2021 CB Nyland Green receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Nyland-Green-46079334/

6'3 180lbs 4-star CB from Covington GA, goes to 7A school Newton.

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball versatile athlete that plays WR, CB & Safety. Has very good WR hands & good speed, as a DB plays well at both CB & S, but I believe projects best at S. Had 17tcks 3INT's his Junior season.

Holds offer from Clemson, Auburn, Oregon, Michigan, Minnesota, Tenn, South Carolina, UCF, GTech, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky & Louisville

Advertisement
Dual sport - basketball?

That guy is athletic and has good hands - and I've never seen him play.

https://247sports.com/Player/Nyland-Green-46079334/

6'3 180lbs 4-star CB from Covington GA, goes to 7A school Newton.

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball versatile athlete that plays WR, CB & Safety. Has very good WR hands & good speed, as a DB plays well at both CB & S, but I believe projects best at S. Had 17tcks 3INT's his Junior season.

Holds offer from Clemson, Auburn, Oregon, Michigan, Minnesota, Tenn, South Carolina, UCF, GTech, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky & Louisville

You get 4 stars for having 17 tackles and 3 picks these days?

You get 4 stars for having 17 tackles and 3 picks these days?
His stats are inconclusive, I'm sure he had more than that, that's just what's available.

And stars aren't based off stats, its based off camp performances, which teams are recruiting the player & if the scouting directors at 247 decide the prospect is worthy of a 4-star rating or not.

It's pure back room politics & completely arbitrary.

Advertisement
Advertisement
how much are we paying Taylor and Williams?
5 stars have a price and it may not be in the budget to pay 3

It's already been discussed that Taylor wants no money. No idea on Williams.

Covid (and poor recruiting) changed everything. Previously, the Gaytors weren't going to pay $250K for Marshall.

Then they did.

Advertisement
It's already been discussed that Taylor wants no money. No idea on Williams.

Covid (and poor recruiting) changed everything. Previously, the Gaytors weren't going to pay $250K for Marshall.

Then they did.
I frankly don’t care if recruits are paid so nothing I write is meant to be an indictment on UM.
but I just find it hard to believe that we successfully recruit the 5 stars who don’t want money and lose the 5 stars who want money. That narrative certainly sounds self serving and borderline naive. Again, this is not a moral judgment on the issue of paying people for their services but rather a sincere question of whether UM is truly more honest than other schools or do we, as UM fans, like to believe our school is more honest.

I frankly don’t care if recruits are paid so nothing I write is meant to be an indictment on UM.
but I just find it hard to believe that we successfully recruit the 5 stars who don’t want money and lose the 5 stars who want money. That narrative certainly sounds self serving and borderline naive. Again, this is not a moral judgment on the issue of paying people for their services but rather a sincere question of whether UM is truly more honest than other schools or do we, as UM fans, like to believe our school is more honest.

It's simply a load of crap that people try to convince themselves of so they can try and believe they are morally superior in some way.

That the school they love is so amazing and the recruit in question fell in love like they did (its so amazing, how could you want to be anywhere else?) while turning down not only money, but every school that wanted them.

All of this comes with something better though. A built in excuse for when others pick another school. I mean, there's no way, absolutely no way a recruit could visit us and then go somewhere else. We're a family, bestest city in the world, accepting of all differences, etc. Who wouldn't want to be a part.

The human psyche, always on display here. We're the good guys, everyone else is bad. Problem with that, there's another hundred plus schools saying that and we can't all be right.

Cut the crap. That nonsense you just wrote is your own spin on the issue.

These situations depend on the recruit. For recruits who do NOT care about being paid, we win some and we lose some, which is normal.

For kids who need to get paid, again, it depends on the situation. I have been told that on a recent recruiting win, we did SOMETHING (not as much as others, but enough to address the situation). As for the most recent loss, it was a situation that escalated quickly and to big dollars, we did not really have a chance to "match" (even if we wanted to at that moment).

You have oversimplified the situation. Nobody is saying that Miami is NEVER competitive, but you have to respect the reality that the SEC/Big 10/Big 12 bag games are more sophisticated and well-funded than ours. That's not "self-serving" or "naive". That's just how things are currently.

Advertisement
It's simply a load of crap that people try to convince themselves of so they can try and believe they are morally superior in some way.

That the school they love is so amazing and the recruit in question fell in love like they did (its so amazing, how could you want to be anywhere else?) while turning down not only money, but every school that wanted them.

All of this comes with something better though. A built in excuse for when others pick another school. I mean, there's no way, absolutely no way a recruit could visit us and then go somewhere else. We're a family, bestest city in the world, accepting of all differences, etc. Who wouldn't want to be a part.

The human psyche, always on display here. We're the good guys, everyone else is bad. Problem with that, there's another hundred plus schools saying that and we can't all be right.

It's not a load of crap. If you just open your ears, there are numerous posters on here who know the players who were paid (and how much). Nobody is casting this as a black-and-white binary choice between the Rebel Alliance and the Evil Empire.

Some recruits want the money and base their decisions on the money. That's a reality. Some schools pay more money and more players than others. That's a reality.

To try to obscure those realities simply because you think people are making excuses for recruiting losses is just childish. We have ABSOLUTELY lost recruits due to being outbid. That doesn't mean that we haven't won a few battles, and I won't go into any specifics.

It's neither. It's our compliance department. Given our history, they've shown they'll throw us under the bus even is there's a potential "optics" problem (and not necessarily a compliance issue).

I have not problem with them playing it safe but the sense I get is they jump the gun and assume you're guilty until proven innocent. That's even before doing an investigation. If you act as if you're guilty, that's how it's going to appear to the NCAA when they come sniffing.

Manny gotta find someway to add a mil or two to the budget so we can get recruits like Marshall and this kid.

Something can’t be right in Marshall’s head. Money be damned. You’d rather play for that clown *** coach in oversized pants and mouth kiss his crusty *** wife than play for a team with Ed ******* Reed roaming the sidelines?
Yes. I’d rather play for that clown *** coach who just had a corner go in the top 10 picks

Advertisement
Back