NFL 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Advertisement
I would've gone Sermon too. I like Herbert if he's there in the 5th. Hard to see what the long term plan is at RB because next years RB class will be even weaker than this year.

Seems like this regime will be fine just trying to find bargains and 1 year and band-aids at RB - which can work but is a bit risky.
This regime seems to do a lot of overthinking. Except sometimes it seems they don't have the firepower inside that room to think through risk/reward in an optimal way. I know people are upset with the Holland pick, but I think it's actually one of their better picks.

Michael Carter instantly the best runner and receiver on the Jets. And Zach Wilson needs all the run game help he can get.
I presume you mean in the backfield? Denzel Mims and Moore are a nice little complementary duo at WR.

No I am. Forgot about him until a couple seconds after I posted.

I meant best receiving back then I was like whatever he is their best receiver then I remembered Elijah.
(y)

If Wilson is the real deal, Elijah will have heck of a start to his career.

Advertisement
(y)

If Wilson is the real deal, Elijah will have heck of a start to his career.
I think Elijah is gonna be their Deebo. He'll get a ton of underneath looks.

In terms of downfield I think Wilson's accuracy is very overrated. He threw a ton of hospital balls that the big BYU receivers hauled in. That's more Mims' game.

Love ARSB fit in Detroit. That scheme requires inside/outside route versatility and ruggedness from WRs. He should be a day 1 starter.

Nice pick with Derrick Barnes. Dude is physical and has serious closing burst. Detroit quietly putting together a great draft. I told y'all that team is going in the right direction.

Nice pick with Derrick Barnes. Dude is physical and has serious closing burst. Detroit quietly putting together a great draft. I told y'all that team is going in the right direction.
It’s hard to trust Dan Campbell though lol

Advertisement
This regime seems to do a lot of overthinking. Except sometimes it seems they don't have the firepower inside that room to think through risk/reward in an optimal way. I know people are upset with the Holland pick, but I think it's actually one of their better picks.
I really like the Holland Pick. Simply a playmaker.

Also safety was definitely a need. We struggled whenever McCain/Rowe were out. Look at the Chiefs game for example. Immediate TD when McCain went down.

I would have liked a new center instead of the TE pick but it seems they will roll with the guy who can't snap.

Last edited:
Belichick got his new LeGarrette Blount.

AFC East loading up on backs...except the Dolphins.

Belichick got his new LeGarrette Blount.

AFC East loading up on backs...except the Dolphins.
I think it's obvious this regime does not value RBs. The running game will be improved though with the OL and WR upgrades. Not too worried as most.

Advertisement
Couple of thoughts on Miami's draft so far:

1. Waddle is going to be a problem. I hope Miami has the Off. coord. that knows how to use him.

2. I think Phillips, Van Ginkle, and Ogbah on the field on 3rd downs & passing situations may be special.

3. if Dolphins are waiting to draft Gainwell from Memphis, I will forgive them of passing up Etienne, Najee, and Williams at RB.

4. Holland is going to play all over the place. S, NCB, in the box. Flores loves these types of defensive players and Flores knows how to coach them too.

If Miami selects Gainwell, I think it's a B+ draft.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back