2021 CB Tony Grimes

Advertisement
So we may see Grimes if the season happens this fall. He is reclassifying and graduating at the end of July. Planning on enrolling at UNC in August for the fall semester. HS football is too "iffy" in NC so he was prepared if he had to do this.
Wow. I always assumed he’d get snatched up by a big time bag school but this is a straight business decision. Big pull for Mack. Sucks we gotta deal with him

So we may see Grimes if the season happens this fall. He is reclassifying and graduating at the end of July. Planning on enrolling at UNC in August for the fall semester. HS football is too "iffy" in NC so he was prepared if he had to do this.
You mean iffy in VA*... And honestly this is the main reason he committed there. Seen the campus, knows the staff and familiar with the players. Mack used this and VA not having a season as a way to get him committed and playing this year. Good move

You mean iffy in VA*... And honestly this is the main reason he committed there. Seen the campus, knows the staff and familiar with the players. Mack used this and VA not having a season as a way to get him committed and playing this year. Good move

yes - you're right. I did mean Virginia. And I agree with you. I read that he has wavered about whether he will reclassify but it seems now that it is definitely happening according to what his father told the UNC writers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This isn’t basketball where you can play way above your weight class as long as you’re skilled enough. This isn’t baseball where you can play showcase and face kids as good as college guys every summer. Football is a different animal. This kid is gonna take more than a few beatings this year.

Advertisement
Back