2020 4-star WR Michael Redding

Crooting is so fluid a reminder to anyone new to the game how names can change...

Never fails though summer going into the season is always promising with so many names and dudes begging and hoping we don’t **** the bed so they can stay and make the crib great!

Cmon manny!

Advertisement
I'm reading all the comments and I see the kids measurables are elite but where's the production? He caught 13 passes for 200+ yards and 4 TDs last season. I don't know if he was a starter or not but his elite measurables didn't equate to elite production on the field.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want the kid but I'm not as high on him as everyone else seems to be. There are other WR on the board I'd take before him if possible.

I'm reading all the comments and I see the kids measurables are elite but where's the production? He caught 13 passes for 200+ yards and 4 TDs last season. I don't know if he was a starter or not but his elite measurables didn't equate to elite production on the field.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want the kid but I'm not as high on him as everyone else seems to be. There are other WR on the board I'd take before him if possible.

Like who?

Sounds like a Ryan Moore 2.0 situation

Go Canes

Advertisement

As a sophomore in Pensacola, he was the 2nd leading receiver on his team with 32 receptions 516 yards and 4 tds.

Understand what you are saying but you have to put his stats into context. He was the 2nd leading receiver in yards with 219 to Noah Cain’s 230 yards on his team. He was tied for 1st with Trey Sanders with 13 receptions. The team attempted a total of 144 passes all year, completing only 83. Both Trey Sanders and Noah Cain rushed for under 500 yards each. I would not put too much stock into stats from IMG players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting.

Haven’t paid this too much mind because I thought this was all FSU. He is a big outside deep threat all day with a huge ceiling. Would be good to stick it to FSU too. Wake me up if he comes back for Paradise.

Same here. Thought it was an ND/FSU battle, but those posts from his Dad are encouraging.

No one at IMG puts up big stats, especially on offense. Got too many mouths to feed.
I think Even Hightower had modest stats at img but at calabassas he was one of the most productive receivers in the country. There are other factors at play at img. Remember they always have a sh*tty offense, sh*tty coaching as well as downright bad qb play.

Advertisement
Like who?
Kentron Poitier, Rome Odunze, Xzavier Henderson, Marcus Rosemy. Those are the big body WRs I like more. 2 of those guys I know most people don't think we'll land but I'd still rather have them.

Then smaller WRs like Mookie Cooper, Jalin Hyatt, Gary Bryant and a few others I like over Redding as of today.

Again I'm not mad if we get him there's just others that I like a lot more based on their impact on the field.

Understand what you are saying but you have to put his stats into context. He was the 2nd leading receiver in yards with 219 to Noah Cain’s 230 yards on his team. He was tied for 1st with Trey Sanders with 13 receptions. The team attempted a total of 144 passes all year, completing only 83. Both Trey Sanders and Noah Cain rushed for under 500 yards each. I would not put too much stock into stats from IMG players.
I see what you're saying but I have no clue if he's a good football player.

Kentron Poitier, Rome Odunze, Xzavier Henderson, Marcus Rosemy. Those are the big body WRs I like more. 2 of those guys I know most people don't think we'll land but I'd still rather have them.

Then smaller WRs like Mookie Cooper, Jalin Hyatt, Gary Bryant and a few others I like over Redding as of today.

Again I'm not mad if we get him there's just others that I like a lot more based on their impact on the field.
I like Henderson and Rosemy over him but I dont think they are coming. Odunze is more even but I dont think Poitier is better. Regardless recruit them all and take who ever jumps in.

Advertisement
Back