2020 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
So you know what was going on those two games then?

Yes, he was facing two of the better teams on Ridge's schedule. A.S. purposely played a weaker schedule because he was planning on having a young team that didn't include Munroe. So Munroe got to pitch against a lot of bad teams. When he pitched against a good team, he was an above average high school pitcher.

Don't take offense. I hope he's better in 2020.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No blame, you would have had to been there to understand. Just funny that so far Munroe has gone from "Blah" to "Above Average". So what did Gino and JD see in him that prompted them to make him an offer? What is your professional opinion on that? Heck there were many LHPs other than him to choose from?

No blame, you would have had to been there to understand. Just funny that so far Munroe has gone from "Blah" to "Above Average". So what did Gino and JD see in him that prompted them to make him an offer? What is your professional opinion on that? Heck there were many LHPs other than him to choose from?

A lefty who has approached 90 gets a lot of attention. But make no mistake, I’m not sold on DiMare’s ability to spot a baseball player as opposed to spotting talent. And there is a big difference.

When I saw Munroe, it didn’t scream “elite”. His change up delivery needs work. His fastball command was so-so.

FYI, when it comes to being able to pitch at the highest levels of college baseball, “blah” and “above average” in high school are one and the same.

Tapping into your professional experience again if I may....when a 1st round draft pick pitcher who doninated his high school and travel ball games falls apart in the minor league level....where in that scouting process did they miss the boat?

Tapping into your professional experience again if I may....when a 1st round draft pick pitcher who doninated his high school and travel ball games falls apart in the minor league level....where in that scouting process did they miss the boat?

That's usually a make-up issue, which is extremely difficult to gauge until the lights come on. Often you have the kid whose dad was at every game in high school, and now the kid is playing in Ohio on a single-A team with a bunch of guys who don't speak English, and the first pitch he sees in a game is the fastest pitch he's ever seen, and his girlfriend can't come up until August. There is a LOT of adversity in the minor leagues and it is the great separator.

This is why the major league sports, over time, have relied more and more on personality tests and interviews, so they can try to catch the head case before they draft him.

Advertisement
Several times, but the Osceola and Lake Wales games weren't encouraging. He won't get to face Haines City and Lake Gibson in the ACC.

What year did you watch him? Because you made this claim six months ago, which I found amusing because he was injured and didnt even pitch that season. He had a 1.35 ERA with 102 K in 56 IP this year. Only a troll would claim that's an "ordinary HS pitcher". And his stat line vs Osceola: 6IP, 4H, 0ER, 10K. "not encouraging" lol.

Also, your obsession with Munroe is strange. He has a battle just to make the final roster, as Palmquist and Carmona are two lefties he's competing against for probably 2 spots. If Munroe makes the team, it's because he was impressive in comparison to other talented freshman pitchers.

You really are resorting to grasping at straws. Now let's see you try to bash Eskew, McFarlane, Thomas, Palmquist, Carmona, Diaz, and Garland.

You can blame whoever, but I get paid to evaluate the player, and have to know what I'm looking for no matter what else is happening.

Wait, now you're claiming to be a scout? hahahahahaha

@canesproponent thoughts on Gator Gnome the scout? He says he gets paid to evaluate baseball players. Must be true, right? Gator Gnome would never make things up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What year did you watch him? Because you made this claim six months ago, which I found amusing because he was injured and didnt even pitch that season. He had a 1.35 ERA with 102 K in 56 IP this year. Only a troll would claim that's an "ordinary HS pitcher". And his stat line vs Osceola: 6IP, 4H, 0ER, 10K. "not encouraging" lol.

Also, your obsession with Munroe is strange. He has a battle just to make the final roster, as Palmquist and Carmona are two lefties he's competing against for probably 2 spots. If Munroe makes the team, it's because he was impressive in comparison to other talented freshman pitchers.

You really are resorting to grasping at straws. Now let's see you try to bash Eskew, McFarlane, Thomas, Palmquist, Carmona, Diaz, and Garland.

Munroe pitched the entire spring season. Six months ago there weren’t any high school games going on. And he pitched more than once against Osceola. If you’re going to argue, get with the program and know your facts.

FYI...Munroe was never injured. He chose not to play his Shopmore and Junior year in high school (his high school coach A.S. can verifty). He just played for his National Team and trained at Florida Baseball Ranch all year long (can verify this with Randy Sullivan owner of FBR). Miami was aware of this and were supportive as they know how FBR develops pitchers.

I saw that kid at FBR 4-5 days a week...he is legit.

As Jaromir said, Ridge had a very young team...not much better than a typicall Freshman team. As Jaromir further said, Ridge had a week scheudle and was still overmatched in many of their games as they struggled with routine ground balls, pop-ups, hitting, as well as baseball IQ. What would have happend if Munroe was with a seasoned team? Or even if he just had an experienced catcher that knew how to frame or call pitches? Despite all this he was named player of the year for his district and made first team for the county as a pitcher. Came in #2 for picther of the year.

Jaromir, did you watch the play off game against Timber Creek? You know the one where Timber Creek, who prepared all week by taking their hitters to left hand pitching machines / pitchers for BP, and could only bunt to eek out a run to barely get by Ridge (Overall 10-17...with a weak schedule) with Munroe pitching? If I remember correctly, Timber Creek went on to the state championship?

As far as the Lake Wales and the second Osceloa game (not the Osceloa game Munroe where destroyed them), you would have had to been there to see what was going on. Even the proscout were shaking their heads and laughing at the situation...

Last edited:
Correct about the Ranch. That's why I said that A.S. didn't know Munroe was even going to be on the team. He chose not to play high school ball the previous two years.

No, was the Timber Creek game in the first round? I was on the east coast that night.

Advertisement
Back