2020 Louisville OL commit Baynes sets official visit to Miami (Chooses Louisville)

Advertisement
I like stealing recruits from Satterfield. Next zion
I think it’s definitely worth noting that Satterfield had Zion committed to App St. I’m sure not even he would have guessed, but that kid was a starting LT in the ACC as a freshman. Definitely seems he is a coach on the right track with OL evaluations.

Just this AM i was going through the recruits list and seeing only 2 OL commits, I was wondering why we didn’t have more, especially with the less than desirable talent recent past classes. This is good news. I hope there’s more they pursue.

This MF'er puts everyone on their backs. Love the film. Whether he is guard or tackle, I feel he is a VERY nice get. Hope it comes through. I haven't seen a guy get so many back dirty since Orlando Pace.

Advertisement
Personally, I’m not big on body reshaping. It is easier to build then to reshape. Does he have a large frame That 310 pounds looks like 250 or does he look like someone that needs to lose weight?
i’m a bit encouraged that he played basketball uncles all he’d did was plug up the middle.

Personally, I’m not big on body reshaping. It is easier to build then to reshape. Does he have a large frame That 310 pounds looks like 250 or does he look like someone that needs to lose weight?
i’m a bit encouraged that he played basketball uncles all he’d did was plug up the middle.
He definitely has bad weight however he still looks pretty athletic and plays with a mean streak.

Let's get him here and decide on what position he plays best at. If he is an EE the S&C can start 8 months before the season starts. Hopefully with that advantage he can become like J. Clark a solid player at guard that did not enter the U until the summer.

Advertisement
Need Tackles, Guards and Centers. Left Tackle, Nelson, has caught the most attention. But Guard play has not been good. Center has been OK, but certainly not championship level,

Over recruit tackles. Unless they are 6’7 they can kick inside to guard if needed or if they don’t pan out at tackle.

Centers important as well, especially in today’s game with so many shotgun snaps and defensive alignment games.

Love his power. Could help out a lot in run blocking. Seems to have pretty good feet, too, though he needs a fair amount of coaching on technique. Could make an RT, but agree his more natural role is OG.

Over recruit tackles. Unless they are 6’7 they can kick inside to guard if needed or if they don’t pan out at tackle.

Centers important as well, especially in today’s game with so many shotgun snaps and defensive alignment games.

Offensive Tackle is definitely the hardest spot to project outside of QB, so it makes sense to take more numbers there and if they don't work out, try them inside. But they often don't work out as guards because what separates a great tackle is his quick feet, burst and balance. They often don't have the requisite arm and leg strength to handle the inside. Look no further than guys like Jones, Brown, Dykstra and Kennedy. They were just too weak to make it at OG once it was obvious they weren't going to cut it at tackle. So the coaches need to target quality natural OGs, as well.

Advertisement
He definitely has bad weight however he still looks pretty athletic and plays with a mean streak.

I put little stock into hearing a HS OL plays with a mean streak. Most times that means he blocked a 180 Lb DL, pancaked him 8 yards downfield, rubbed his fat belly in the 180 lb kid's face then stood up and did a booty dance while yelling at the 180 lb kid.

I put little stock into hearing a HS OL plays with a mean streak. Most times that means he blocked a 180 Lb DL, pancaked him 8 yards downfield, rubbed his fat belly in the 180 lb kid's face then stood up and did a booty dance while yelling at the 180 lb kid.
How many pounds did the DL weigh?

Advertisement
I understand what ur saying but I also see guys like Lloyd William out of Miami Killian and he seems like he doesn’t want to hurt a fly. So I understand what u r saying however I still take it into account

Offensive Tackle is definitely the hardest spot to project outside of QB, so it makes sense to take more numbers there and if they don't work out, try them inside. But they often don't work out as guards because what separates a great tackle is his quick feet, burst and balance. They often don't have the requisite arm and leg strength to handle the inside. Look no further than guys like Jones, Brown, Dykstra and Kennedy. They were just too weak to make it at OG once it was obvious they weren't going to cut it at tackle. So the coaches need to target quality natural OGs, as well.

I disagree. Some of the best NFL guards are college tackles. The kids you mentioned not planning out at tackle were misses all around, and Dykstra was recruited as a guard. Kennedy didn’t have a P5 strength program to see what he truly could have been with his good feet.

You may not turn a lean 6’7 260 kid into a guard based on body type, and you know that going in, but other guys with combo body types like Rivers could easily be one, just like John Campbell who was recruited as a tackle.

At 6-4, 310 pounds, Baynes, who is being recruited by Miami as a guard but was told by the staff that he could also play tackle down the road,.
Does he have the arm length like Scaife?
You talking about the same guy who had to move inside because he couldnt play tackle better than a true freshman?

Advertisement
Back