2021 4-star OT McLaughlin Discusses Miami Commitment

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Miami picked up a commitment from 2021 Stoneman Douglas (FL) 4-star offensive tackle Michael McLaughlin following their first spring practice on Monday morning. For McLaughlin, this was a long time coming, and he gave his pledge to UM over other offers from Florida State, UVA, Ole Miss, and Louisville, among others.

“It was great, definitely the right decision.” McLaughlin continued, “Miami has been my favorite through the entire process and I just had my mind made up. No reason to wait any longer. Miami has been there for me since day one and it was just the right move for me.”

McLaughlin committed while on campus watching spring practice today, which meant he got to share the moment with some of the coaches and his future teammates.

“Everyone was super excited, coaches ran up to hug me and I had players jumping on me.”

McLaughlin’s parents did not sway him one way or the other, but they were clear on what the benefits to going to Miami were.

“They’ve been super supportive of whatever decision I made, but they’re thrilled I chose to stay home in Miami.”

Over the offseason, Miami brought in Rhett Lashlee to be the new offensive coordinator, and Lashlee runs a system that McLaughlin feels he can succeed in.

“I love the new fast-paced offense and I think it’s something that I will really thrive in.”

Miami also brought in a new offensive line coach in Garin Justice. McLaughlin has not known him for very long, but coach Justice seems to have made a good first impression.

“I’m still getting to know him but he is a very technical coach, and I think that is something that can really take my game to the next level.”

What kind of player is Miami getting in McLaughlin?

“Someone you can count on to finish every single play.”

The 6'7" 255 pound tackle prospect does not expect much from his freshman season other than working hard and improving at a position he's spent less than a year playing to this point.

“I expect to come in and just grind and develop into a great player.”

As for the future of his recruitment, McLaughlin says that the process is over for him and he won't be taking other visits.

“My recruitment is shut down. I’m completely bought into the program and won’t be looking at other options.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
1583201784161.gif

Advertisement
As for the future of his recruitment, McLaughlin says that the process is over for him and he won't be taking other visits.

“My recruitment is shut down. I’m completely bought into the program and won’t be looking at other options.”

Unicorn.

Advertisement
YUGE red flag with this kid in shutting down his recruitment and having no desire to take any addl visits.

How DARE he disrespek all the other young men that just wanna enjoy their recruitment, lead every fanbase on as they take the max amount of visits while incessantly engaging in social media games all the way up to they disrespek whatever schools got outbid on NSD as they toss hats on the ground and punk every corch they lied about "vibin'" with and built "bonds" with?

I'd tell this kid that our offer isn't actually a commitable one until he issues a final 5 schools and leaves us out.

Advertisement
Back