2020 DE/TE Arik Gilbert receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Arik-Gilbert-94709

6'5 240lbs 4/5-star ATH from out of College Park GA, goes to 7A school Marietta (transferred from Woodward Academy)
He's the #1 ranked ATH in the 2020 class & #2 ranked player in the state of Georgia

Triple sport athlete that plays Football, Basketball & Baseball. Freak of nature who plays WR, TE & DE, finished his Freshman year with 62tcks 9TFL's & 6sacks, along with 54rec 570yds & 7TD's.

Visited Miami on Tuesday when Miami hosted several OOS prospects in town for the Adidas 7v7 tournament.

Holds offers from Bama, UGA, Clemson, Oh St, FSU & UF.
(UGA lock)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any pull from UGA will be tough with them winning, the worst of it is that kids from South Florida have no issue going up there smh.

A lot of offers out for that 2020 class makes me wonder if the staff feels really good about the 19 class.

Any pull from UGA will be tough with them winning, the worst of it is that kids from South Florida have no issue going up there smh.

It's not a given that they'll be a playoff team this season, though. I think UGA just lost over 1/3 of their team to graduation or the draft? They pulled in an elite class, but that's a lot of turnover to overcome.

Advertisement
I’m assuming ZERO chance with Gilbert?

also fugggg Washington he can walk on as a DE
Nah I don't think so, if he enters the portal he'll be headed back home to GA because he's apparently homesick & doesn't get along with the staff at LSU.

Plus, TE is one of the few positions we can be picky with & don't have to be desperate, we're stocked loaded at TE for the near future & can get the pick of the litter for who we want in recruiting, so I doubt we would even be interested in either Gilbert or Washington.

Advertisement
Nah I don't think so, if he enters the portal he'll be headed back home to GA because he's apparently homesick & doesn't get along with the staff at LSU.

Plus, TE is one of the few positions we can be picky with & don't have to be desperate, we're stocked loaded at TE for the near future & can get the pick of the litter for who we want in recruiting, so I doubt we would even be interested in either Gilbert or Washington.
I think the question is who’s getting dropped? You telling Mallory to hit the league? Is Arroyo gonna have to go to college in Texas?

I just don’t see a spot just based off need. We’re not doing any of that.

Facts.

Washington sold himself short going to UGA, now if they bring in Arik Gilbert he's done because Gilbert is actually a **** good TE.

It's hilarious though because a lot of us on the board warned that kid not to go to UGA, he made a big mistake signing to a school that rarely ever uses the TE in their scheme, except as a blocker lol.
Short term bag play. Jumping over dollars to get dimes

I see him swatting passes down like Montez Sweat(what a steal he was right?) right now!!

Advertisement
Nah tell his big *** to go to la Carreta and put on some lbs ur our lt
Why do y’all keep saying that about him? He’s got a thin lower body. He ain’t built to be a lineman like that.

Yeah his body language was bad. I am talking about Gilbert. I watched a few times and him and Finley were never on the same page. I think he doesn't care for Coach O either. Uga isn't winning anything anytime soon.

Advertisement
Back