2020-2021 schedule

Advertisement
Details for current season werent set until two weeks prior, it's going to be flex and wont see anything finalized until next summer

Prior to COVID, Miami has games scheduled against UCF (home), Florida Atlantic (road) and Stetson (home) plus the ACC/Big Ten Challenge game. That would leave one game left on the schedule if this remains.
Miami also had a home game against St. Francis (NY) as it was part of the Cayman Islands Challenge but that has been cancelled.
Remember, the ACC is play 20 league games.
With a 25 game schedule, 17 wins or more probably guarantees you a spot in the NCAA tournament.

I tried to find this "25 gm" Coach L article on 2020 schedule... had no luck, or at other sites like ESPN CBS UM etc, to update the pinned first post. If anyone sees it (finally) please holler so I can post it there, TY.

Advertisement
It's amazing (and pathetic) how little coverage this team gets locally. I have not seen one preseason article or any piece written about Canes Hoops from any of the local media outlets.
Way it has always been. And I'm talking about back to the Rick Barry teams playing over on Miami Beach in the 1960s. Don't think the Herald or the evening rag, the Miami News, even sent someone to cover the games. Relied on a student stringer. Nobody seemed to care so I guess they felt justified.

I tried to find this "25 gm" Coach L article on 2020 schedule... had no luck, or at other sites like ESPN CBS UM etc, to update the pinned first post. If anyone sees it (finally) please holler so I can post it there, TY.
I think it was just the Rothstein tweet

Last edited:

While coach Jim Larranaga told CaneSport he expects this team to be "very solid,” the ACC is also stacked with talent. So, playing a COVID-19 shortened 25-game schedule that will only include five non-conference games (opponents are not announced yet but are expected to include teams in Florida so there won’t be air travel involved), there is a limited opportunity to showcase for the NCAA Tournament committee how UM can fare against non-conference teams. In other words, UM has to do well in ACC play to make the tournament field.

This makes sense. FAU, UCF and Stetson were on the previous schedule along with the ACC/Big Ten Challenge game so there is one game left.
I would expect them to play either FIU or USF if they want to avoid flying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looking to populate the pinned schedule post, I wrote 2 emails but no reply, and there is only last year's schedule at: https://miamihurricanes.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

ESPN just shows:
1604593194910.png

...although for some schools (Virginia has 4 listed) they show more games.

No idea why "they" are being so funky, and it is a bit annoying... if someone sees a full slate of games anywhere, please PM me. Thx.

Advertisement
Looking to populate the pinned schedule post, I wrote 2 emails but no reply, and there is only last year's schedule at: https://miamihurricanes.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

ESPN just shows:
View attachment 134975
...although for some schools (Virginia has 4 listed) they show more games.

No idea why "they" are being so funky, and it is a bit annoying... if someone sees a full slate of games anywhere, please PM me. Thx.

That and the stetson game just announced are the only games that have been announced so far

Miami also has a home game against FGCU. That should be their fifth and final non-conference game.

So the non-conference schedule includes Stetson, UCF, @FAU, @Purdue and FGCU.

If I am mistaken, I will update it once the official schedule has been posted.

Miami also has a home game against FGCU. That should be their fifth and final non-conference game.

So the non-conference schedule includes Stetson, UCF, @FAU, @Purdue and FGCU.

If I am mistaken, I will update it once the official schedule has been posted.

Is Purdue a road or home game?

Advertisement
Back