2021 CB Tony Grimes

This is further proof that winning doesn't get u recruits....bags get u recruits. If I'm a HS standout player I'm going where the bags are.....who's taking care of mom and dad? That's where I'm going and it seems like alot CIS don't understand this. This exact thing UNC is doing contradicts what the fans say win and they come.....u don't have to win u have to recruit then win like every other super power in cfb.
I'm going to Miami, if they offer. Being a fan sways it, but also the brotherhood of former Canes that is not something to sniff at.

If the Canes don't offer, I'm available to the highest bidder - with considerations for how good my official visit hostesses were and location. I'd hate to go to Bum****, USA, just because they have a good college team.

Advertisement
They went 7-6, we went 6-7, and the perception of both programs could not be more different.

I guess that's what happens when you turn 2 wins into 7 wins and you do it with an exciting brand of ball, a rising QB, and a likeable coach. Crazy.

Oh, and although bowl games are a joke, boy do they help with the perception of your program for the next 8 months.

Manny better have his **** tight. UNC is trending way up. GT finally joined the 21st century and GA is a football hotbed. VT will always be solid. The Coastal isn't going to be this bad forever, and we still have only figured out how to win it once.

Proven coach, no matter what you think of that proof...energized boo$ter$....solid combo.

Roy doesn’t buy recruits? Neither does Saban, but that doesn’t mean boosters and apparel reps don’t. Under oath a guy admitted to paying kids to go to Carolina. It doesn’t matter what you believe I’m stating a fact.

Either way f*** that school

No No No lol BIG difference between boosters shaking a kids hand ( happens everywhere ) and Saban nudging the boosters!

By the way, the PJ Hairston is a poor example. He was caught with a gun off campus driving a car by someone not in any way affiliated with the school. The man was a felon! He also rented cars to players from Duke and State. Hairston was caught with and tested positive for weed. All of which caused him to be suspended and eventually kicked off the team. Same with Will Graves.

However, I agree that it’s almost impossible to police a booster in many respects. Final point. Watching two recruitments and being blessed enough to do so showed me a lot about the way UNC and Coach Williams recruit. They were obsessive on their kids not doing anything illegal. If I mentioned two other big time coaches and how they recruit and asked you who you think cheats and who doesn’t, you would be shocked to know who was the correct answer.

I think we can agree on one thing here. I’m sick of UNC, hearing about their recruiting, and ready to kick their collective asses in a couple of months!

Imagine thinking he will actually stick

This isn't a SFL 5 start diva. Only way Grimes doesn't stick is if UNC doesn't go bowling this year. Dude is looking to possibly graduate early and play at UNC this year.

I'm going to Miami, if they offer. Being a fan sways it, but also the brotherhood of former Canes that is not something to sniff at.

If the Canes don't offer, I'm available to the highest bidder - with considerations for how good my official visit hostesses were and location. I'd hate to go to Bum****, USA, just because they have a good college team.
your thinking like a fan though, if u grew up in the hood and moneys tight but U love the U growing up. But then Saban or whomever say yo your good and super elite here is 100k ill take care of u. Money changes peoples mind man u have to realize that. Your thinking as an adult fan bro but u have to put yourself in there shoes bro and the people around them say take the money it may never come again.

Advertisement
You’d be shocked at how many recruitments he pulled out of because the kids had ‘handlers’.... The paper classes had been around for YEARS for athletes In all the sports. UNC probably would’ve had Zion had Jeff Capel not allowed the family to move into his house in Durham rent free while he left for Pitt.
I’m not defending duke I’m just saying the tar heels are far from a clean program also just so happens it was when butch favis was there LOL

Lol I had to look this up. They are both 68....

Butch deserves what he gets. He was asked after Coker about a return to Miami and he laughed it off basically and went to UNC. Only when he had zero options did he want back in. Sad thing is this program and Butch were a match for each other. I am one that disagreed with posters that said if he took over when Richt was hired that he wouldn’t win. He is 68, but by now, this roster would
be built with his players for a run.

UNC has always recruited Virginia well, especially Tidewater area. Probably their most famous get was Lawrence Taylor but there have been many others, including Dre Bly, who probably recruited this kid. This is why UVa and VT wanted UNC buried during their run-in with the NCAA because they know of the damage that school does recruiting in their home state.

UNC has always recruited Virginia well, especially Tidewater area. Probably their most famous get was Lawrence Taylor but there have been many others, including Dre Bly, who probably recruited this kid. This is why UVa and VT wanted UNC buried during their run-in with the NCAA because they know of the damage that school does recruiting in their home state.

Its driving distance for those tidewater area kids. They love going to college in NC, my college was loaded with them

Advertisement
your thinking like a fan though, if u grew up in the hood and moneys tight but U love the U growing up. But then Saban or whomever say yo your good and super elite here is 100k ill take care of u. Money changes peoples mind man u have to realize that. Your thinking as an adult fan bro but u have to put yourself in there shoes bro and the people around them say take the money it may never come again.
If Saban thinks I'm good enough to throw $100k at, I'm backing myself to at least make an NFL practice squad.

There's literally now way I'd go to somewhere like Alabama. Location. Location. Location.

Advertisement
Butch deserves what he gets. He was asked after Coker about a return to Miami and he laughed it off basically and went to UNC. Only when he had zero options did he want back in. Sad thing is this program and Butch were a match for each other. I am one that disagreed with posters that said if he took over when Richt was hired that he wouldn’t win. He is 68, but by now, this roster would
be built with his players for a run.
He was NOT asked to come back to UM after Coker, and he certainly didn't or wouldn't of had laughed it off....Total BS....Lets stop the nonsense..

If Saban thinks I'm good enough to throw $100k at, I'm backing myself to at least make an NFL practice squad.

There's literally now way I'd go to somewhere like Alabama. Location. Location. Location.
Yea your the 1% then....u have to understand the kids are young they don't know any better. They could care less about location until they get older and more wiser.

He was NOT asked to come back to UM after Coker, and he certainly didn't or wouldn't of had laughed it off....Total BS....Lets stop the nonsense..

What are you talking about? I never said the school asked him to come back. I said he was asked about it in the media and he said it was a been there done that kind of thing. It’s not BS. Go google it.

Advertisement
What are you talking about? I never said the school asked him to come back. I said he was asked about it in the media and he said it was a been there done that kind of thing. It’s not BS. Go google it.
Because he was NOT asked to return like you 1st alluded to...I'll be at his house Sat...No need to regurgitate some BS to him...

Because he was NOT asked to return like you 1st alluded to...I'll be at his house Sat...No need to regurgitate some BS to him...

If i’m wrong that’s fine. I’m gonna have to look it up and see if I can find it. I swear I read an article that based on the relationship or ending with the AD at the time he felt it was a been there done that type of thing. If I’m wrong I’m wrong.

Some coaches and programs just match!! I wished he came back!

If i’m wrong that’s fine. I’m gonna have to look it up and see if I can find it. I swear I read an article that based on the relationship or ending with the AD at the time he felt it was a been there done that type of thing. If I’m wrong I’m wrong.

Some coaches and programs just match!! I wished he came back!
At No time was Butch asked to come back to UM by ANYONE on the Administration after 2000...(even though he was friends with Paul D'imare and Stu Miller who's Dad hired Butch in 95)...Did Butch want back in several times after 2000??...Absolutely...but at No time was he ever asked to come back..

At No time was Butch asked to come back to UM by ANYONE on the Administration after 2000...(even though he was friends with Paul D'imare and Stu Miller who's Dad hired Butch in 95)...Did Butch want back in several times after 2000??...Absolutely...but at No time was he ever asked to come back..

Hey Check your PM if you can.

That is just the most amazing information to me. Living up in CT I hear nothing in our Canes and this board is amazing. I appreciate the correction. I was not trying to sound like a no it all. But again, that is crazy. I used to argue with so many Miami fans who said if Butch got the job over Richt we wouldn’t have been build up and it would have been like coach Robinson and USC when he returned. I think Butch Davis is the best evaluator of talent from high school to college maybe ever!

Advertisement
Back