2019 Va Tech vs Rhode Island

I am NOT saying that it’s easy to win games after giving up 5 turnovers - 4 on your first 4 possessions - but I am saying that turnovers did NOT lose that game. Nor did Baxa.

The reason that game was lost was the defense’s inability to stop VT. 6 red zone TDs? Had the defense Miami brought to the UVA game been the same defense used the week prior, Miami would’ve been down by 12 instead of 28. Despite the turnovers it was a winnable game.

All due respect, Virginia also self-imploded in the red-zone as Miami has been prone to doing.

Yes, the Canes' defense stepped up—but the Cavs were snakebitten last Friday night and nothing worked when they had what looked like lay-up scoring opps.

Carter gets ejected for targeting; Cavs with 1st-and-Goal from the four-yard line—false start moves them back to the nine. Big sack on 3rd-and-Goal from the one and Mendenhall pusses out, settling for three and a 7-6 ballgame.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're not in great shape, but we're definitely better than VT.

Fuente's win totals since taking over - 10, 9, 6, 4 (so far this year - but 7 wins look like their best case scenario. I seriously think they're a 5 win team)

VT currently has the 73rd ranked recruiting class. Their top recruit is ranked #753 Nationally. VT doesn't have much help coming.

Holy cow. And it’s pretty hard for a new coach to turn around a recruiting class with that stupid new Early Signing Day in mid-late December.

All due respect, Virginia also self-imploded in the red-zone as Miami has been prone to doing.

Yes, the Canes' defense stepped up—but the Cavs were snakebitten last Friday night and nothing worked when they had what looked like lay-up scoring opps.

Carter gets ejected for targeting; Cavs with 1st-and-Goal from the four-yard line—false start moves them back to the nine. Big sack on 3rd-and-Goal from the one and Mendenhall pusses out, settling for three and a 7-6 ballgame.

And DJ Ivey randomly falls down gifting them 3 points

Mark Pope drops a potential TD

It's footbal

Advertisement
It's college football. How does Georgia lose to South Carolina, who lost to the worst team in the history of college football, UNC? How does Clemson escape from that same UNC team? How does Ohio Taint go to Purdue last year and get waxed? Same thing the year before at Iowa.

I think the answer is that the Miami Hurricanes have a bad coach.

Does anybody else have another explanation?
They also have a bunch of bad players too. Coker was an average coach at best but had great players and won a NC. We have just a handful if that of great players. How many of our players would have started on the 2001 team? Maybe not even one.. We've got to recruit better or it's over for us.

Advertisement
Back