2020 Freshman 15: June Edition

View as article
Advertisement
It doesn’t happen often but josh Jacobs, Devin singletary, benny snell did . Not sure he should leave but we will be more than fine either way

I think we are good either way but that’s not what the discussion is. Also the 3 you named were monsters in college. He has not showing anything close to those 3 yet! For him to leave he would have to have a monster year. So all in all, I’m right with saying he should not leave and fans saying he is a 3rd-4th rd are way off base right now.

You know they can go back and finish their degree right? Staying an extra year will do nothing for his draft prospects especially if you think he'll run in the 4.6s anyways

That is a fair way to look at it. I honestly don’t know if he would even get drafted so that’s why I’m saying he should stay.

That is a fair way to look at it. I honestly don’t know if he would even get drafted so that’s why I’m saying he should stay.
That's fair I think he'll have to show a little more explosiveness this year to get drafted and if he doesn't I can see him getting passed on the depth chart as the year goes on. I think ideally your RBs are 3 and out and it's just a continuous cycle

I love DJ and in my opinion, he's probably the most important Cane since Duke Johnson; but he may be buried in the depth chart next year if he decides to come back for his senior year.
We'll have Lo, Cam, Chaney, Asa, Burns (if he's still here) and either Knighton, or Parrish.

Advertisement
I love DJ and in my opinion, he's probably the most important Cane since Duke Johnson; but he may be buried in the depth chart next year if he decides to come back for his senior year.
We'll have Lo, Cam, Chaney, Asa, Burns (if he's still here) and either Knighton, or Parrish.

Explain “most important cane since Duke Johnson”?

Not calling you out, just wondering your rationale...

Explain “most important cane since Duke Johnson”?

Not calling you out, just wondering your rationale...
Maybe important was not the right word; but I meant well:
Class Ambassador.
Voice of the team.
Unselfish (was asked to play DB, WR & RB)
Kid from Georgia and bleeds more Orange and Green than any kid on this squad.

You really think we get Knighton or Parrish? Parrish isn’t gonna come here since we slow played his *** and I’m not confident on Knighton. The staff is gonna **** me off if they whiff on both guys and are left with their ****s in their hands.

You really think we get Knighton or Parrish? Parrish isn’t gonna come here since we slow played his *** and I’m not confident on Knighton. The staff is gonna **** me off if they whiff on both guys and are left with their ****s in their hands.
How are you left with your **** in your hands if you got Chaney an elite back committed already and essentially asa Martin as the 2nd back in this class already? Swing for another elite back ala knighton and don’t just settle

Last edited:
Advertisement
How are you left with your **** in your hands if you got Chaney an elite back committed already and essential asa Martin as the 2nd back in this class already? Swing for another elite back ala knighton and don’t just settle
The plan was the take 2 backs in the 2020 class. They are putting all their eggs in with Knighton. I’m not counting Martin for this class since he was a 2019 guy. Yea Chaney is legit but I want another legit guy.

I agree I don’t want to lose out on Parrish if Knighton goes elsewhere. However, the only way our strategy with Parrish backfires is if FSPOO or Pedo State stop slow playing him before we do.

FSPOO wants Knighton, Toafili and Holmes before Parrish. Pedo has Berger, Lee, Holmes and I believe one other guy before Parrish. What would really fock up the strategy for all 3 teams is if Knighton chooses OSU or Parrish gets in his feelings and just decides to commit to one of his safety schools in Utah, Pitt or FAU. It appears staff has been upfront with him about their board and he was on Campus visiting again today.

How are you left with your **** in your hands if you got Chaney an elite back committed already and essentially asa Martin as the 2nd back in this class already? Swing for another elite back ala knighton and don’t just settle
They shouldn't accept a commitment from Parrish yet but they shouldn't completely quit communicating with him either which is what has happened according to Ivins. What if, God forbid, Chaney somehow doesn't come here and Knighton goes elsewhere too....if the staff goes back to Parrish he might say **** off and then they truly are ****ed. Chaney seems solid but this is recruiting, they should prepare for all scenarios and not be dip****s.

They shouldn't accept a commitment from Parrish yet but they shouldn't completely quit communicating with him either which is what has happened according to Ivins. What if, God forbid, Chaney somehow doesn't come here and Knighton goes elsewhere too....if the staff goes back to Parrish he might say **** off and then they truly are ****ed. Chaney seems solid but this is recruiting, they should prepare for all scenarios and not be dip****s.
Chaney is not built like the rest of these elite south Florida recruits in terms with his mentality. I like Parrish and his film but he’s pretty **** small

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree I don’t want to lose out on Parrish if Knighton goes elsewhere. However, the only way our strategy with Parrish backfires is if FSPOO or Pedo State stop slow playing him before we do.

FSPOO wants Knighton, Toafili and Holmes before Parrish. Pedo has Berger, Lee, Holmes and I believe one other guy before Parrish. What would really fock up the strategy for all 3 teams is if Knighton chooses OSU or Parrish gets in his feelings and just decides to commit to one of his safety schools in Utah, Pitt or FAU. It appears staff has been upfront with him about their board and he was on Campus visiting again today.

yes. I think the staff has been up front, too, Especially in the past two days. I think the kid really wants to commit to Miami ; the question is how long are we going to wait for Knighton? I think Knighton is holding out to see what happens with schools like OU, OSU, and even Clemson who haven't been recruiting him as hard right now or willing to take his commitment. A little surprised UGA hasn't gotten more involved unless it's been very behind the scenes.... They may down the road - they seem to be fighting big time right now for their Plan A kids...

yes. I think the staff has been up front, too, Especially in the past two days. I think the kid really wants to commit to Miami ; the question is how long are we going to wait for Knighton? I think Knighton is holding out to see what happens with schools like OU, OSU, and even Clemson who haven't been recruiting him as hard right now or willing to take his commitment. A little surprised UGA hasn't gotten more involved unless it's been very behind the scenes.... They may down the road - they seem to be fighting big time right now for their Plan A kids...

OU, OSU, and UGA are in play for several high profile guys ... Evans, Milton, Berger, Robinson

Hopefully we lock up Knighton in a couple of months

Chaney is not built like the rest of these elite south Florida recruits in terms with his mentality. I like Parrish and his film but he’s pretty **** small

He's too small for me right now. I would wait for Knighton his film >>>> Parrish film doesn't lie. Knighton mess around and be better than DC. I want two elite guys like Cam and Lo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The plan was the take 2 backs in the 2020 class. They are putting all their eggs in with Knighton. I’m not counting Martin for this class since he was a 2019 guy. Yea Chaney is legit but I want another legit guy.
You have to count Asa Martin for '20 cause he can't play this year. Same with Phillips. If kids can't play, then they don't count.

You have to count Asa Martin for '20 cause he can't play this year. Same with Phillips. If kids can't play, then they don't count.

But how many years will he have to play? If he has only three years starting in '20, I'd consider him part of the '19 class.

But how many years will he have to play? If he has only three years starting in '20, I'd consider him part of the '19 class.
Dude, I know that; but if Lo, Cam or whoever twists an ankle and he come in to the game cause he's not eligible, then he doesn't count.

Advertisement
Back