2020 RB Marvin Scott Offered

Runs with good balance & vision, was productive vs 8A comp, same district as Lingard in HS. Looks to be more of a downhill back, not crazy speed but can get the job done with carries over time.

I'm still taking Parrish over him as the 2nd option, to me he's a take if we miss on Parris or Holmes.

Advertisement
Woah. That’s a good late find. I’d take him over parish I think. And I’m someone who’s higher on parish than most

Advertisement
"Ay coach, I see you got a stud RB that runs a 4.4 but how's his blocking?" - said no scout ever

Coach Macho Man Randy Savage or Hector Camacho-I think you're misconstruing what I was saying. I didn't mean to imply that blocking was more important than running ability. Obviously that is one of the fundamental differences between RB & FB. I was however saying that the disparity in speed between Scott and Knighton is minimal compared to the differences between them when it comes to the other aspects of playing the RB position. I also disagree that scouts could care less about a RB's blocking ability when it comes to recruiting. What type of RBs do Alabama & Clemson recruit? Not only that..when it comes to the greatest RBs in MIA program history, they were not only fast, but also complete football players. We can go down the line...Highsmith/Bratton, James, JJ, Portis, Gore, McGahee, Miller. All of these players could stay on the field for 3 downs, and not have to get subbed in passing situations. I agree because of pace & space, speed in todays game is viewed as a premium. However passing also plays an integral role in today's game, and because of this, it requires players to have skillsets that are varied and broad. RBs not only have to possess speed & running ability, they also have to be excellent in pass pro, run routes, and catch the football. This is one of the reasons why many regard Marshall Faulk to be the greatest RB of all time. He may not be the best at any one particular thing, but overall he has very few deficiencies in his game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Coach Macho Man Randy Savage or Hector Camacho-I think you're misconstruing what I was saying. I didn't mean to imply that blocking was more important than running ability. Obviously that is one of the fundamental differences between RB & FB. I was however saying that the disparity in speed between Scott and Knighton is minimal compared to the differences between them when it comes to the other aspects of playing the RB position. I also disagree that scouts could care less about a RB's blocking ability when it comes to recruiting. What type of RBs do Alabama & Clemson recruit? Not only that..when it comes to the greatest RBs in MIA program history, they were not only fast, but also complete football players. We can go down the line...Highsmith/Bratton, James, JJ, Portis, Gore, McGahee, Miller. All of these players could stay on the field for 3 downs, and not have to get subbed in passing situations. I agree because of pace & space, speed in todays game is viewed as a premium. However passing also plays an integral role in today's game, and because of this, it requires players to have skillsets that are varied and broad. RBs not only have to possess speed & running ability, they also have to be excellent in pass pro, run routes, and catch the football. This is one of the reasons why many regard Marshall Faulk to be the greatest RB of all time. He may not be the best at any one particular thing, but overall he has very few deficiencies in his game.

Shut your mouth, Barry Sanders and Jim Brown would like a word. Marshall was excellent but Barry Sanders could scare the devil himself if he were a Defensive Coordinator. An as for Jim Brown he would just knock him the F-out, he was a bad man in his day.

Go Canes

Marshall ran a 4.3 and ate cookie dough ice cream every day. He's a complete freak of nature. He would be even better if he was able to play in today's game. His performance against UM was the best I've ever seen from any RB EVER. He did that at freaking San Diego State mind you.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Marshall ran a 4.3 and ate cookie dough ice cream every day. He's a complete freak of nature. He would be even better if he was able to play in today's game. His performance against UM was the best I've ever seen from any RB EVER. He did that at freaking San Diego State mind you.
He used to line up twice a year against the Carolina Panthers when we shared a division with the Rams.

Still gives me nightmare.

Very interesting offer. I wonder if the staff would accept his commitment right now. I'm 99.9% sure that answer is "no".

But I guess he's offer worthy, so if you strike out with Knighton and Parrish you can turn up the heat on this kid if you'd like.

Advertisement
Back