2020 oline class outlook

brock

All-American
And moise possibly being used as an offensive lineman given what we have at dt, that’s a good infusion of talent on the oline IMO. Hope we close on that Texas A&M oline commit as well. Doubt they (Texas A&M) want him to visit but he’s still going to next weekend.

off the radar but 5 star uga commit Broderick Jones isn’t signing early and In the past he said was going to take an official to Miami so maybe he’s someone we Go after the early signing period

this class so far looking like it won’t be that bad at all really

DT or G moise(possibly an olineman)
G/T Baynes
T Washington
T/G jalen Rivers

bonus- with reed coming back after missing nearly the entire season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Without Rivers, we would be so F'ed. That dude saved Butch Barry and our offensive line class. Washington is 2 years away physically, Moise who I love as a prospect is hard to predict until camp starts, Reed at this point is impossible to count on, and I haven't seen much on Baynes. That's a pretty disappointing class considering this is our biggest hole on our roster. Losing out on Walker, Dumervil, and Mincy is unacceptable. TBH I hope we keep Smith in the class just to add another guy in the room and I liked his tape.

Advertisement
Lol @ including Reed.

And this OL class isn’t good so far
I didn’t say the oline class is good, it just won’t be that bad whatsoever though. We have done much worse..

on moise
Moise is that moveable chest piece, yes he’s a **** good dlineman but he’s equally as good on the oline and has size, I think He has a lot of size there.

Jalen rivers
Very high on him as he has the size and long arms to excel on the oline and is a powerful run blocker.

washingon
He’s a good development Tackle and has had some sec schools checking in on him at various times this season including ole miss and even Tennessee. He might be something down the line but he has a great frame for sure.

kobe Baynes
The oline coach recruiting him at Louisville who used to be at ncstate knows how to evaluate oline and he has a good frame with not a lot of bad weight, like his film too.

Cleveland reed
Is a welcomed addition back for me, strong lineman who will factor in at one of the guard positions next year hopefully

A lot of us included JT4 with the WRs last year. We can include a player that was expected to move on.

Advertisement
I really hate the push there's been to put Moise on Offense, that kid is a DT all day & would be wasting his talent trying to play on this offensive line.

His talent best suits him at 3-tech, having to play OG in this offense would be a tragedy for a kid with his skills.

I really hate the push there's been to put Moise on Offense, that kid is a DT all day & would be wasting his talent trying to play on this offensive line.

His talent best suits him at 3-tech, having to play OG in this offense would be a tragedy for a kid with his skills.

Agree.

Just because he can play ol don’t mean he should. Moving guys to the ol just because we recruit the position like **** isn’t the best move. I love him at dt.

But I do have a crazy idea , recruit some ******* ol instead.

Quit Miami during the season you can always come on back . Then the coach talks about culture problems.....makes sense.
Culture problems go beyond those type of situations though(Jt4, reed now etc) , especially when you see kids who have been productive in the past and that you depend on loafing around on the field for majority of the season...

Not a push, just a realistic possibility, he’s a good lineman too. We are just deeper at Dt though especially with Roberts already going to end up eventually as a 3technique. If he wants to play early it would be there imo

Advertisement
Culture problems go beyond those type of situations though(Jt4, reed now etc) , especially when you see kids who have been productive in the past and that you depend on loafing around on the field for majority of the season...

Or maybe it’s part of it.

There’s nothing more unacceptable than quitting on your team during the season. I don’t care how talented you might be. That’s part of a culture.

Reed came back because nobody wanted him lol.

Manny set his culture bringing Jt back. Then watched him walk or jog through drills and is too scared to jump his *** because they don’t know how he’ll react. Everyone on the team sees this , from vets to Fr.

Manny is going the opposite route if he’s trying to be respected and build a culture.

Agree.

Just because he can play ol don’t mean he should. Moving guys to the ol just because we recruit the position like **** isn’t the best move. I love him at dt.

But I do have a crazy idea , recruit some ******* ol instead.
A lot of big guys play OL in HS just because you need a big body on the line & strong kid like him can stand in front of pass rushers for a few seconds & have it work when you got an elite RB behind you stamping all over the field.

While I get the whole because we have a lot of depth at DT argument people think he should just be moved to OL, but I just don't see it one bit with him, he's an attacking 3-tech DT that's stout against the run, idc how many bodies we got at DT already put him in their with them & let him eat.

Fck putting him on this bum *** OLine, don't ruin the kids dreams forcing him to block in Enox's trash offense.

Not a push, just a realistic possibility, he’s a good lineman too. We are just deeper at Dt though especially with Roberts already going to end up eventually as a 3technique. If he wants to play early it would be there imo
Fúck that.

Putting him at OG is a dream crusher, that boy ain't no ****** OLineman, he's a savage DT, IDC how many bodies we got keep him at DT.

This OL is trash, he don't need to be subjected to having to deal with Enox & Barry's lame asses.

Advertisement
Or maybe it’s part of it.

There’s nothing more unacceptable than quitting on your team during the season. I don’t care how talented you might be. That’s part of a culture.

Reed came back because nobody wanted him lol.

Manny set his culture bringing Jt back. Then watched him walk or jog through drills and is too scared to jump his *** because they don’t know how he’ll react. Everyone on the team sees this , from vets to youngsters.

Manny is going the opposite route if he’s trying to be respected.
That’s a part of college football nowadays unfortunately and can happen anywhere especially with the transfer portal the way it is.( bama has had kids do it too this year). My point is this beyond that situation you have veterans loafing around(even more noticeable than jt4 DURING games ) which is my bigger issue yet no one goes at them but want to talk sh*t about Thomas every chance they get. Yeah reed made a mistake and was frustrated which is why he left the team but who are we to say he can’t come back at the end of the day?

Fúck that.

Putting him at OG is a dream crusher, that boy ain't no ****** OLineman, he's a savage DT, IDC how many bodies we got keep him at DT.

This OL is trash, he don't need to be subjected to having to deal with Enox & Barry's lame asses.
Valid viewpoint, we will see what happens man lol

At some point we’re going to have to start developing the OL we are landing or fix the evaluation process. We don’t have room to carry 20 guys on the OL because we have to bring in 5 per class to fine 1-2 decent guys.

We continuously recruit the guys with all of the red flags (Dykstra from Iowa with no Iowa or Iowa state offer, Herbert with a torn labrum and most schools cooling on him, Tre Johnson had no offers to play OL at the D1 level, Hillery was the worst player at paradise camp, etc etc)

We need to get to the point where we are good enough at weight room and on field development that we only need to take 3 per class on a normal year, maybe 4 if guys are leaving early, and not taking the guys that are coming off surgery and already going to be behind in the weight room (looking at Baynes this year having a serious injury his senior year)

Again it goes back to scheme on offense. We have to gimmick ourselves to 10 wins to get a bump recruiting and reasonably attract some good players. We’re not gonna be able to line up and do what Alabama does with the OL we’re fielding now.

My rant for the day.

Advertisement
Back