2020 linebackers

A1cane

Junior
Is anyone else lost on our line backer recruitment. We are not going after anyone. Betty was one guy we were but we cooled off. Anybody have any info about who we are after.

Advertisement
Is anyone else lost on our line backer recruitment. We are not going after anyone. Betty was one guy we were but we cooled off. Anybody have any info about who we are after.

Seems like the staff is taking a national approach and are looking for guys that can come in and play immediately, Flowe, Smalls, Sampah, Wingo, Austin-Cave, Flagg are the guys I know of but I’m sure there are others.

Seems like the staff is taking a national approach and are looking for guys that can come in and play immediately, Flowe, Smalls, Sampah, Wingo, Austin-Cave, Flagg are the guys I know of but I’m sure there are others.
The offers we have out not looking so good. Wingo committed to Penn state, mccluster trending fsu, sampah trending Washington. It just seems like we aren't pushing for anyone

Betty is not a miami caliber athlete. I think that's why they cooled.

6' 190lbs

4.92 -40yd
4.75 shuttle,
Vert 28.70

Jamari Stewart, Wingo and Sampah, Mccluster are the ones i know about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The offers we have out not looking so good. Wingo committed to Penn state, mccluster trending fsu, sampah trending Washington. It just seems like we aren't pushing for anyone

Sampah is the kid from VA and Clemson is the rumored leader, maybe you’re talking about Smalls? I think the staff is hoping that a successful season and the fact that we’re losing all 3 of our starting linebackers will entice some elite talent down the line. I think Flowe is pretty open to the Florida schools and Clemson might fill up before Sampah is ready to commit so who knows. I also think that Austin-Cave is gonna blow up, would love to see him in this class.

Betty is not a miami caliber athlete. I think that's why they cooled.

6' 190lbs

4.92 -40yd
4.75 shuttle,
Vert 28.70

Jamari Stewart, Wingo and Sampah, Mccluster are the ones i know about.

It seems like Stewart is gonna be a DE and McCluster is no longer a priority. Agreed on Betty.

Advertisement
Hmm hope this strategy of going national works for us. If we win, and big, the love from players will increase dramatically. If we win but say go 9-4, things will cool off a bit. It’s really going to be about how we fare on the field this year, kids have had 3 years of Manny’s defense to evaluate him and the defensive staff. As long as Baker keeps the Top 15 defensive rating, I think they’ll come too. Especially the OOS kids who still are enamored by the U’s legendary status.

Justin Flowe is the one I want in this class the most. If you have not seen his highlight video yet do yourself a favor and watch it then come back and tell me what you think. Flowe's instincts and awareness are not only elite. They are savant like. Likewise his ability to key and diagnose is off the charts. Flowe shows incredible speed with an elite closing burst and he is a violent tackler. He really destroys his target. This kid has the potential to be a day 1 starter and is as perfect a fit as you can find for our defensive system.

Advertisement
Looks like Miami is not a big fan of the local linebackers because of a lack of speed. I mean look who we took last year in Brooks and Huff and we were gonna take Solomon. Fast and athletic long linebackers. This year locally theres betty who is small and a bit unathletic, wingo who we want bad but you can tell he wants to leave, and Jesus Machado who has some of the same problems although he is longer than Betty.

Looks like Miami is not a big fan of the local linebackers because of a lack of speed. I mean look who we took last year in Brooks and Huff and we were gonna take Solomon. Fast and athletic long linebackers. This year locally theres betty who is small and a bit unathletic, wingo who we want bad but you can tell he wants to leave, and Jesus Machado who has some of the same problems although he is longer than Betty.
I have no problem with going out of state just worried me a little that we not going after at least 1 guy. I would be fine with putting all our in the basket for justin flowe and risking missing on him but atleast go for someone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back