2020 South Florida High School Football Discussion Thread

I’m a little surprised MNW didn’t keep it competitive longer. Not sure why public schools offer to play IMG.

think they get paid to. They love playing the dade schools yearly as well. Its not a real good matchup in most cases. Dont think thats a good matchup for MNW...they have handled them a few times.

Advertisement
I’m a little surprised MNW didn’t keep it competitive longer. Not sure why public schools offer to play IMG.
With better coaching they'd put up a better fight. I guarantee they just played 5-2 defense, Cover-1 and Cover-0 the entire game, like they do versus everybody. I saw some of the highlights and that's what it looked like. That junkyard ball don't work against a team like IMG. Just like it didn't work against Lowndes, that team in Vegas that blew them out or anybody else who has a decent offensive staff. You can't play a "cat ball" with a team that has better cats. You're not even giving your team a chance at that point.
They have enough talent to put up a better fight than 49-19.

Advertisement
With better coaching they'd put up a better fight. I guarantee they just played 5-2 defense, Cover-1 and Cover-0 the entire game, like they do versus everybody. I saw some of the highlights and that's what it looked like. That junkyard ball don't work against a team like IMG. Just like it didn't work against Lowndes, that team in Vegas that blew them out or anybody else who has a decent offensive staff. You can't play a "cat ball" with a team that has better cats. You're not even giving your team a chance at that point.
They have enough talent to put up a better fight than 49-19.

i swear when you play mnw on defense that is ALL you gonna get. lol They dare your *** to stop it. It works predominantly in dade..but with a team with more horses and coaching they give them issues. Especially i fthey can slow them down offensively

For whatever reason :

Lakeland vs St Thomas state game is on Fox Sports currently;

Playing are the Pouncey Twins, Chris Rainey, Leonard Hankerson

Last edited:
i swear when you play mnw on defense that is ALL you gonna get. lol They dare your *** to stop it. It works predominantly in dade..but with a team with more horses and coaching they give them issues. Especially i fthey can slow them down offensively
I mean...
They're winning state titles so why would they change their approach? I watched them play Cover-1 and Cover-0 the entire state championship game versus Orlando Jones.

Advertisement
I mean...
They're winning state titles so why would they change their approach? I watched them play Cover-1 and Cover-0 the entire state championship game versus Orlando Jones.
Their head coach has ran that same thing for YEARS. He aint changing that sh*t lol

I aint saying they should change it...im just saying when facing national teams..its a different look. Dont think they care all to much as their main goal is beating Central and winning state

Their head coach has ran that same thing for YEARS. He aint changing that sh*t lol

I aint saying they should change it...im just saying when facing national teams..its a different look. Dont think they care all to much as their main goal is beating Central and winning state
Agree.

Advertisement
Advertisement

They’ve been running that same defense since before Rolle got there.

I will be at the Mecca again this Saturday 🙌🏿

Miami Palmetto plays Dr. Phillips in an 8A battle at the historic Traz Powell Stadium! Game kicks off at 6, you know I've got a game thread coming!

Advertisement
Back