2020 Athlete from Cape Canaveral-- unreal speed for age

Who's he playing for Cocoa Beach? Would love him at Merritt Island.

I was on Cocoa Beach's first team, ever. New school, everybody moved over from Cocoa High, which was then in Rockledge. A few years later, they built Merritt Island, and my HS coach, left Cocoa Beach to coach Merritt Island.

I don't know if Cocoa Beach has ever had great talent, although I haven' kept up.

Very cool. Are you still in the area? I grew up in Merritt Island. Johnny (head coach at Cocoa) and staff are Merritt Island boys who went over there to coach as MI has Jeff McLean.

No, not still in the area. Have not been for decades. You might not have been born when I left. Around that time, my old high school coach, Eddie Feely, was starting to build a powerhouse at Merritt Island. Before that, Brevard H.S. football was pretty mediocre.

The most interesting thing I remember is that Merritt Island had a stud LB on a state championship team in the early '70's who is now a woman. I can't remember her name, but I read about her a few years ago. I think she is now a realtor somewhere in central Florida. He was known for being a fierce hitter. I think he went to East Carolina. There weren't as many guys from Brevard going to bigger programs back then. I don't know when Brevard started to emerge as a major football center.

Over the years, Brevard produced a lot of guys who made it big, e.g., Clint Hurdle (big as a baseball player, he was a Merritt Island QB who committed to UM; Leon Bright Joe Kohlbrand, Matt Walters, Kenny Calhoun, Derrick Brown, the Ham Brothers, Hurley Brown, Darrell Spencer, those kids at Palm Bay, etc.) When I lived in Broward in the '60's, the talent was not so hot.

Kind of disappointing this kid from Cape Canaveral is going to Cocoa High and not Cocoa Beach. I guess the program at Cocoa Beach is not too impressive so he wanted to play in a better program. When I was in H.S., it was just about unheard of for kids to select their own school out of their living area. I never heard of it. Some kids played for parochial schools like Curley (bigger in Dade in the early '60's than it is now) or Columbus. There was the proliferation of private schools like there is now. I lived in south Florida before i lived in Brevard, went to HS in Dade and then Brevard, and things have changed a great deal.

For those interested in Brevard football, you've probably never heard of the most illustrious Brevard product ever, I think the only Brevard kid to ever make it to the College Football Hall of Fame:

Inductees - Players & Coaches Interactive Feature & Info

Anderson Consensus All-American At West Point |

Bob Anderson was one of the very best players in college football at Army in the late '50's. He was a rare sophomore A-A back then (when freshmen didn't play varsity). Army used to have very good teams back then, probably better than all the Florida schools. I met him after a college all star game played in the Orange Bowl when i got his autograph. It was probably the old North-South game that was a tradition in south Florida.

Back then, south Florida had a plethora of great post season games in the Orange Bowl: the North-South game, the Orange Blossom Classic, with FAMU playing the best black college from elsewhere in the country, the Orange Bowl game, and then the NFL runner up game. The latter was before there was a Super Bowl. It featured the number three and four teams in the NFL.

Bob Anderson was perhaps the greatest player ever out of Brevard given his accomplishments in college and the one nobody remembers (except for me.) If anybody can tell me if there is another Brevard product in the College Football Hall of Fame, please let me know.

Advertisement
Do we really need to be talking about 9th graders already? What's next? Talking about what 6th graders will make great CFB players in the future?

The stud at Merrit Island you were speaking about [MENTION=2335]TheMatador[/MENTION] was a QB by the name of Greg Pingston. He's now a woman.

Advertisement
Probably a 17yr old freshman. Never know how old these kids are. Its like signing a Venezuelan baseball prospect.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

******* type comment. Dude has some talent

Completely agree.

Why even make a comment like that about a kid you know nothing about.
Why cant i? Who makes your views right? F off bro. I could be completely right and you could be completely right. I made an assumption so prove me wrong. If not move t f on. Yall act like im totally off base with this comment when we sign 2 or 3 kids a year that are almost aged out of high school sports.

Probably a 17yr old freshman. Never know how old these kids are. Its like signing a Venezuelan baseball prospect.

Completely agree.

Why cant i? Who makes your views right? F off bro. I could be completely right and you could be completely right. I made an assumption so prove me wrong. If not move t f on. Yall act like im totally off base with this comment when we sign 2 or 3 kids a year that are almost aged out of high school sports.

So we should assume every good athlete has been held back multiple times and has no concern for their education?

If you know the kid personally, or have info to support your claim, then say so. If not, then why **** on a teenager you don't know for no reason?

Completely agree.

So we should assume every good athlete has been held back multiple times and has no concern for their education?

If you know the kid personally, or have info to support your claim, then say so. If not, then why **** on a teenager you don't know for no reason?
You can assume as you plz sir. You may look at the glass have full but best player in our class has aged out. Mark walton only reclassified his junior year and Deonte Mullins aged out as well. Its just a guess bro. An assumption. This kids numbers are through the roof for his age so yes i made an assumption which im aloud to do. Something You also did when you assumed i meant that in a derogatory meaner, which ill be honest may come off that way to most. He could be older then everyone else due to circumstances that are out of his control. Just do yourself a favor and keep scrolling if you dont like what you see and save yourself the drama bro.

Completely agree.

You can assume as you plz sir. You may look at the glass have full but best player in our class has aged out. Mark walton only reclassified his junior year and Deonte Mullins aged out as well. Its just a guess bro. An assumption. This kids numbers are through the roof for his age so yes i made an assumption which im aloud to do. Something You also did when you assumed i meant that in a derogatory meaner, which ill be honest may come off that way to most. He could be older then everyone else due to circumstances that are out of his control. Just do yourself a favor and keep scrolling if you dont like what you see and save yourself the drama bro.

And his age is...?

Advertisement
The stud at Merrit Island you were speaking about [MENTION=2335]TheMatador[/MENTION] was a QB by the name of Greg Pingston. He's now a woman.

You're right. I thought he was a LB, maybe played both. Was a safety at East Caroliina. In an earlier era, he would have gone through life as a man. I'm sympathetic to the plight of people whose bodies' say one thing, and their brains say something else. I wouldn't want to go through that. Still, until a person gets their physique "corrected", I'm not a big fan of sharing locker rooms and bathrooms. Can you imagine if Pingston regularly dressed and undressed in the woman's locker room? (Don't want to start another controversy here.)

From cleats to heels: An ECU football player's transgender journey - The East Carolinian: News

You're right. I thought he was a LB, maybe played both. Was a safety at East Caroliina. In an earlier era, he would have gone through life as a man. I'm sympathetic to the plight of people whose bodies' say one thing, and their brains say something else. I wouldn't want to go through that. Still, until a person gets their physique "corrected", I'm not a big fan of sharing locker rooms and bathrooms. Can you imagine if Pingston regularly dressed and undressed in the woman's locker room? (Don't want to start another controversy here.)

From cleats to heels: An ECU football player's transgender journey - The East Carolinian: News

Thanks for sharing that story. First time reading it. I knew him as the QB, didn't know he played LB too.

Completely agree.

I can say you're a man who dresses like women.....I can say you gotta wear special tethers connecting you're shoes to your ankles so you don't lose your shoes since you aren't strong enough to tie the ***ers right........i can say you like your steaks medium rare but you cook it in a dam microwave.... bill Clinton has an NWA tape in his brief case......donald trump has a black barber...deon sanders sucked at track ANY DAM THING CAN BE SAID !

Completely agree.

I can say you're a man who dresses like women.....I can say you gotta wear special tethers connecting you're shoes to your ankles so you don't lose your shoes since you aren't strong enough to tie the ***ers right........i can say you like your steaks medium rare but you cook it in a dam microwave.... bill Clinton has an NWA tape in his brief case......donald trump has a black barber...deon sanders sucked at track ANY DAM THING CAN BE SAID !
Lmao great point buddy. You win for the day. Collect your prize and GTFOH!

Advertisement

Completely agree.

I just didn't agree with your initial comment. I don't assume something about a KID I know NOTHING about just because he runs fast.

Completely agree.

I just didn't agree with your initial comment. I don't assume something about a KID I know NOTHING about just because he runs fast.
Ok and.... I didnt ask you too. I made my comment and you yours. Just cuz you and your butt buddy think your opinions matter and must be taken as gospel need a check. Idgaf what you assume but i know your not a saint so idgaf if you agree. Now plz move on and quit clogging my mentions.

Advertisement
Lmao at least in not a liar. Mr i don't make assumptions. Hypocrites are clear personality indicators.

Who's he playing for Cocoa Beach? Would love him at Merritt Island.

I was on Cocoa Beach's first team, ever. New school, everybody moved over from Cocoa High, which was then in Rockledge. A few years later, they built Merritt Island, and my HS coach, left Cocoa Beach to coach Merritt Island.

I don't know if Cocoa Beach has ever had great talent, although I haven' kept up.

Very cool. Are you still in the area? I grew up in Merritt Island. Johnny (head coach at Cocoa) and staff are Merritt Island boys who went over there to coach as MI has Jeff McLean.

No, not still in the area. Have not been for decades. You might not have been born when I left. Around that time, my old high school coach, Eddie Feely, was starting to build a powerhouse at Merritt Island. Before that, Brevard H.S. football was pretty mediocre.

The most interesting thing I remember is that Merritt Island had a stud LB on a state championship team in the early '70's who is now a woman. I can't remember her name, but I read about her a few years ago. I think she is now a realtor somewhere in central Florida. He was known for being a fierce hitter. I think he went to East Carolina. There weren't as many guys from Brevard going to bigger programs back then. I don't know when Brevard started to emerge as a major football center.

Over the years, Brevard produced a lot of guys who made it big, e.g., Clint Hurdle (big as a baseball player, he was a Merritt Island QB who committed to UM; Leon Bright Joe Kohlbrand, Matt Walters, Kenny Calhoun, Derrick Brown, the Ham Brothers, Hurley Brown, Darrell Spencer, those kids at Palm Bay, etc.) When I lived in Broward in the '60's, the talent was not so hot.

Kind of disappointing this kid from Cape Canaveral is going to Cocoa High and not Cocoa Beach. I guess the program at Cocoa Beach is not too impressive so he wanted to play in a better program. When I was in H.S., it was just about unheard of for kids to select their own school out of their living area. I never heard of it. Some kids played for parochial schools like Curley (bigger in Dade in the early '60's than it is now) or Columbus. There was the proliferation of private schools like there is now. I lived in south Florida before i lived in Brevard, went to HS in Dade and then Brevard, and things have changed a great deal.

For those interested in Brevard football, you've probably never heard of the most illustrious Brevard product ever, I think the only Brevard kid to ever make it to the College Football Hall of Fame:

Inductees - Players & Coaches Interactive Feature & Info

Anderson Consensus All-American At West Point |

Bob Anderson was one of the very best players in college football at Army in the late '50's. He was a rare sophomore A-A back then (when freshmen didn't play varsity). Army used to have very good teams back then, probably better than all the Florida schools. I met him after a college all star game played in the Orange Bowl when i got his autograph. It was probably the old North-South game that was a tradition in south Florida.

Back then, south Florida had a plethora of great post season games in the Orange Bowl: the North-South game, the Orange Blossom Classic, with FAMU playing the best black college from elsewhere in the country, the Orange Bowl game, and then the NFL runner up game. The latter was before there was a Super Bowl. It featured the number three and four teams in the NFL.

Bob Anderson was perhaps the greatest player ever out of Brevard given his accomplishments in college and the one nobody remembers (except for me.) If anybody can tell me if there is another Brevard product in the College Football Hall of Fame, please let me know.

You go back a really long way. I grew up in Brevard County and played at Cocoa in the early 80's. There's been a lot of talent coming from that area for years. Just a few guys from my era - Wilbur Marshall - also in the College Football HOF, K. Calhoun, the Ham's, Jeff Wickersham who led Merritt Island to two or three state championships and then went LSU.

Lmao at least in not a liar. Mr i don't make assumptions. Hypocrites are clear personality indicators.

Lol you what they say when we assume...

It's all good man, I'm done arguing with a fellow Cane. It was pointless to begin with.

P.S.
It's going to be funny when it turns out the kid really is 17...

Advertisement
Back