2020 DL Simeon Barrow Jr | 28 TFLs 15 Sacks

Advertisement
Hes an instant rotaiton /borderline starter guy i think.

Keep the top 2 guys and him and Burrough is formidable to me.

May allow us to take a big 1 tech that can redshirt in the class a flyer type.
Who are the top 2 guys?

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor- JHH

I’d be surprised if either is back next year, JMO.

As far as this kid, sure. Then we need 2 more quality bodies on top of him AND Burroughs.

We could lose

Taylor, and JHH on top of definitely losing

Deen
Gore
Lichenstein

All because their time is up. That’s literally our top 5 guys. We need to add 2 more portal interiors to Burrough minimum AND keep Jones + add another quality HS body, preferably one with size (pause) and not a 6’1 270 pound guy.

I also don’t want to see anything else about Bain eventually moving inside full time. Leave that kid where tf he is. Develop Acheampong and get him ready. THAT is the kid whose future is inside and he has the raw ability, length and twitch to be a nightmare for guards.

As far as this kid, sure. Then we need 2 more quality bodies on top of him AND Burroughs.

We could lose

Deen
Gore
Lichenstein

All because their time is up. That’s literally our top 5 guys. We need to add 2 more portal interiors to Burrough minimum AND keep Jones + add another quality HS body, preferably one with size (pause) and not a 6’1 270 pound guy.

I also don’t want to see anything else about Bain eventually moving inside full time. Leave that kid where tf he is. Develop Acheampong and get him ready. THAT is the kid whose future is inside and he has the raw ability, length and twitch to be a nightmare for guards.
Gore still has a year...he'll be back to.

I dont think Acheampong has a chance of being outside he isnt twitchy enough and is already big. He has a future inside with development ...kid could get up to 285-290 as a rs freshman.

Not sure where we would lose JHH to..? Hes not an nfl guy and he looks a shoe in to start full time next szn. Now Taylor could go on a streak for the rest of the year, and may want to test the waters.

Hes an instant rotaiton /borderline starter guy i think.

Keep the top 2 guys and him and Burrough is formidable to me.

May allow us to take a big 1 tech that can redshirt in the class a flyer type.
Is he more of a Nose Guard guy to you, I saw a Michigan board listed him as a NG

Advertisement

I dont think Acheampong has a chance of being outside he isnt twitchy enough and is already big. He has a future inside with development ...kid could get up t

Not sure where we would lose JHH to..? Hes not an nfl guy and he looks a shoe in to start full time next szn. Now Taylor could go on a streak for the rest of the year, and may want to test the waters.
This.

Gore will be back but we will lose Deen and Lichtenstein. I would 100% expect JHH to be back next year and about 50/50 with Leonard Taylor. Acheampong could be a very interesting piece for us inside. With his length, wingspan and good twitchiness for the interior, Collin could be a real matchup problem for opposing guards and centers. The challenge with Acheampong will be the usual one for taller interior DLs and that is playing with leverage as opposed to playing too high. Having said that, I cannot wait to see how Guidry uses him.

We could lose

Deen
Gore
Lichenstein

I agree 100% on Bain. I was listening to Guidry’s press conference and he believes Bain’s NFL future resides inside, but for the near future we need to leave him right where he is. Tackle’s aren’t used to DE’s straight up bullying and blowing them up physically the way he is. He’s an absolute matchup nightmare for opposing offenses.

Advertisement

I dont think Acheampong has a chance of being outside he isnt twitchy enough and is already big. He has a future inside with development ...kid could get up to 285-290 as a rs freshman.

Still have Moten. Kinda surprised he hasn’t gotten any snaps. I’d be curious what ppl are hearing about his development. Also Horton is RS but how is he looking in practices

Advertisement

I think Guidry likes to have specialized guys for some of the sub packages. Acheampong would be a perfect end in a 3 man front. Kind of the position JHH Played against Clemson

Advertisement
Back