2020 Louisville OL commit Baynes sets official visit to Miami (Chooses Louisville)

View as article
Advertisement
With the early signing period just a month away, the Hurricanes spent their bye last week expanding their OL board. One of the new offerees included 2020 Sandalwood (FL) OL Kobe Baynes on Friday morning, and since then, things have moved quickly between the parties, as he has heard from all three of Manny Diaz, Dan Enos, and Butch Barry over the past few days.

A visit to campus is imminent as well, as sources tell CanesInSight that Baynes has set an official visit to Miami for December 6th weekend; as of now, he'd be Miami's only scheduled official visitor for that weekend.

At 6-4, 310 pounds, Baynes, who is being recruited by Miami as a guard but was told by the staff that he could also play tackle down the road, is currently committed to the Louisville Cardinals. Miami is the only other program he is considering for a flip at this point and he is set to sign early and be an early enrollee for spring.

Former teammates of Baynes' at Sandalwood include current Canes defenders LB Bradley Jennings and DT Jordan Miller. Baynes is also friendly with current 2020 Canes commits OT Jalen Rivers and DE Chantz Williams, as the trio played AAU basketball together growing up.

Stefan - what is the plan at OL? This was a big weakness this year and we only have two OL committed and missed on Barnes. Totally unacceptable! Back to the portal?

Stefan - what is the plan at OL? This was a big weakness this year and we only have two OL committed and missed on Barnes. Totally unacceptable! Back to the portal?

I am not @Stefan Adams, but I can field this one. There is no plan. None.
At best, there will be frantic, last-minute offers to kids who didn't sign; desperate offers to 2* kids nobody on this board has ever heard of; and vigilant prayer for OL coming through the transfer portal.

Advertisement
I am not @Stefan Adams, but I can field this one. There is no plan. None.
At best, there will be frantic, last-minute offers to kids who didn't sign; desperate offers to 2* kids nobody on this board has ever heard of; and vigilant prayer for OL coming through the transfer portal.
That’s my concern! Losing guys to Louisville, Nebraska and UCF this morning is embarrassing.

There’s a 1 star at my local high school looking for offers. I’m sure Barry would give him one and he could start for Miami in the fall.

There’s a 1 star at my local high school looking for offers. I’m sure Barry would give him one and he could start for Miami in the fall.

Send Barry his tape, contact information, and T-shirt size. You know how he hates doing the legwork.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back