2020 Vangard WR Leonard Manuel talks Canes

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
2020 Vanguard WR Leonard Manuel made the trip down to Miami Sunday to compete at the Nike Regional Opening, but before that, he visited the University of Miami with his teammate 2020 OL Miller Lewis.

“I loved everything about it,” Manuel said. “The players, the coaches, everyone was so welcoming, they were treating us like we were going to enroll in four months, so I loved it.”

Manuel is one of the most sought after recruits in the 2020 class, with offers from Georgia, Louisville, Auburn and others, but what schools are recruiting him the hardest?

“Miami and Florida right now,” Manuel said.

Leonard says Miami has been his “dream school” since he was five years old.

“They treat you like family,” Manuel said. “They treat you like you’re one of there own. I love everything about Miami, the coaches are great and it’s an upcoming program that’s going to be nasty in a few years.”

Florida is another team recruiting Manuel very hard and TE Coach Greg Nord has played a big part in that.

“They show a lot of love especially to receivers, Coach Greg Nord is a great guy.”

Manuel attends Vangard HS the school that 2017 Miami QB signee Nkosi Perry attends -- is he recruiting Manuel hard to Miami?

“He said that we fit in with Miami, and that it’s a great place to be, plus he’s never said anything wrong about Miami.”

Miami has one commitment in the 2020 class in Avantae Williams and Manuel and Williams have a very close relationship.

“That’s my boy,” Manuel said. “We were talking yesterday at Miami and he wants me and Miller to join him at Miami, so it’s definitely something in our interest.”

Advertisement
Florida is going to fire that staff in a year or two so I like our chances.

Advertisement

Hmmm would actually a be a a bad thing they might hire a monster to replace the goof mctoof
Exactly! I hope they win 8 a year forever. They want to fire the staff, but they won't lose enough. Hahahaha I will always be grateful to Clemson for forcing golden out. There's no Georgia southern in UF's future hopefully.

It's a good feeling to know that now, this really means something.

It's a good feeling to know that now, this really means something.

I love how that phrase has become positive in this regime. That was the kiss of death 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

hope they do ok well enough to stay.....im cool with them limping to the sec title game and getting blasted by bama yearly. keep that al golden clone there

Advertisement
Back