2020 DB Lovie Jenkins

Official Cane Gang

Sophomore

6-1 180 from Ocoee High School

Has 0 stars but that's going to change very soon. Could be a physical corner like Mike Jack, or play Free.

He does a really good job at keeping things in front of him and putting himself in the position to make a play.

Looks to have lots of room for taking to coaching, but I would not call him a "project". He is a very talented kid that can only get better.

Coaches do know about him. Would love to grab him or Luke Rose

Advertisement
Wanted to point out a specific play from the tape that made me say "wow".

Go to 2:15 and see what he does. Not a big hit or pick, but just as impressive.

Advertisement
Really think we messing up not recruiting this kid.

He since gotten offers from UVA, Tenn, NC St, Kentucky, Cuse, Wisky, UCF & Notre Dame.

We definitely shouldn't just let him go to ND without even offering him & considering the CB board is thinning out as far as the top players we're after, no reason not to offer & see if we can gauge his interest.

I can see why you want this kid but I can also see why he is ranked where he is right now. He's fast but doesnt look as fast on tape as he tests. Hes actually 5'10 not 6'1 which isnt horrible size but its not the same and he needs to work on his technique. Shows potential but dont think he is a cant miss prospect

Really think we messing up not recruiting this kid.

He since gotten offers from UVA, Tenn, NC St, Kentucky, Cuse, Wisky, UCF & Notre Dame.

We definitely shouldn't just let him go to ND without even offering him & considering the CB board is thinning out as far as the top players we're after, no reason not to offer & see if we can gauge his interest.

Is the CB board really thinning out...I know you like Francois at S, but I think he's on record saying staff wants him at corner...And even if you don't think we are recruiting the nickel guys (Stanley)...You still got

Pouncey
Dennis
Lawrence (CB/S)
George

Hodges
Pough

Delaney

For what is probably 2 more additional spots on the Delaney tier? ? Plus we could go deeper locally eventually if we can't land ...I don't have to tell you the CB prospects, you always have a thread about them. I don't mind Jenkins either, just saying I'm not sure the board is thinning out quite that much.

Advertisement
Is the CB board really thinning out...I know you like Francois at S, but I think he's on record saying staff wants him at corner...And even if you don't think we are recruiting the nickel guys (Stanley)...You still got

Pouncey
Dennis
Lawrence (CB/S)
George

Hodges
Pough

Delaney

For what is probably 2 more additional spots on the Delaney tier? ? Plus we could go deeper locally eventually if we can't land ...I don't have to tell you the CB prospects, you always have a thread about them. I don't mind Jenkins either, just saying I'm not sure the board is thinning out quite that much.
Out of that group who do you think we realistically have a shot at? You really think a Pouncey is coming here? Dennis maybe especially since FSU already has 4 CB's committed, but I wouldn't trust a Lakeland kid to be a solid commit.

Keyshawn Lawrence is at the very top of the board & I'm huge fan of his game, but it's going to be an absolute dogfight all year to get a high caliber blue-chip OOS kid like him with Clemson, Tenn & Auburn all after him. Not saying we can't or won't land him, just saying it's not going to be a cakewalk either.

Hodges & Pough would be great adds, I think we end up with one or possibly both in this class. Brian George is a plan B/C option imo.

Ultimately my point in saying the CB board is thinning out is based on how we usually recruit at this position. We typically get left stuck scrambling late because we don't do our due diligence & most of the time put all eggs in one basket.

All I'm saying is it would be a mistake assuming we're going to land all the top CB's on the board, because that literally never happens & it would be smart to cast a wider net recruiting some of these other prospects a little earlier instead of waiting until Dec/Jan after all the other CB's we wanted went elsewhere.

Out of that group who do you think we realistically have a shot at?

Ya I'm not thinking cakewalk either...But I'm thinking those guys are the definite top 2 tiers and we can land 2 of the 7. We disagree on George who I think is definitely higher on the board.

Your point well taken with "how we usually recruit at the position" though (Rumph lol) ...Just realize we only need to go about 2-7...3-7 would be nice if you see Francois elsewhere, and there are a total of local backups that neither of us are naming here.

Out of that group who do you think we realistically have a shot at? You really think a Pouncey is coming here? Dennis maybe especially since FSU already has 4 CB's committed, but I wouldn't trust a Lakeland kid to be a solid commit.

Keyshawn Lawrence is at the very top of the board & I'm huge fan of his game, but it's going to be an absolute dogfight all year to get a high caliber blue-chip OOS kid like him with Clemson, Tenn & Auburn all after him. Not saying we can't or won't land him, just saying it's not going to be a cakewalk either.

Hodges & Pough would be great adds, I think we end up with one or possibly both in this class. Brian George is a plan B/C option imo.

Ultimately my point in saying the CB board is thinning out is based on how we usually recruit at this position. We typically get left stuck scrambling late because we don't do our due diligence & most of the time put all eggs in one basket.

All I'm saying is it would be a mistake assuming we're going to land all the top CB's on the board, because that literally never happens & it would be smart to cast a wider net recruiting some of these other prospects a little earlier instead of waiting until Dec/Jan after all the other CB's we wanted went elsewhere.
I thought Clemson was finished with the db... The defensive coordinator son supposed to take the last spot

Ya I'm not thinking cakewalk either...But I'm thinking those guys are the definite top 2 tiers and we can land 2 of the 7. We disagree on George who I think is definitely higher on the board.

Your point well taken with "how we usually recruit at the position" though (Rumph lol) ...Just realize we only need to go about 2-7...3-7 would be nice if you see Francois elsewhere, and there are a total of local backups that neither of us are naming here.
I think George is a good prospect & would be happy if we landed him (I'm always in favor of bringin in kids from the muck), I just don't think he's necessarily atop of the CB board.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Who are we competing for Pouncey

Kid has talent ... clearly he is a Balla, would need to "up his game" to see the field at the U.

Advertisement
Back