2021 ATH Jaden Alexis Offered

Advertisement
I said it plenty of times, and no it's not because I'm from Broward. Alexis is the best WR in South Florida. Don't look at stars cut on the film, and you'll see that. What make it even worse? He plays for a sorry Broward team. If he played for Deerfield Beach or STA this wouldn't be a debate. He can turn 10yards to 75yard TDs. That's South Florida Football.

Youngin gave him a 10 yard cushion and still got burnt.

Idk what it is, but his lower body is built like a RB while his upper body has the length for WR. It's like an overpowered madden create a player, the only thing he's lacking is his overall height but that's not too much of an issue. His legs legit look like Sonic when he's going full steam.

I said it plenty of times, and no it's not because I'm from Broward. Alexis is the best WR in South Florida. Don't look at stars cut on the film, and you'll see that. What make it even worse? He plays for a sorry Broward team. If he played for Deerfield Beach or STA this wouldn't be a debate. He can turn 10yards to 75yard TDs. That's South Florida Football.
According to a dude that actually trains receivers down here, that title belongs to Jacolby George

Advertisement
Idk what it is, but his lower body is built like a RB while his upper body has the length for WR. It's like an overpowered madden create a player, the only thing he's lacking is his overall height but that's not too much of an issue. His legs legit look like Sonic when he's going full steam.
Basically a faster deebo samuel

Nah. I don’t think you’re going to sell anyone on that. We can clearly see that he’s fast, but he isn’t that elite to be the best WR in south Florida. Not even close. He looks soft. On the college level he’s going to get bump to death. His route running alone is reason I’d say he’s not the best in south Florida. Have you seen Bralon Brown play? Even he’s better than Alexis. I’m not saying Alexis is trash, but he’s no one for Miami to lose sleep over if he commits somewhere else. I just like his speed. Which I’m not even sure if it will translate to the field on the next level.

Nah. I don’t think you’re going to sell anyone on that. We can clearly see that he’s fast, but he isn’t that elite to be the best WR in south Florida. Not even close. He looks soft. On the college level he’s going to get bump to death. His route running alone is reason I’d say he’s not the best in south Florida. Have you seen Bralon Brown play? Even he’s better than Alexis. I’m not saying Alexis is trash, but he’s no one for Miami to lose sleep over if he commits somewhere else. I just like his speed. Which I’m not even sure if it will translate to the field on the next level.

Bralon Brown??? You good???

Advertisement
Obviously there's a lot to like about Alexis, but there's an intangible that's overlooked or not talked about. He'll be as ready or ahead of most on what to expect when he gets here since his father played in college. Mentally and physically, he's going to be ready from the word go. His maturity during this process shows and I believe you can attribute that to his dad.

If he wants to come, there is zero chance he doesn't have a scholarship waiting.

This is a really good point.

The 2022 class at WR in South FL is weaker than usual crop, depending on how many WR's we want in that class I suspect we'll be going OOS to TX at WR next year or going after kids up north like Kareem Burke from Jacksonville or Speedster Erriyon Knighton from Tampa.

There's also Jalil Tucker from San Diego he went to Lincoln & his former teammates with Keyshawn Smith, he has us in his early top 3 but he may actually be being recruited as a DB though.

Syveion Ellis is a big WR at Edison (originally from Georgia) he has real interest in us, but I think his upside is best at TE rather than being a full time WR. Zaylan Reese at MNW is a good WR as well & could be a kid we offer for the 22 class.

But in comparison to the 21 class South FL's 22 WR group just doesn't stack up. Texas & Louisiana is deep AF at WR for 22. South FL is deep at DE, Safety, LB & has good group of RB's too.

If Alexis comes, do you think it would make sense to only take 1-2 receivers next year

I just don’t see it. We’re running low on spots and I don’t think he’s the kind of guy who’s going to commit soon.

If Alexis comes, do you think it would make sense to only take 1-2 receivers next year
Not speaking for El. But 22 in sofla doesn’t look as good as this year for receivers. If our offense balls we might be sitting pretty well for oos dudes.
The undivided attention after this season has to be full court press for Brandon Innis from U school in Broward class of 23 unless he can reclassify.

Advertisement
Alexis has Desean Jackson type world class speed & elite change of direction, he can cut on dime & runs smooth routes.

Brooks oddly enough doesn't really fit the profile of the typical South FL WR that Bama usually gets, he doesn't have Cooper, Ridley or Jeudy's speed, he's a big more physical possession WR type but has great hands & YAC ability.

Alexis in Lashlee's offense with Brashard, Romello & Jacolby George with the TE's is an insanely dangerous group that can score from anywhere on the field. That's the Chiefs offense right there.

El, I don't think he's Desean Jackson, but he does remind me a lot of Willie Reid. He used to play for FSU in the mid 2000's. I feel like I'm watching a carbon copy. The 2nd highlight starts at 17:48..

I don’t understand how people claim to follow recruiting, follow college football programs, be from SFL etc and think there’s a snowball’s chance in **** that a staff is gonna put all this work into a class, specifically at one school like the west and at the 11th hour drop a kid (in the middle of a pandemic where he can’t even visit other schools) when you’ve recruited the **** out of him and just as importantly ALL HIS BOYS for literally years. People really think the world is XBox, it’s so strange to me. Yes, it’s a business. But good lord have an ounce of perspective.
So you mean life isn't a video game???

I'm disappointed 😞

Advertisement
I prefer this kid to Brooks but I would be very happy with either obviously. AR was the closest thing we've had to a number one receiver in years and the scheme did him no favours.

It'll be interesting to see how recruiting elite WR's changes now that we finally have an offence that'll produce multiple 1k yard wideouts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back