2020 DT Clyde Pinder cleans 350lbs

He's a beast and has a great build, but he can't continue doing that. He's seriously going to hurt himself.

I get it though being a kid pushing yourself/trying to impress.

He definitely will. He isn't even coming close to proper form. His coach should be embarrassed to allow that to go down in his weight room.

He doesn't even know how to set up for the lift. Which means his deadlift is going to look equally as bad.

Usually bad form isn't much of an issue for HS kids because they usually are only cleaning 275 or so, but 350 like that is an accident waiting to happen.

Advertisement
He definitely will. He isn't even coming close to proper form. His coach should be embarrassed to allow that to go down in his weight room.

He doesn't even know how to set up for the lift. Which means his deadlift is going to look equally as bad.

Usually bad form isn't much of an issue for HS kids because they usually are only cleaning 275 or so, but 350 like that is an accident waiting to happen.

They really should. If he's filming himself acting macho or whatever alright but your coaches putting that up? C'mon now. Talk about negligence. Are they having these kids do this regularly?

They really should. If he's filming himself acting macho or whatever alright but your coaches putting that up? C'mon now. Talk about negligence. Are they having these kids do this regularly?

Not even that, but power clean is not a lift where poor form will let you crank out a few more pounds. if this was deadlift I could possibly see him just being macho, but PC will make you LOSE strength by using poor form.

There is no chance he power cleans with good form and just used schit form for the video.

Advertisement
Seriously that was bad. He did a weird sort of stone man motion didn’t even get under the bar enough and then took 5 steps forward while poeple around him are touching the weights. Like someone’s gonna get hurts

Pretty darn good, especially keeping his balnce at the end but I believe that's a power clean, not a hang clean.

For reference, I think UM's record in power clean was Bailey at 375. Pretty good company/.

Nah a hang. He paused essentially, but an argument could be made for both. Technique was sooo bad, but to explode it that high yeeesh it don’t matter.

Advertisement
Impressive, but that is a hang clean that is different from a power clean where the bar is pulled to the shoulders in one complete motion without the bar being held momentarily then bounced off the things for momentum assistance. Sill impressive and thank for posting.
Pretty darn good, especially keeping his balnce at the end but I believe that's a power clean, not a hang clean.

For reference, I think UM's record in power clean was Bailey at 375. Pretty good company/.
Hang clean with thigh thrust.......Bailey eventually did 410 in the pure power clean which is harder.

Advertisement
We will regret it if we dont sign this kid, imo. Prototype is overrated at DT. Power, burst, explosion, hand quickness matter more. This kid looks like a prototype to me, just not the beach vollyball version.

Good lord that form.... probably could power clean it easy with form

Advertisement
Mike-T.-300x300.jpg

Advertisement
Back