2020 RB Marvin Scott Offered

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because the Mark Richt is no longer head corch.
Very interesting offer. I wonder if the staff would accept his commitment right now. I'm 99.9% sure that answer is "no".

But I guess he's offer worthy, so if you strike out with Knighton and Parrish you can turn up the heat on this kid if you'd like.
This kid will end up being ranked higher than Parrish. Mark my words. He’s better.

Coach Macho Man Randy Savage or Hector Camacho-I think you're misconstruing what I was saying. I didn't mean to imply that blocking was more important than running ability. Obviously that is one of the fundamental differences between RB & FB. I was however saying that the disparity in speed between Scott and Knighton is minimal compared to the differences between them when it comes to the other aspects of playing the RB position. I also disagree that scouts could care less about a RB's blocking ability when it comes to recruiting. What type of RBs do Alabama & Clemson recruit? Not only that..when it comes to the greatest RBs in MIA program history, they were not only fast, but also complete football players. We can go down the line...Highsmith/Bratton, James, JJ, Portis, Gore, McGahee, Miller. All of these players could stay on the field for 3 downs, and not have to get subbed in passing situations. I agree because of pace & space, speed in todays game is viewed as a premium. However passing also plays an integral role in today's game, and because of this, it requires players to have skillsets that are varied and broad. RBs not only have to possess speed & running ability, they also have to be excellent in pass pro, run routes, and catch the football. This is one of the reasons why many regard Marshall Faulk to be the greatest RB of all time. He may not be the best at any one particular thing, but overall he has very few deficiencies in his game.

What you were implying is that an extra 10-12 pounds is going to make a certain RB better at pass-pro...which is silly. Pass-pro is "want to" and cannot be measured in pounds. A 205lb kid is not gonna be definitively better at pass-pro than a 190lb kid. And even if the heavier kid was slightly better than the explosive kid, no coach in his right mind is going to trade weekly 70-yard touchdowns for a little better pass-pro.

What's with everybody on this recruiting board acting like they're Mel Kiper? The actual college coaches who recruit these kids don't even dissect them like y'all do on here.

"Any combine numbers on the kid?"
"What's his vertical?"
"How does he measure flaccid?"

What you were implying is that an extra 10-12 pounds is going to make a certain RB better at pass-pro...which is silly. Pass-pro is "want to" and cannot be measured in pounds. A 205lb kid is not gonna be definitively better at pass-pro than a 190lb kid. And even if the heavier kid was slightly better than the explosive kid, no coach in his right mind is going to trade weekly 70-yard touchdowns for a little better pass-pro.

What's with everybody on this recruiting board acting like they're Mel Kiper? The actual college coaches who recruit these kids don't even dissect them like y'all do on here.

"What's his vertical?"
You make it sound hard.

Advertisement
Advertisement

"What's his vertical?"

If it didn't make a huge difference, then Duke Johnson right now in the NFL wouldn't be relegated to simply being a 3rd down back. I don't think any knowledgable MIA fan would ever accuse him of not possessing "want-to" or being a team 1st guy. Also..you're making it seem like it's a binary choice between pass-pro or home run ability. Scott also possesses home run ability, maybe not to the degree of Knighton, but he more than makes up that difference when taking into account other aspects of playing the position. Finally..not once have I ever mentioned anything even remotely close to combine ratings or recruiting rankings in any of my posts when evaluating a player. Ironically..those are the same questions I typically pose to all of the star whores on this forum. Speaking of which..wouldn't you classify yourself as being one of those individuals?

If it didn't make a huge difference, then Duke Johnson right now in the NFL wouldn't be relegated to simply being a 3rd down back. I don't think any knowledgable MIA fan would ever accuse him of not possessing "want-to" or being a team 1st guy. Also..you're making it seem like it's a binary choice between pass-pro or home run ability. Scott also possesses home run ability, maybe not to the degree of Knighton, but he more than makes up that difference when taking into account other aspects of playing the position. Finally..not once have I ever mentioned anything even remotely close to combine ratings or recruiting rankings in any of my posts when evaluating a player. Ironically..those are the same questions I typically pose to all of the star whores on this forum. Speaking of which..wouldn't you classify yourself as being one of those individuals?

You're saying Duke Johnson struggles in pass-pro? Then why would he be a 3rd down RB? (the most common passing down)

Regardless, Duke Johnson plays in the NFL.
He was an absolute stud IN COLLEGE however.

You don't want another Duke Johnson at Miami?

I'm not sitting here and saying that pass-pro doesn't matter. But we're recruiting High School football players. Very few high school RB's are even taught how to pass-pro properly. You act like you want fully polished players arriving to Miami. That just doesn't happen. WTF you think their college coaches are supposed to teach them?

No scout in America is thinking about a RB's pass-pro ability when he recruits him. You can disagree all you want to but that is a fact.

Last edited:
Advertisement

"What's his vertical?"
Asking the real questions here

"What's his vertical?"

Advertisement
Back