2020 LB Ruben Hyppolite Visits Miami, Receives Offer

View as article
Advertisement
I’m not understanding the Va Tech reference??? Blacksburg isn’t necessarily a wealthy area- I was there 2 days ago- and they do support their team.
Just a general state references that Alexandria va area is very wealthy. Figured thee would have to be some vtech engineering grads around there.

Just a general state references that Alexandria va area is very wealthy. Figured thee would have to be some vtech engineering grads around there.
Oh ok. There are but metro DC is very transient in terms of people living there aren’t all UVA, VT and MD. You’re right that the passion in this area isn’t a bagging up type of environment. It’s similar to Miami in some ways.

Oh ok. There are but metro DC is very transient in terms of people living there aren’t all UVA, VT and MD. You’re right that the passion in this area isn’t a bagging up type of environment. It’s similar to Miami in some ways.
Exactly. Everyone sees Miami and the high rises and money everywhere. What they don’t see is that a lot of that is foreign investment.
Yes Miami like everywhere else has local wealth. But not enough of them are die hard Cane fans.
The real die hard local cane fan usually comes from the generation that grew up here and witnessed the rise. Diaz falls into that category. But most of those people were middle class and lower. It’s kind of a paradox actually. A school that is expensive private, located in the heart of the old money, with an alumni base smaller than most of the schools in the state won the hearts of the working class and poor of this this city.

Exactly. Everyone sees Miami and the high rises and money everywhere. What they don’t see is that a lot of that is foreign investment.
Yes Miami like everywhere else has local wealth. But not enough of them are die hard Cane fans.
The real die hard local cane fan usually comes from the generation that grew up here and witnessed the rise. Diaz falls into that category. But most of those people were middle class and lower. It’s kind of a paradox actually. A school that is expensive private, located in the heart of the old money, with an alumni base smaller than most of the schools in the state won the hearts of the working class and poor of this this city.
Miami became a team for everyone in the City and the area regardless of ethnicity or economics.

Advertisement
Especially considering you have a need at Line backer...and didnt even sniff anything local until right b4 spring starts. Maryland may have been 1 of his first offers if i could remember. But like i said...visit high and they treated him well and are doing a good job recruiting at MD now.

gogeta in your estimation...Is pough getting jerked by staff? (i.e. could he commit to UM right now?)...Do both sides have a clear picture of the other's interest?

Same with Hyppolite too I guess, but mainly Pough is my concern.

Advertisement
going hard after Flowe as well. Their fans on social media have sent out the bag signal calling him the top priority this cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Shouldn’t have messed around with this kid and pough. Both will be at contending schools. No way he ends up at Maryland imo

Advertisement
Back