Official 2021 DL Darrell Jackson - COMMITS

Advertisement
I think everyone assumed he committed bc of the Comebalwitus tweet by Cooney…which in our case is usually the bat signal but like most have said, North FL kids aren’t a sure thing
That's true and Cooney is usually spot on.... But that's why I also noted that fact that Jackson could have been a gaytor all along and trolled us.

That would really **** me off!
Lol crystal balls don’t mean **** in recruiting. Gaby making a prediction holds no weight on this decision. The staff put out the bat signal but No one should be overly confident about pulling panhandle Florida kids to Miami. If we get him awesome but it’s best to have 0 expectations with a kid who grew up 20 minutes from Tallahassee. Probably had warchant playing in his crib lmao

Advertisement
I kind of wish they would just create an NIL Auction. All the interested teams show up. The player slams the Gavel and yells Sold to the highest bidder!!!

That way we can avoid this going back and forth crap that were starting to see.
I mean… at least the off season isn’t boring anymore.

If the heart strings from home are pulling, it’ll be tough to overcome. We’ve got the $ advantage, playing time advantage (although both aren’t as high as you’d assume) and coaching advantage.

If he still wants to play in Gainesville, f^ck him lol. Not much more to say.

Let’s see how it pans out.

These writers and reporters don’t know sht. He goes back there and it’s a wrap.
That post with dexter was all we needed to know. These north Florida dudes have been drinking that gator and semenhole juice for too long.

Like I posted on the cormani thread; it’s gonna have to be sofla kids until we start winning meaningful games. Until then these players are gonna pick those schools just like that linebacker from Jacksonville did.
And we still have to fight off the frontrunners for the 5 star local kids.

Advertisement
That post with dexter was all we needed to know. These north Florida dudes have been drinking that gator and semenhole juice for too long.

Like I posted on the cormani thread; it’s gonna have to be sofla kids until we start winning meaningful games. Until then these players are gonna pick those schools just like that linebacker from Jacksonville did.
Respectfully disagree. It will absolutely be tough to grab those kids, just like it always has been - but with that logic we should stop recruiting LeBlanc, McClain, Bryant etc.

Nothing stops Bama, UGA, Ohio St, etc. From stepping into anyone’s backyard for recruits - why should we? That’s the new standard.

Most kids from the panhandle just have a different mentality then the other kids in Central and South Florida. They're not about the bigger city face paced surroundings and are more attracted to the traditional college campus. It is what it is. I'm liking the direction Mario is taking us so far. However, we're not going to get everyone regardless if we have money with NIL now or not. No one does and there is no reason to freak out. Have a short memory and move on to the next target.

Advertisement
Who cares if he visits UF, he visited them before he came here and man got confident when he came. So if he wanna double 'check', do it. People were saying Caleb was going to Texas after he visited them after us. Let these players do their due deligence and if they go elsewhere, so be it.

UF and FSU staff cannot compare to ours. NIL is good but if man wanna make a career, they look at that as only a piece of the puzzle. Not worried either way.

Once again this is why I always drop posts like this when dealing with North Florida kids when Fsu / UF are involved. It’s a battle and is never easy. I’m not saying he’s gone I’m just saying.
Wrong post

Advertisement
Once again this is why I always drop posts like this when dealing with North Florida kids when Fsu / UF are involved. It’s a battle and is never easy. I’m not saying he’s gone I’m just saying.

9B16C141-323E-4681-92C7-A3F2BB27D811.png
9B16C141-323E-4681-92C7-A3F2BB27D811.png

Last edited by a moderator:

In all fairness they often don’t but like anything or anyone else, including insiders on here, if they’re saying things based on the Miami side, it’s only as good as the Miami side knows or understands it. So if he said he’s coming and we’re confident, it doesn’t guarantee that he’s being honest or made a final, final decision at the time he said that even if he thinks he did say he’s coming with good intentions.

In all fairness they often don’t but like anything or anyone else, including insiders on here, if they’re saying things based on the Miami side, it’s only as good as the Miami side knows or understands it. So if he said he’s coming and we’re confident, it doesn’t guarantee that he’s being honest or made a final, final decision at the time he said that even if he thinks he did say he’s coming with good intentions.
We got burned by this in 2012, when the Brow was championing what he was hearing from our side as the only truth. In the meantime, he wasn't really checking or didn't have the sources on what the competition was hearing and we looked like fools in the last month. Thats why my ears perk up when I hear that UF is confident with Baxter and then there is an feature saying Miami has the least chance. I dont really believe that but it reminds you that you are getting the info through some sort of biased lense.

Advertisement
Back