement
See, I'm not as sure on "transfer" at the QB position. King was a unique situation, where that mo-fo Holgorsen forced him to sit for a year. And, yes, you can hit the lottery with a Joe Burrow. But we also took Tate...so there's that.

I'd love to see us sign Braxton or a decommit from a school that has a coaching change.

Recent years the transfer qb has been very successful. Murray , Fields , mayfield , King, Costello, hurts , burrow , buechelle etc. These new spread offenses make the transition easier , the system pretty much make anyone look serviceable. If lashlee gets a good athlete that can somewhat pass he’ll put up stats in this system. This isn’t the richt era anymore.

Last edited:

If lashlee is doing the picking my skin crawls a little less at the thought of it. I think manny went out and got Tate Martell himself... and yeah.. no

If lashlee is doing the picking my skin crawls a little less at the thought of it. I think manny went out and got Tate Martell himself... and yeah.. no
Then put a shrimp with a meh arm into a pro style 1990’s offense. When the kid has always been spread guy. I’ve never been on the Tate train but he’d been a lot better in an offense like this. It’s actually hard to look bad in these offenses. You have all the answers pre snap.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Then put a shrimp with a meh arm into a pro style 1990’s offense. When the kid has always been a pro style guy. I’ve never been on the Tate train but he’d been a lot better in an offense like this. It’s actually hard to look bad in these offenses. You have all the answers pre snap.
Yeah okay...put Rosier in this offense and he'll make it look easy to look bad 🤣...I won't comment on Tate since he's still technically on the roster lol

Yeah okay...put Rosier in this offense and he'll make it look easy to look bad 🤣...I won't comment on Tate since he's still technically on the roster lol
Even rosier would’ve looked better, fewer reads , easier throws and you’re **** near always in the right play since there’s the “ check with me” pre snap. That’s not even counting the zone read / run threat holding the de. It’s actually pretty **** hard to look bad in these offenses.

There’s a reason every record belongs to qb’s in these systems.

Advertisement
Even rosier would’ve looked better, fewer reads , easier throws and you’re **** near always in the right play since there’s the “ check with me” pre snap. That’s not even counting the zone read / run threat holding the de. It’s actually pretty **** hard to look bad in these offenses.

There’s a reason every record belongs to qb’s in these systems.

They'd all get better under Lashlee. But, for example, do you think we win against UAB and UL with Perry as our starter this year? I think we drop one of those. He looked okay in mopup vs. FSU. But nothing like King.

They'd all get better under Lashlee. But, for example, do you think we win against UAB and UL with Perry as our starter this year? I think we drop one of those. He looked okay in mopup vs. FSU. But nothing like King.
Uab is a win not sure on UL. We were so vanilla against uab it can’t be judged fairly. It’s Actually impossible to answer.

I’ve been the guy who’s been preaching for fifteen years to go to a spread because I know how much easier it makes offense and playing qb. We’ve been making our qb’s play with one arm tied behind their back for years, while other teams were put in a much easier position.

I played in a spread offense in the mid 90’s, we beat far more talented teams because of scheme, we had a huge schematic advantage. I’m not some realize how much easier these offenses make things.

Advertisement
Back