2019 WR Frank Ladson Jr receives offer

Ladson is not necessary in this class. Would he be a great addition if he committed and ultimately signed? Yes. But Miami should never thirst for wide receivers in South Florida. But IF that information from the OP is true (HUGE if), I wonder what Ladson is thinking. Dugans will show him how well the WRs are developed this season, bank on that.

Advertisement
Grabbed it from their board, its clemson fans were talking about. dont be surprised.
Well since you have access to their board, tell the guy with the “source” this. We currently have 5 WR’s from this school on depth charts and it’ll be six after the Patriots draft Braxton Berrios. Then add another 5 to that number because that’s how many WR’s went to the NFL the 5 years before Dugans was hired here. Jeff Scott goes to sleep at night hoping he wakes up as Ron Dugans the next day. We have a HOF WR from this school and are going to add another 2 in the next 5-10 years not including the numerous multiple time pro bowlers that have came through here. That “source” should be worried about trying to get him and Rique away from Antrell Rolle...who probably reminds him everyday that a tree stump can coach WR’s here and get them to the league just because the logo he wears.

Last edited:
Am I missing something? Besides Deandre Hopkins and maybe, MAYBE Martavis Bryant (skills for days, but obviously his stint at Clem$on didn't adequately benefit him in the maturity/professionalism department), what have Clemson wr's done in the NFL to have earned this "sterling" reputation for developing talent?? Hopkins is a stud, I will absolutely give him/them that, but the rest of the guys they've put in the NFL have been inconsistent journeymen, at best, if not outright overdrafted busts.

Well since you have access to their board, tell the guy with the “source” this. We currently have 5 WR’s from this school on depth charts and it’ll be six after the Patriots draft Braxton Berrios. Then add another 5 to that number because that’s how many WR’s went to the NFL the 5 years before Dugans was hired here. Jeff Scott goes to sleep at night hoping he wakes up as Ron Dugans the next day. We have a HOF WR from this school and are going to add another 2 in the next 5-10 years not including the numerous multiple time pro bowlers that have came through here. That “source” should be worried about trying to get him and Rique away from Antrell Rolle...who probably reminds him everyday that a tree stump can coach WR’s here just because the logo he wears.

It’s the slip and slide that gets hem every time.
The **** slip and slide! And the put put course.
Or maybe it’s the desire to touch something hard before the game. Something UM players have never had a problem with.

Advertisement
It’s the slip and slide that gets hem every time.
The **** slip and slide! And the put put course.
Or maybe it’s the desire to touch something hard before the game. Something UM players have never had a problem with.
I don’t know about you but just looking at a stupid rock from Arizona gives me a stiffy every time.

Can’t blame him. Per all the porsters here, Clemson’s curl-based offense is ideal for WR development because Sammy Watkins played at Clemson five years ago under the guy who now coaches at SMU.

is the true stud WR type of guy worried about how the school is going to develop him? first of all miami has put tons of WR's in the league so i am not sure its even a valid argument. but more importantly if a guy is supremely confident in his ability he probably thinks he is getting to the league no matter who coaches him.

Honestly. Don't really care what one player does at this point. If he wants to come great. If not oh well. We are moving in the correct direction and are stacking quality competitive depth at his position. Not gonna bash the kid, but if true sounds like he is finding an excuse not to come here and compete to be great. Miami will be fine with or without Ladson.

Advertisement
Not expecting this dude and don't put much stock in any rumors. These little kiddies like this attention. Later for the escapes and rodeo show. We'll know his true motives over time.

Can’t blame him. Per all the porsters here, Clemson’s curl-based offense is ideal for WR development because Sammy Watkins played at Clemson five years ago under the guy who now coaches at SMU.
Remember during Hard Knocks DeAndre openly said the only route knew how to run was a hitch? Lol

Advertisement
take it FWIW, but I have been told by a very good source that Ladson does not feel as though Miami can develop him as a WR, and is not considering the Canes as seriously as many believe.
I was told to watch UGA, and potentially Bama/Auburn, but it would take a "substantial change" for Ladson to not end up in Clemson. Unsurprisingly, player development both on and off the field have resonated strongly with Frank, and as we all know by now, his relationship with Jeff Scott is the best of any other coach recruiting him.
My source did not give me a commitment timetable, but guessed sometime this Spring. Said he would not be surprised if it happens at the spring game.
Again, just passing along info from a VERY strong source. Checks out with the Crystal ball trend over the past weeks.

Not criticizing OP, just critiquing this "Clempson insider".

First, if Ladson was "all about" this "player development", then why in the FVCK would he have chosen UF initially? Absolutely terrible track record of developing NFL WRs (now, if you were talking about h0m0sexual murderous tight ends, well that's a different story).

Second, we all understand that Sammy Watkins got a big contract recently, but he's pretty much been a bust in the NFL (relative to his draft position and whatnot). On the other hand, Allen Hurns just got $40 million, and he actually earned it. Not sure why this isn't "a wash" in the "WR alums who just got paid" category.

Third, we just had a freshman All-American WR who battled through injuries in his second season. If he stays healthy this year, he will get paid plenty, and he was developed by our ACTUAL CURRENT actual WR coach, not some UM guy from a few years ago who is no longer around.

Look, if this source said that Ladson didn't want to come in with a bunch of great UM WR recruits and sit behind some prior great UM WR recruits, at least that would be believable.

I do understand that Jeff Scott is a good coach and an ace recruiter, but this crap is just nonsense when it comes to "WR development". Maybe it's the moneybags, maybe it's the amenities, but to act as if there is some huge differential between Clempson and UM on WR development (both long-term and short-term) is a joke. F$U was just trying to hire Dugans away, and not just because he is an alum.

Advertisement
WELL…… i don't post much anymore BUT I know from a stronger source, he's mostly Miami at this point. He's not a country boy. His friends are leaning Miami and he loves the life down here. So….. my source will see him Saturday at Nova and your's posts on a clemson board. A long time until signing day. He has options and right now nothing has been decided.

Advertisement
Back