2021 CB Darian "Duce" Chestnut

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

(Sophomore tape)

(Mid-season Junior tape)

https://247sports.com/Player/Duce-Chestnut-46056843/

5'11 185lbs 4-star CB out of Camden NJ, same school as Tirek Austin-Cave.

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball. Had 52tcks 4INT's 3PBU's 1FR & 4 PR TD's his Sophomore year & currently has 18tcks 2INT's & 10PBU's through 5 games his Junior season.

He's a dynamic playmaker, he plays a lot on Offense as a Slot Back & is their main Punt Returner.

As a CB he has good physical technique as a press man corner, isn't really fluid in his backpedal but has good footwork to keep WR's in front of him. His testing numbers don't really match his tape imo, at the opening back in April he had a 4.85 40 & 4.43 shuttle, but if you look at his tape particularly on Offense he looks like he's actually got some quickness, but just not pure straight line speed.

Holds offers from NC St, Baylor, West Va, Maryland, Temple & Rutgers

Advertisement
Any relations to Terrell Chestnut. 4* corner from the philly area a couple years ago that ended up at WVU?

Advertisement
Believe I read he and Alijah are both in the 10.8 100m range. Was going to post these guys on the off-season, you beat me to it. I hope Miami gets in the game with these guys. Corey Palmer too.

Advertisement

(Sophomore tape)

(Mid-season Junior tape)

https://247sports.com/Player/Duce-Chestnut-46056843/

5'11 185lbs 4-star CB out of Camden NJ, same school as Tirek Austin-Cave.

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball. Had 52tcks 4INT's 3PBU's 1FR & 4 PR TD's his Sophomore year & currently has 18tcks 2INT's & 10PBU's through 5 games his Junior season.

He's a dynamic playmaker, he plays a lot on Offense as a Slot Back & is their main Punt Returner.

As a CB he has good physical technique as a press man corner, isn't really fluid in his backpedal but has good footwork to keep WR's in front of him. His testing numbers don't really match his tape imo, at the opening back in April he had a 4.85 40 & 4.43 shuttle, but if you look at his tape particularly on Offense he looks like he's actually got some quickness, but just not pure straight line speed.

Holds offers from NC St, Baylor, West Va, Maryland, Temple & Rutgers

I would definitely like to see this guy at the U. Northeast guys and combination of Cali, Texas and Louisiana talent is what made the U.

Duce Chestnut? He's a take. Even if get sucks, we can say "yo, we got Duce Chestnut!" the next time you have that "best names" debate at the water cooler. That's gotta be worth the scholarship.
No name in college football has ever surpassed Barry *****....and he's all ours. UM RB in the early '60's.

Advertisement
Believe I read he and Alijah are both in the 10.8 100m range. Was going to post these guys on the off-season, you beat me to it. I hope Miami gets in the game with these guys. Corey Palmer too.

Palmer has an offer and he is at IMG this year. Problem is Florida is so deep at WR next year that he would need to blow up to have a chance to being a Hurricane.

Advertisement
Georgia has been quietly killing it in the Philly area for years, should be an easy place for us to get kids. Penn St has no real pull there. Should always be a big spot for us.

Ive been saying this for a long time.

Miami should have some presence in every Large Metro area in this country.

Advertisement
Back