2020 Safety to keep an eye on...

That's a shame if we aren't going after him I think he is elite. Fleming is committed(can play outside even though smaller) and then we are recruiting mookie cooper.

He's definitely elite. I don't get the sense that Miami is going after him though.
They don't seem to be going after Bryce Gowdy either.

Advertisement
He's definitely elite. I don't get the sense that Miami is going after him though.
They don't seem to be going after Bryce Gowdy either.
Thanks. I like gowdy too but mcdougles control is what impresses me the way he can accelerate and then slow down so smoothly is ridiculous. You guys at Deerfield do a good job with your players

Thanks. I like gowdy too but mcdougles control is what impresses me the way he can accelerate and then slow down so smoothly is ridiculous. You guys at Deerfield do a good job with your players

The kids work their a$$es off. A lot of it has to do with them.

Advertisement
He's transitioning very well to Safety right now. Awesome, coachable kid.

I'm just getting to know him and his ability, trying to figure out what he can and can't do. He'll be asked to do a plethora of things this year. Roll down in the box, blitz off the edge, play over the top, etc. So we'll see how it goes. He should put together some decent/versatile tape.
Who has the most upside in your opinion at the safety spot him or Restrepo?

Last edited:
The kids work their a$$es off. A lot of it has to do with them.
I remember the first time seeing you guys play was against my school southridge when you guys had Juedy. That was a crazy game. You guys were on point and I was like these kids are focused

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because in my opinion we don't deserve it yet. A high-ranking will be based off of offseason acquisitions most likely. But the truth is, we have to show up in big games and out-coach people. That's when we'll take the next step. Doesn't matter how many studs you get in free agency if you can't do that at the end of the day.

Advertisement
Coach..I know the natives have to be getting restless..if Coach Fife doesn’t win the title with this squad what do you think the pulse will be?
I don't think anybody is more restless than Phife himself. I don't know what the general consensus is around the community, but I know the school is happy with how many kids he gets into school. That's a very important thing, and he works his butt off to get those kids exposure. He drove a handful of them up to University of Maryland today, as a matter of fact.

We basically have a whole new defense, but if we can gel on that side of the ball then there's no excuse not to win a title. The whole offense comes back and it's filled with D1 athletes. We just have to coach it up, that's all. That's on us.

Advertisement
Back