2020 DT Clyde Pinder cleans 350lbs

Advertisement
Pretty darn good, especially keeping his balnce at the end but I believe that's a power clean, not a hang clean.

For reference, I think UM's record in power clean was Bailey at 375. Pretty good company/.

Someone please EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Why are we waiting to get this guy on board?

Why have none of the Florida big 3 or other prominent schools that recruit the area gotten in on this recruitment?

I get he's not the prototype 6'3 DT, but this guy is not undersized. He has measured in at a solid 6'1 291 pounds and appears to have long arms. He has great tape and plays against high level competition at Armwood. He dominates every camp he goes to (including the opening in Miami and Orlando)

When you compare his testing measurables to that of the average P5 All-Conference player at DT (courtesy of @Lance Roffers), this is what you get:

Defensive Tackle- 279 pounds, 5.15 40, 4.72 SH, 38’ Powerball, 28” Vertical, 88 SPARQ
Clyde Pinder - 291 pound, 5.19 40, 4.69 SH, 25.7 vertical

I couldn't find a powerball number for him, but if the dude is cleaning 350 he can launch the powerball.

Basically, Pinder tests out athletically on par with the average All-conference player at DT while already being at playing weight.

I'm pretty confused as to why he's not a consensus 4-star getting a lot more attention right now.

Advertisement

Why have none of the Florida big 3 or other prominent schools that recruit the area gotten in on this recruitment?

I get he's not the prototype 6'3 DT, but this guy is not undersized. He has measured in at a solid 6'1 291 pounds and appears to have long arms. He has great tape and plays against high level competition at Armwood. He dominates every camp he goes to (including the opening in Miami and Orlando)

When you compare his testing measurables to that of the average P5 All-Conference player at DT (courtesy of @Lance Roffers), this is what you get:

Defensive Tackle- 279 pounds, 5.15 40, 4.72 SH, 38’ Powerball, 28” Vertical, 88 SPARQ

I couldn't find a powerball number for him, but if the dude is cleaning 350 he can launch the powerball.

Basically, Pinder tests out athletically on par with the average All-conference player at DT while already being at playing weight.

I'm pretty confused as to why he's not a consensus 4-star getting a lot more attention right now.

My answer would be grades. A 4* DT no matter his height isnt under recruited.

Impressive, but that is a hang clean that is different from a power clean where the bar is pulled to the shoulders in one complete motion without the bar being held momentarily then bounced off the things for momentum assistance. Sill impressive and thank for posting.

Advertisement

Just looked at his offer list on 247

His only P5 offers is BC, Iowa State, Minnesota, UNC, Pitt, and WVU. That is not impressive at all

Just looked at his offer list on 247

His only P5 offers is BC, Iowa State, Minnesota, UNC, Pitt, and WVU. That is not impressive at all

Wasn't Silvera a 3* at this point in the process last year? A lot of these kids aren't even evaluated by national recruiting services at this point in the season. They're just reacting to their local counterparts intel and bumping kids based on offer lists.

Wasn't Silvera a 3* at this point in the process last year? A lot of these kids aren't even evaluated by national recruiting services at this point in the season. They're just reacting to their local counterparts intel and bumping kids based on offer lists.

I think you mean 2 years ago because at this point last year he was solidified as a Top 50 recruit by I get your point.

Advertisement
Impressive, but that is a hang clean that is different from a power clean where the bar is pulled to the shoulders in one complete motion without the bar being held momentarily then bounced off the things for momentum assistance. Sill impressive and thank for posting.
Yeah that was a hang but he didn't hesitate long at all. Technically you're supposed to be able to power clean more but I think that only happens once your form is really good.

He's a beast and has a great build, but he can't continue doing that. He's seriously going to hurt himself.

I get it though being a kid pushing yourself/trying to impress.

Advertisement
Back