2021 CB Ja'Den McBurrows receives offer

Take Garcia, McBurrows, Portal CB, and a portal DE.

I still think Curtis is a CB. He can be the primary PR and KR also.

A longtime Florida high school “scout” I read saw Curtis at CB, and thinks he can be a really good CB.

I also heard Ivins(I know he isn’t a talent expert), but said he didn’t think Curtis looked like a natural WR, just more athletic and faster than high school players at this point. Like he said he can tell a big difference when looking at our current WR commits vs. Curtis at WR.

Advertisement
Not sure I read it the same way, but hope you are right:

While the senior remains firm on his pledge to Jim Harabaugh and the Wolverines, Miami is in contact and McBurrows is listening to the hometown program.

“We got a good relationship. Me and Miami, we got a good relationship,” the corner said. “You never know what can happen, but right now I’m locked in with Michigan.”

It’s been a group effort from UM’s side in the recruitment of the local defensive back.

“The whole defensive staff, they’re talking to me not just about football, but about life and how my family is doing, so they be on a good note most of the time,” McBurrows said. “It’s just coming down to Signing Day. I know they need people, so they’re just talking to me and see what happens.”

“They doing great right now. Defensive line looks good, [defensive back’s] look good,” McBurrows said. “They looking good.”

Michigan, on the other hand, are 2-5 on the season and are having an uncharacteristically poor season, but the senior understands that happens sometimes when there’s change within a program.

“I feel like everybody has a down year, you know? New quarterbacks, new o-line, so people make mistakes, but I feel like we gonna come back next year and get it together,” McBurrows said.
Jake Garcia was locked into USC like a month or two ago. And now he’s not.

Prioritize ones that are good at playing cb. The Mcburrows, Asante SamuelsJr and Kevin Knowles of the world. Not just chasing around longshots or kids that are obviously stringing you on
100%. I was asking rhetorically.

I think the two biggest issues are: 1) we don’t have a track record of first round corners, like our competitors; and 2) recruiting isn’t Rumph’s thing.
So basically what your saying D, is this is all on Rumph and I agree it is. Because he’s responsible for developing he’s guys and getting them drafted high in the league, which he’s failed at! He’s also responsible for recruiting the position he coaches and he’s also failed at that too! So where’s the breaking point here D, serious question? At this point in time in coaching circles were becoming a laughing stock with Rumph. It’s like the line in Office Space, “what would you say you actually do here Rumph?” Smh

Advertisement
So basically what your saying D, is this is all on Rumph and I agree it is. Because he’s responsible for developing he’s guys and getting them drafted high in the league, which he’s failed at! He’s also responsible for recruiting the position he coaches and he’s also failed at that too! So where’s the breaking point here D, serious question? At this point in time in coaching circles were becoming a laughing stock with Rumph. It’s like the line in Office Space, “what would you say you actually do here Rumph?” Smh
but I was told by others its not rumph

two things have to happen this spring -- fire the DC after ESD and fire Rumph now bc he has no recruits signing early anyways

Advertisement
See GIF

Attachments

• 31E7FACF-3850-4205-8942-18642DB096F3.gif
    31E7FACF-3850-4205-8942-18642DB096F3.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
They have been one of our pipeline teams going on decades. Not sure why folks always act like we get nothing at sta.

Every class we can get a kid out of there if we want.
Bc Battle is at Bama. We haven’t gotten nobody top notch outta STA since when?

Advertisement
To be fair, there have been a lot more than that. I think it is because most of the big fish, high 4 to 5 star guys, out of there go elsewhere.

We got Avery Huff 2 classes ago. (Though he really is a Mcarthur kid) and Restrepo technically last class (but he left sta in order to early enroll).
We do alright at STA when we target a kid. Now we havent got their ELITE of Elite as of late but most of those stories are unique with their high elite kids.

Advertisement
We got Avery Huff 2 classes ago. (Though he really is a Mcarthur kid) and Restrepo technically last class (but he left sta in order to early enroll).
We do alright at STA when we target a kid. Now we havent got their ELITE of Elite as of late but most of those stories are unique with their high elite kids.
Man that’s excuses. Huff can’t sniff the field. We don’t get no big timer out of STA. We got Dorsett but we wanted Greene. None of their big dawgs come here. The two LBs last year, the DL, the WRs, nobody comes to Miami from there that everybody wants.

Man that’s excuses. Huff can’t sniff the field. We don’t get no big timer out of STA. We got Dorsett but we wanted Greene. None of their big dawgs come here. The two LBs last year, the DL, the WRs, nobody comes to Miami from there that everybody wants.
Huff was a 4 star. With FSU , PSU, Tenn offers. Dorsett is an NFL wr im not sure whats the we wanted Greene stuff supposed to mean? We got Dorsett he wasnt a consilation prize. lol Also Greene was from South Georgia near FSU. Not a real florida kid at all. We dropped a lb last year. Or he had some family issues and went to Michigan.
We havent got their elite of the elites...but when you suck your not getting the elite of the elite from Coral Springs High let alone one of the best programs in the nation.

They are a pipeline school as through the years for decades we have recruited there and landed guys. Its a Um friendly school for the most part and some of their best players ever have been canes.

Huff was a 4 star. With FSU , PSU, Tenn offers. Dorsett is an NFL wr im not sure whats the we wanted Greene stuff supposed to mean? We got Dorsett he wasnt a consilation prize. lol Also Greene was from South Georgia near FSU. Not a real florida kid at all. We dropped a lb last year. Or he had some family issues and went to Michigan.
We havent got their elite of the elites...but when you suck your not getting the elite of the elite from Coral Springs High let alone one of the best programs in the nation.

They are a pipeline school as through the years for decades we have recruited there and landed guys. Its a Um friendly school for the most part and some of their best players ever have been canes.
We suck but The West best still come. That’s a real pipeline. STA is just a school we’ve done ok in.

Advertisement
Back