2020 OT Chris Washington Offered

Advertisement
Advertisement
Walker is a FSU / South Carolina battle.

We will have a chance if we win 10+ but it won’t guarantee him to us. Without 10 wins we have no shot.
I think we get Walker if he comes back after the SC camp, especially if it's an OV. He has major interest, no reason at all for him to go to FSU....what's the draw there???? Just trying to understand why he would go Tally at all.

I think it's a SC/UM battle to be honest. He has been on campus twice in as many weeks. He speaks well on our coaches and clearly enjoys his visits. He's in SC now for their summer camp......let's see how he reacts after that , I think that will be very telling!

Walker is a FSU / South Carolina battle.

We will have a chance if we win 10+ but it won’t guarantee him to us. Without 10 wins we have no shot.
Your statement may be true, but what’s staggering & most frustrating to me in this recruiting deal is how come the “leading schools” for him DOESN’T HAVE TO WIN 10 GAMES to land his signature??? I mean FSU just won what 5 games last year(& may not win MORE THIS SEASON) & South Carolina may not win more than 6 or 7 games....smh but somehow(just to stay in the race for him) WE HAVE TO WIN 10 games!?!??? It doesn’t make sense....

Advertisement
ohhhh, you're gonna get some people heated over that comment, lol

They have already started...its cool though. Al Golden was fired 4 years ago and we still will have 4 kids he recruited as starters with no 1 pushing them at their current spots. Our defensive coaching has been really good, their recruiting/evals have left alot to be desired. It was the opposite on offense hence those guys being gone.

Yes last year, but no longer. Shaq and Pinckney, yes. Not the DL, not the DBs at this point. We’re onto Richt guys now.

Golden was fired 4 years ago. I wouldnt expect a bunch of his guys to still be around. Shaq, Pinkney, Bethel, Mccloud are entrenched. Ive been confused on LB recruiting for some time now. We are gonna stack at that spot this class though.

Golden was fired 4 years ago. I wouldnt expect a bunch of his guys to still be around. Shaq, Pinkney, Bethel, Mccloud are entrenched. Ive been confused on LB recruiting for some time now. We are gonna stack at that spot this class though.

The only rationale I have when trying to understand what we've done at LB is a philosophical difference between Manny and Richt with who we are recruiting and what allocation of resources goes to each position group. The lack of LB recruiting and the types of players we recruited just doesn't make sense for what Diaz has traditionally used on defense. This holds up to scrutiny seeing the development of striker spot as well as who we are recruiting under Diaz from the last cycle once hired and now in these future classes. They definitely have a type.

The only rationale I have when trying to understand what we've done at LB is a philosophical difference between Manny and Richt with who we are recruiting and what allocation of resources goes to each position group. The lack of LB recruiting and the types of players we recruited just doesn't make sense for what Diaz has traditionally used on defense. This holds up to scrutiny seeing the development of striker spot as well as who we are recruiting under Diaz from the last cycle once hired and now in these future classes. They definitely have a type.

Yup i agree to this as well. Richt may have been like were good at lb and advised them not to go after a lot of guys or something. Its been years after the Shaq crew and im thinking when are they gonna recruit their replacements. Now this season we are 2 injuries away from possibly playing a walk on or something at times.

Advertisement
Your statement may be true, but what’s staggering & most frustrating to me in this recruiting deal is how come the “leading schools” for him DOESN’T HAVE TO WIN 10 GAMES to land his signature??? I mean FSU just won what 5 games last year(& may not win MORE THIS SEASON) & South Carolina may not win more than 6 or 7 games....smh but somehow(just to stay in the race for him) WE HAVE TO WIN 10 games!?!??? It doesn’t make sense....
These kids don't think Miami can put them in the first round that's what it's all about.

These kids don't think Miami can put them in the first round that's what it's all about.
That may be true as well as the previous post that I replied to...But l ask this question: What 1st Round Tackle has fswho or the lamecocks has put into da league since Da U put Flowers in da league in da 1st Round(wait, now that I really think about it, ever)???

Advertisement
I feel like we should have about 30-40 offers out to OT alone. Then recruit your top 10 guys real hard and the lock in like 3 of them. Let Barry coach them up.

They have already started...its cool though. Al Golden was fired 4 years ago and we still will have 4 kids he recruited as starters with no 1 pushing them at their current spots. Our defensive coaching has been really good, their recruiting/evals have left alot to be desired. It was the opposite on offense hence those guys being gone.

Evals are ok...its just that they suck at recruiting. How do you have a "top rated" defense and cant get guys to come play?

DL recruiting not bad, I like what Simpson was doing there and think the new line coach will continue the positive trend. We whiffed on a LOT of DBs but still have a pretty solid crew. We just need that one additional elite kid a class to be BCS playoff level.

It’s at LB where defensive recruiting has been the big head scratcher. I like Brooks and Huff. Joyner has the athleticism and Steed could have been quality if not for the injuries. But 4 decent kids in 3 years is unacceptable. Lots of work to do there.

Advertisement
Back