2020 OL Baker Visits Miami, Receives Offer

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
On Sunday, 2020 Fort Myers OT Cayden Baker visited Miami. While on this trip, Baker received a scholarship offer from OL coach Butch Barry.

“I talked to coach (Stephen) Field first and he kind of hinted at it. And then I talked to coach (Dan) Enos and he asked if coach Barry had offered me yet and I said no. So he asked what he was waiting on and then Coach Barry took me aside and he told me he was offering me. It was an awesome feeling, especially from a great school like Miami.”

Baker made the trip to Coral Gables with his long-time friend and Miami TE commit Dominic Mammarelli from Naples.

“Me and him have been great friends for about four years now so he’s loved Miami since he started getting recruited by them. It’s a great opportunity.”

Miami and Southern Miss are the only two schools to offer Baker as of now, but they are not the only two programs recruiting him.

“UConn, Nebraska, Wake Forest, FIU, Wofford, Kentucky, Louisville and a few others.”

Baker is not ready to commit to a school right now, but he knows what he will base that decision off of.

“It would have to be the right decision for me. I still have to see other things like the classes, the school, and other factors. Also, talking it over with my family.”

Advertisement
Had no idea Wofford had a football program lulz. When you look at his prospective list he sounds like a 3* OL which isn’t a bad thing necessarily. Wonder if being friends with Dominic will persuade his decision? Is he a T or G?

Edit: Never mind he’s a OT.

Had no idea Wofford had a football program lulz. When you look at his prospective list he sounds like a 3* OL which isn’t a bad thing necessarily. Wonder if being friends with Dominic will persuade his decision? Is he a T or G?

Edit: Never mind he’s a OT.
wofford is actually one of the best teams in their conference

Advertisement
wofford is actually one of the best teams in their conference

They were like 30 seconds away from embarrassing Wyoming last year.
It would have been almost as embarrassing as that time Georgia Southern (a Southern Conference team at the time) beat UiF several years ago... almost.

Advertisement
I'm not a film expert, but he doesn't stand out in anyway. A lot of his sacks and TFLs are because he goes unblocked..

Can’t disagree with this. Seems to be solely a frame+athleticism offer.

Could be a good evaluation or could be another Cory White

Remember kid is a TE/DE that projects as a OT at next level. Hopefully kid camps with us this year and plays OT full time for his team next year. I doubt his offer was commitable or if it was it was made clear that he could be dropped for someone higher on the board or if he didn’t develop accordingly next year.

Advertisement
2hgx.gif

Advertisement
I'm intrigued. In his recent pictures, he looks to be a legit 6'5, 260 with long arms.

Here is him playing basketball as a sophomore. Nice skill level, perimeter player. He appears to have grown since then:

I'm intrigued. In his recent pictures, he looks to be a legit 6'5, 260 with long arms.

Here is him playing basketball as a sophomore. Nice skill level, perimeter player. He appears to have grown:

Kid has good enough coordination to do a euro step. I see why staff offered him.

He has a **** of a frame to work with. And the basketball stuff means good feet.

Im bias as i played mostly basketball growing up due to weight...and it worked out as my feet was so good i played LT and likely couldnt rep out 225 10x and got scholly offers because feet was too good in pass pro

Advertisement
Back