2020 ATH Holmes lists Miami as leader, calls UM his "dream school"

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 Cocoa ATH Caziah Holmes already possesses a Miami offer and has visited the Canes more than any other program. His most recent visit was for the spring game and afterward he told CIS that UM was his leader.

“The spring game visit went great, also meeting the coaches and meeting players in my recruiting class was really nice,” Holmes said. “The best part was when I got to walk around the field and looking and imagining the atmosphere that I could possibly play at. My interest in Miami is high and I'll probably take another visit in the summer. (Miami is) number 1.”

The 6’0” 180 pounder is in frequent contact with Mark Richt’s coaching staff, and safeties coach Ephraim Banda has taken the lead in Holmes’ recruitment.

“I talk to coach Banda mostly, but pretty much most of the coaches,” Holmes said. “My relationship with the coaches is that they are like family.”

As one of the best athletes on the field, Holmes plays all over the place for Cocoa. He spent some time at running back as a sophomore, but mainly played corner and showed out in his first year at the position.

“My season went great and my team made it to states,” Holmes said. “I feel like I performed great this season playing a position I’ve never played.”

So, where have the Canes been recruiting him at?

“Mostly as an ATH and they say I'll fit into the team nicely,” Holmes said. “They have been my dream school since I was little and I love the history about Miami.”

While Holmes plans no other visits at the moment, other Power 5 schools that have offered the talented athlete include Florida, Rutgers, Kentucky, Maryland, and Syracuse. Holmes plans to make an early decision and his school of choice will make him feel valued, sport a great family environment, and have solid academics.

“I’ll commit after my junior season,” Holmes said. “I’m looking for a place to make me feel like I’m a key part of the team and make me feel like the coaches and my teammates are like family to me and a family to my parents. Most importantly is the education.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Being from Cocoa and I've had two sons that played with him the kid is the real deal and I could see him as a Cane talented and fast great kid love to watch him play and would love to see him in Miami
50aa5671dd14d.image.jpg

Sounds good but a long way to go. I'll get excited around this time next year. Too many heartbreaks investing in kids a couple years away.

Advertisement
Good Lookiing highlight film..would like to see more.

He is young, and it looks like his technique needs some more refining....which is a good thing at this stage. He is still raw and is an athlete who looks like he has good instincts. Being that he's already 6 ft is even better. I look forward to this young man developing.

Check out his GPA as well. Kid is a STUDENT-Athlete. Straight A type of kid. Will be a great get for Banda and Crew.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back