2020 & 2021 CB Prospects

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
The 2020 CB class has a nice bevy of talented players that are on the come up. We already know about Henry Gray, Fred Davis & Jaheem Joseph from Pace, but there's a few others that are under the radar & worth keeping an eye on ever the next few seasons.

Miles Brooks - 6'2 170lbs 2020 CB from Trinity Christian (Fred Davis's teammate).
Had 25tcks 4PBU's 1FF, already holds offers from Bama, Oklahoma, UF, Auburn, South Carolina & Va Tech

Miles Brooks, Trinity Christian Academy, Cornerback

Benjamin Onwuzo - 6'1 185lbs 2020 CB from Chaminade Madonna (transferred from Flanagan)
Had 40tcks 3INT's 13PBU's & 2 interception returns for TD's. He's a big physical kid that plays Safety/Corner & has good technique. Holds offers from LVille, Kentucky, UCF, Nebraska & Ole Miss

Benjamin Onwuzo, Chaminade-Madonna Prep, Cornerback

Davonte Brown - 6'2 170lbs 2020 CB from Piper.
Long armed kid with good frame to grow. Hurricane legacy as the son of former Cane Selwyn Brown.
Holds offers from NC State, UNC, Pitt, LVille & Kentucky

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9396096/5a0b3336041d990c64dca969

Dave Herard - 6'2 175lbs 2020 CB/WR from Stranahan. Dual sport athlete plays BBall & Fball.
Averaged 13.6ppg in BBall on a team that went 20-7, was 2nd team all-county in BBall. Had 3INT's & 6PBU's in Fball

Josh Ancrum - 6'0 170lbs 2020 CB from Carol City (transferred from Norland & American before that)
Had 1INT & 3TD's as a return man (2 PR/1KR). Kid is fast with legit 4.4 speed.

Jashon Prophete - 5'10 170lbs 2020 CB from Blanche Ely, had 1INT 4PBU's

Others to mention: Dave Sylvestre 5'11-6'0 2020 CB from Norland, promising prospect with solid frame, will be
starting his first full season this year.

Chris Townsel 6'1 170lbs 2020 FS/CB from Deerfield Beach, plays for Florida Fire PB 7v7, upcoming kid played well in the Spring game vs Glades Central.

Also some 2021 kids to keep an eye on:
Timothy Burns Jr - 5'10 170lbs 2021 CB from Doral Academy had 6INT's as a Freshman starter.
Gwen Cherry kid with very good ball skills & still growing. Already has offers from Tenn & Kentucky.

Mid-Season
(His Mid-season highlights say 4INT's, but he he finished the season with 6)

Antwan Massie - 5'10 160lbs 2021 CB from Miami Northwestern (transferred from BTW)
His only offer thus far is from Nebraska. Will be the starting CB for MNW this year, has good inside technique, can play Nickel & outside. Had a pick in the Spring game vs Atlantic but was called back.

freshman year #23

Another one is Winsome Frazier Jr, 6'3 170lbs 2021 CB that plays BBall. He'll be starting opposite of Massie for MNW this season. He's the son of Liberty city legend Winsome Frazier who was a great Basketball player at MNW, wound up going to college at Miss St & played Ball overseas in Europe for a few years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The point of this thread was just to highlight some of the up & coming CB's in the next couple classes.

I don't think they're all takes, these are just some of the kids to keep up on, there's a bunch others as well.

Also, I'll update & add more film as these kids play more, a lot of them are just now starting this season.

Shedrick Ursery - 2020 CB 6'1 170lbs out of Hialeah, goes to Champagnat Catholic

Had 33tcks 7INT's & 14PD's in his first season as a CB, plays WR also. Long armed athlete with phenomenal ball skills & good speed. Needs to work on his technique, but in just one year at CB lead all of Dade county in INT's.

Justin Hodges - 2020 CB 6'2 180lbs out of Western, had 34tcks 4INT's 25PD's & a FR TD, long armed kid with great ball skills & will be a future 4-star CB. Great footwork & technique. No major offers yet.

Darnell Deas - 2020 5'10 (probably more so 5'9) 170lbs DB out of Pompano goes to Blanche Ely, had 7INT's 1 for a TD, plus KR/PR TD's & a WR TD. Very good speed, ran track & had a 10.7 100m as a Freshman.

Dakari Cabell - 2020 FS 6'1 175lbs for Dillard, had 1INT's 2FF's & 5PD's, tall kid with 4.5/4.6 speed, would be good as a Striker.

Keion Smith - 2020 CB 5'11 170lbs goes to Dillard, had 2INT's & 7PD's, very good tackler & with nice speed.

Updated Junior film

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9396096/5bfc82f09676b70db0c4cd6a

Davonte Brown updated Junior film

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10903531/5bd5d50ada5b420e24dbdb3f

Updated Chris Townsel film: had 3INT's on the season for DFB as a FS

Had been meaning to update for a while, but wanted to wait until the season was over, but I'll post more prospects in a few days.

Again, these are just some kids who are the under the radar for 2020, no I don't think they're all takes as of now.

Advertisement
The 2020 CB class has a nice bevy of talented players that are on the come up. We already know about Henry Gray, Fred Davis & Jaheem Joseph from Pace, but there's a few others that are under the radar & worth keeping an eye on ever the next few seasons.

Also some 2021 kids to keep an eye on:
Timothy Burns Jr - 5'10 170lbs 2021 CB from Doral Academy had 6INT's as a Freshman starter.
Gwen Cherry kid with very good ball skills & still growing. Already has offers from Tenn & Kentucky.

I watched the state game and his name got called a lot. I'm assuming he has no relation to Artie/Thomas? Figured you would mention he was a legacy if he did but just making sure.

Shedrick Ursery is a stud! That kid is P5 all the way. I’d be all over him before he blows up. Hodges is nice too, looks thinner than the listed 180 but Western always seems to have some major studs from time to time if they don’t transfer. I would really like to see him camp at Miami

Advertisement
Great stuff LCE as always. These are the kinds of lists the coaches need to see since we already know the big boys will be walking out of town with their bags.

Advertisement
It seems like every year that we lose out on current year's recruits,we
start posting about 2020-2021 recruits.One problem then becomes
every FB school becomes aware of the talent.And the next issue is
the 2020 recruit lets everyone that the U is looking at him.
Do I have a solution,yes I do Make a decision,live with it or tell
the school at the start no interest.Can't make a decsion,move on U
concentrate on recruits that want to be here,not a prayer and a hope
on some 5 star recruit in Pensacola.

It seems like every year that we lose out on current year's recruits,we start posting about 2020-2021 recruits.

Except this post was made during the off season of 2017-2018 and only bumped now because we're nearing the off season again

Advertisement
We better not leave one stone unturned in the back yard for 2020 before venturing out. And if the kids are takes at other p5 programs then they’re takes for us. I think Frazier jr would be good optics for the program.

Skip recruiting the 5 Stars and straight up recruit the **** out of the 3 and 4 stars. We have to stop wasting time on kids we can’t land. The staff got real dillusional the past couple of years.

Skip recruiting the 5 Stars and straight up recruit the **** out of the 3 and 4 stars. We have to stop wasting time on kids we can’t land. The staff got real dillusional the past couple of years.
Yeah, the Lingard's, Brevin's, and Pope's will never come. Why even recruit them.

Advertisement
Back