2020 DE Jared Ivey receives offer

You likey?

Yes. He can definitely help us and I think his best ball is still ahead of him. According to some GT folks the light came on this year and he had some moments along with good production and they were expecting him to take another step in year 3 next year. With that size especially, he could be an asset for us and give us some versatility up front. Signing Stewart (🤞🏾), and getting him in here would be great. Add Dorlus (🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾) and we all would be very very happy. That room would do a complete 180 with those 3 in the fold, **** even 2 of the 3 in addition to what we have already signed. Not only from a talent and experience standpoint, but a competition standpoint and obviously would help depth which we desperately need. Thats 3 grown men and not even counting the true interior types that may join in Moten and Cooper.
This kid has 2 more seasons minimum, bring him tf on yesterday. Sounds like Ole Miss will be a player here from the little bit I have gathered but glad to see us actually pursuit someone in the portal that could help lol.

Advertisement
Yes. He can definitely help us and I think his best ball is still ahead of him. According to some GT folks the light came on this year and he had some moments along with good production and they were expecting him to take another step in year 3 next year. With that size especially, he could be an asset for us and give us some versatility up front. Signing Stewart (🤞🏾), and getting him in here would be great. Add Dorlus (🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾) and we all would be very very happy. That room would do a complete 180 with those 3 in the fold, **** even 2 of the 3 in addition to what we have already signed. Not only from a talent and experience standpoint, but a competition standpoint and obviously would help depth which we desperately need. Thats 3 grown men and not even counting the true interior types that may join in Moten and Cooper.
This kid has 2 more seasons minimum, bring him tf on yesterday. Sounds like Ole Miss will be a player here from the little bit I have gathered but glad to see us actually pursuit someone in the portal that could help lol.
They got that kid from USC as well on the DL. Still need LB and CB help. I’m more worried about CB.

Also, link to GT board on Ivey leaving: https://stingtalk.com/board/threads/ivey-in-the-portal.110502/

3rd post is a guy claiming he's a bigger loss than Gibbs, their star RB who left for Bama. That should say something about his talent level.
I do and don’t feel bad for GTech, and most of the ACC that refuses to employ resources in the NIL game.
I am friends with a group of GTech grads who played football there many, many years ago. Most are millionaires and have designed and built Atlanta. they all ***** and moan about the state of GTech sports, and particularly football. All donate money to the school and/or athletic dept.

I offered to educate them to NIL and help them put together some structure that they could then present to the athletic dept. My motivation, beyond friendship, was to give GTech the ability to compete for at least a few players against UGA.

In the end they didn’t even want to have a meeting in which we would have discussed paying players. The general sentiment was that kids should be happy too have a scholarship to Tech and receive a degree. To say they are “old school” is an understatement. Probably how many of UM’s Board members sounded until the recent coup d’etat. In the end I told them that I could truly care less, but they need to stop complaining if they aren’t going to do something.

Another Ivey?

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Advertisement
I do and don’t feel bad for GTech, and most of the ACC that refuses to employ resources in the NIL game.
I am friends with a group of GTech grads who played football there many, many years ago. Most are millionaires and have designed and built Atlanta. they all ***** and moan about the state of GTech sports, and particularly football. All donate money to the school and/or athletic dept.

I offered to educate them to NIL and help them put together some structure that they could then present to the athletic dept. My motivation, beyond friendship, was to give GTech the ability to compete for at least a few players against UGA.

In the end they didn’t even want to have a meeting in which we would have discussed paying players. The general sentiment was that kids should be happy too have a scholarship to Tech and receive a degree. To say they are “old school” is an understatement. Probably how many of UM’s Board members sounded until the recent coup d’etat. In the end I told them that I could truly care less, but they need to stop complaining if they aren’t going to do something.

This is why i laughed when folks that Geoff Collins would be a problem at GA TECH.

Having lived there...sports wise ga tech is basically FIU in Atlanta. They are insignificant as **** especially football

So he put this highlights video together and released it last month to possibly gauge interest i am guessing before jumping into to the portal

Go Canes

Advertisement
This is why i laughed when folks that Geoff Collins would be a problem at GA TECH.

Having lived there...sports wise ga tech is basically FIU in Atlanta. They are insignificant as **** especially football
Yep. I can’t name a player on the basketball team and the one football player whose name I did know is now at Bama. No recognition within their own city.
And I watch sports.

I hope Mario knows what he's doing b/c every multi-year transfer means one less '23 or '24 high school recruit unless we are jettisoning Fresh and Soph after this upcoming season. There are something like 60 guys (out of the 85 max) that are Fresh/Soph on the roster now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope Mario knows what he's doing b/c every multi-year transfer means one less '23 or '24 high school recruit unless we are jettisoning Fresh and Soph after this upcoming season. There are something like 60 guys (out of the 85 max) that are Fresh/Soph on the roster now.

Mario wants to win now and this defense sucked. We got zero pressure on the QB with our front 4 and had to rely on blitzing. Can’t worry about 2023 and 2024 if you *** wins five games in 2022 with a **** roster.

Mario wants to win now and this defense sucked. We got zero pressure on the QB with our front 4 and had to rely on blitzing. Can’t worry about 2023 and 2024 if you *** wins five games in 2022 with a **** roster.
Not sure this kid is our hope to sack QBs as he only had 1.5 last year.The UAB transfer also only had 2.I refuse to beleve we can't get better talent.

Advertisement
Back