2020 Safety to keep an eye on...

Advertisement
We talked about him over the winter on here. And I said he looks like he could play a few different positions, I think he's a beast on tape. Was wondering how he was progressing

A Coach do you know why we haven't offered O'Brien yet?

And if we did how interested would he be in us?

Advertisement
We'll find out this spring.

That is one of the more important things when an offensive player moves to defense in my eyes. Does he have a killer skill set to knock your block off? Can he effortlessly move sideline to sideline? Does he understand the concept of angles? Can he read the guards to diagnose the offensive play?

A Coach do you know why we haven't offered O'Brien yet?

And if we did how interested would he be in us?

Not sure. Personally I'd like to see more from him to warrant his current offers. Freelancing and consistency are some current issues, and I'm still curious about his speed. He needs a lot of development IMO but he's receptive and we're working on it. I like the kid a lot.

We talked about him over the winter on here. And I said he looks like he could play a few different positions, I think he's a beast on tape. Was wondering how he was progressing

He's transitioning very well to Safety right now. Awesome, coachable kid.

I'm just getting to know him and his ability, trying to figure out what he can and can't do. He'll be asked to do a plethora of things this year. Roll down in the box, blitz off the edge, play over the top, etc. So we'll see how it goes. He should put together some decent/versatile tape.

Advertisement
I was on the sidelines for the scrimmage at Traz and while recruits like Flowe and Lewis were all having a goodtime with Miami commits, Knighton just stayed away and didnt really seem like he wanted to be there. That Deerfield to Miami pipeline seems to be clogged again coach.

Btw hope knighton get better asap.

Last edited:
I was on the sidelines for the scrimmage at Traz and while recruits like Flowe and Lewis were all having a goodtime with Miami commits, Knighton just stayed away and didnt really seem like he wanted to be there. That Deerfield to Miami pipeline seems to be clogged again coach.

Btw hope knighton get better asap.

You are literally the only person to say that. By all accounts including reporters, Knighton was heavily in the mix

You are literally the only person to say that. By all accounts including reporters, Knighton was heavily in the mix
I can only say what i saw. Not trying to stir the pot just providing info. Also ALL reporter provide the same info on recruit visits. They always go well.

Advertisement
4-star athlete Aydin "Alex" Henningham. Physically looks about as good as a HS Safety prospect can look. A long/lean 6'1" 200lbs.
Left Deerfield after his 10th grade year so he could play WR at Park Vista High School. After several suggestions from college coaches, is now moving back to the defensive side of the ball at Deerfield Beach. Has offers from South Carolina, NC State, Maryland, etc...including interest from LSU. The big-time schools see him as a Safety prospect.

https://247sports.com/Player/Aydin-Henningham-46037227/

http://www.hudl.com/profile/8146367/Aydin-Alex-Henningham

Doesn’t Deerfield hate UM? Just f’ing with you Coach. Don’t get the jimmys get rustled. Kid looks legit.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Honestly I wasn't even aware that we were recruiting him.

Who are we recruiting at slot WR?
McDougle is a South Carolina lean according to the insiders on 247.

Macho I’m sure you’d be able to verify this.

McDougle is a South Carolina lean according to the insiders on 247.

Macho I’m sure you’d be able to verify this.

I honestly don't know. I haven't spoken to him about his recruitment. I see him with UF clothes on sometimes, but that doesn't really mean much.

Advertisement
Back