NFL 2021 Draft

Advertisement
Dane Brugler has the following Canes ranked in his top 100:

24. Rousseau - EDGE4
29. Phillips - EDGE5
82. Jordan - TE4

This mirrors what I've been saying which is that GR made a (earnings) mistake opting out and Jordan should have returned to push for 1st rd consideration.

Looking at the draft order I see these teams as being fits in those ranges:
Rousseau - IND, TEN, SEA or he slides
Phillips - LAR, CLE, TB, BUF
Jordan - JAX, ATL, PHI, ARI

Dane Brugler has the following Canes ranked in his top 100:

24. Rousseau - EDGE4
29. Phillips - EDGE5
82. Jordan - TE4

This mirrors what I've been saying which is that GR made a (earnings) mistake opting out and Jordan should have returned to push for 1st rd consideration.

Looking at the draft order I see these teams as being fits in those ranges:
Rousseau - IND, TEN, SEA or he slides
Phillips - LAR, CLE, TB, BUF
Jordan - JAX, ATL, PHI, ARI
Have you ever seen Rousseau in person?.

Advertisement
This draft analysis has Greg falling also.

This is what he said on his site.

Pro football network

Ojulari moves into the top 20
Georgia OLB Azeez Ojulari moves into the top 20 in the player rankings of my NFL Draft big board, jumping ahead of Miami’s Gregory Rousseau.

It’s a combination of Ojulari showing great playmaking skills and the ability to impact games in a variety of ways on defense coupled with Rousseau’s inactivity this year based on his decision to opt-out. There is concern among league scouts that Rousseau is a one-trick pony and purely an edge rusher who exploited college-level opponents.

-He has Jaelen Phillips 68th on his big board

-He has Brevin Jordan 98th.

Greg cost himself money not playing this year.

I personally think Jaelen and Brevin cost themselves money also.

I think Phillips could’ve gotten into the first coming back, and if there is no combine that is going to be a big reach for him to get in first imo.

Jordan could’ve come back and possibly gotten into top 60 picks showing he can stay healthy.

Last edited:
I’m still betting on scouts changing there tune quickly as soon as he shows up to the combine with no shirt on looking like a **** freak of nature. Right now it’s out of sight, out of mind with him. GR15 I am not worried about one bit. A lot of this is all talk right now based on nobody having really seen him for a whole year. If he’s working out like I think he is, he will be fine

Pro football network

Georgia OLB Azeez Ojulari moves into the top 20 in the player rankings of my NFL Draft big board, jumping ahead of Miami’s Gregory Rousseau.

It’s a combination of Ojulari showing great playmaking skills and the ability to impact games in a variety of ways on defense coupled with Rousseau’s inactivity this year based on his decision to opt-out. There is concern among league scouts that Rousseau is a one-trick pony and purely an edge rusher who exploited college-level opponents.

Been saying this since he opted out. It’s gonna cost him.

Nobody likes a quitter, and he’s only played a year of college football. Too big of a risk for any GM to blow a 1st round pick on, as I see it.

I still think he slips out of the 1st round

Advertisement
Been saying this since he opted out. It’s gonna cost him.

Nobody likes a quitter, and he’s only played a year of college football. Too big of a risk for any GM to blow a 1st round pick on, as I see it.

I still think he slips out of the 1st round
The only way this scenario happens if he is overweight, out of shape and looks like he’s been doing nothing with himself the last 365 days.

Pro football network

-He has Jaelen Phillips 68th on his big board

-He has Brevin Jordan 98th.

Greg cost himself money not playing this year.

I personally think Jaelen and Brevin cost themselves money also.

I think Phillips could’ve gotten into the first coming back, and if there is no combine that is going to be a big reach for him to get in first imo.

Jordan could’ve come back and possibly gotten into top 60 picks showing he can stay healthy.
How can Jaelan Phillips cost himself money when....Dude was about to retire. And likely wouldnt have started if not for covid. HE MADE MONEY. He has an injury history. Jordan will be a top 3 tight end taken more than likely. Same he would be next year. He aint getting taller. Coming back and getting injured again does what?. Its not that strong of a te class and TE's dont go first round like that anyway...he would be coming back chancing maybe 20-30 spots in the draft at most.

Greg Roussseau the minute the scouts get to actually see him in person will shoot right back up boards i doubt he is slipping anyway. Dude looks like a got **** Dinosaur and there isnt any other dends looking like him coming out on the huff. LOL @ Ojulari

I have been reliably informed the GR15 is an elite prospect on the level of Chase Young due to the fact he had 15 sacks here. I was also told by said sources that opting out would do nothing for him because he's, and I quote, "elite."

Teams are not spending top 15 capital on a guy with 14 games worth of film. It's not happening. He should have played at least half the season

Last edited:
My Rousseau Prediction:

He'll continue to slip on draft boards for the next month....until teams see him workout. When they see his size/athleticism combo in person - that upside will bump him back up draft boards
Great minds think alike...i made my post b4 seeing yours.

I seen Greg Rousseau in person. Keep in mind i wasnt that high on him as a recruit. This was him as a true freshman...dude looked like a nfl rookie then. I was sold. I played offensive tackle in college, Played in high school with a high draft pick big 10 dl, was college roomates with another nfl drafted edge guy, and Rousseau legitimately makes those 2 look like hs srs. lol

Advertisement
I have been reliably informed the GR15 is an elite prospect on the level of Chase Young due to the fact he had 15 sacks here. I was also told by said sources that opting out would do nothing for him because he's, and I quote, "elite."

Teams are not spending top 15 capital on a guy with 15 games worth of film. It's not happening. He should have played at least half the season
How much games did Micah Parsons play?. Lets make a bet to see if he falls out of top 15?.

The only way this scenario happens if he is overweight, out of shape and looks like he’s been doing nothing with himself the last 365 days.

I’m not even convinced Rousseau LIKES football. He’s hardly played any snaps, and he chose to sit out.

No doubt he’s athletic... but the NFL is a grind. He hasn’t proven that he can or even wants to put in the time and take a beating for 16+ games a season.

IDK, we’ll see what happens. He’s gifted for sure, you got that part right

Advertisement
How can Jaelan Phillips cost himself money when....Dude was about to retire. And likely wouldnt have started if not for covid. HE MADE MONEY. He has an injury history. Jordan will be a top 3 tight end taken more than likely. Same he would be next year. He aint getting taller. Coming back and getting injured again does what?. Its not that strong of a te class and TE's dont go first round like that anyway...he would be coming back chancing maybe 20-30 spots in the draft at most.

Greg Roussseau the minute the scouts get to actually see him in person will shoot right back up boards i doubt he is slipping anyway. Dude looks like a got **** Dinosaur and there isnt any other dends looking like him coming out on the huff. LOL @
You know what I mean. He didn’t cost himself money coming out of retirement.

I do think he could’ve come back next season, made a case to be edge rusher #1 in the entire draft. Hence he cost himself money coming out this year, when he had the upside to make a big climb.

Jordan could’ve also benefited. No he wouldn’t have grown, but he hasn’t shown he can stay healthy. If I’m spending a top 100 pick on a player, I want them to prove to me they can play football games.

It is a much better TE draft this year than say last year, so not sure what you are talking about about there.

My Rousseau Prediction:

He'll continue to slip on draft boards for the next month....until teams see him workout. When they see his size/athleticism combo in person - that upside will bump him back up draft boards
It's exactly what's going to happen. He's going to be a freak and whatever team gets him is getting a stud!!

Great minds think alike...i made my post b4 seeing yours.

I seen Greg Rousseau in person. Keep in mind i wasnt that high on him as a recruit. This was him as a true freshman...dude looked like a nfl rookie then. I was sold. I played offensive tackle in college, Played in high school with a high draft pick big 10 dl, was college roomates with another nfl drafted edge guy, and Rousseau legitimately makes those 2 look like hs srs. lol
This is what fans keep forgetting this kid is an athlete in Godzillas body. He's going to be a monster in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back