2019 Va Tech vs Rhode Island

I think the answer is that the Miami Hurricanes have a bad coach.

Does anybody else have another explanation?
I do. The players (mostly from S. Florida) have a ton a bad habits going back to youth football where they don't know any of the mental aspects of the game like down and distance and what to do in any given situation. This is the least (football IQ) intelligent worst disciplined football team I've ever seen and I doubt Nick Saban could teach them how to handle that side of the game in 6 games.

I realize this is not a popular take but I believe it to be true. Things looked better last game. I hope we are stressing this in the meeting rooms.

Advertisement
At the end of the 3rd quarter, Va Tech was winning just 24-17.

Rhode Island is a 1-5 FCS team.

How did Miami lose to Virginia Tech, at Hard Rock Stadium?

-5 turnover battle.

How many teams would beat Bama if they were given 5 net turnovers? 50? Even against bad teams, this is really hard to overcome.

Advertisement
Yes, many other explanations. They involve a rational look at both teams' performances over the course of the season as well as quantification of the extreme in-game luck during the Miami-VT game. We could also look at the College Team Talent Composite, and make an effort to adjust that for team experience.

However, that is all probably more sophisticated than what you are looking for, as it would ultimately suggest that you put down your pitchfork. So it's best that you carry on with the simplistic explanation that allows you to remain angry.
Stop, some people can't handle it when you speak using facts and data.......

Advertisement
Again I ask, which program is currently in better shape:

Miami (Fla.) or Virginia Tech

We're not in great shape, but we're definitely better than VT.

Fuente's win totals since taking over - 10, 9, 6, 4 (so far this year - but 7 wins look like their best case scenario. I seriously think they're a 5 win team)

VT currently has the 73rd ranked recruiting class. Their top recruit is ranked #753 Nationally. VT doesn't have much help coming.

Maybe because the corches insisted on sending out a kid that had a bum shoulder over and over again until we spotted them a 28 point lead.

Kinda like what they might do again this Saturday.

VT was incredibly embarrassed, at home, the previous week against Duke.

They also were gifted 4 turnovers on Miami's first 4 possessions.

That's how it happened. Miami outplayed VT for the game pretty significantly. But when you turn it over 5 times, force 0, and allow a team to score 6 times in 6 red zone trips, you lose.

we still could have won despite all that. Blown xp (again) probably took what wind we had in our salls at the time. That is a lot of energy and effort to recover down 28-0 and then we have a simple extra point missed that could have had us winning. Probaly would have changed whole dynamic of game in the last few minutes.

Advertisement
Bro how many dudes is your girl gonna bang before you realize she s a *****. The reason why we lose to ****** teams is because we are a bad team man. Good teams don’t leave points on the board like we do week after week. We are a poorly coached but very talented squad that lacks discipline and fundamentals. That why I don’t ***** after any win because they are gonna to be hard to come by this year. The sooner our fanbase realizes we are on par with the so call bad teams the better it will be.

Whatever you want to tell yourself buddy. We are top 10-15 talented in the Country with top 50 results being generous. It's the culture

Per the composite, top 15-20 talent. Adjusted for our lack of upperclassmen, probably closer to 25-30.

Per the analytical rating systems (i.e. the predictive ratings), top ~30 results. Although it's fair to prefer to use backward-looking metrics like Strength of Record in this situation, even though those don't really account for in-game luck.

In any case, where did you get the numbers in your post? Or did you just make them up? Let me guess, your response will reference your "eyes" or your "brain" or "common sense" or "watching the team play", or another subjective, indefensible source that makes it impossible to have a discussion and change your mind?

Advertisement
VT was incredibly embarrassed, at home, the previous week against Duke.

They also were gifted 4 turnovers on Miami's first 4 possessions.

That's how it happened. Miami outplayed VT for the game pretty significantly. But when you turn it over 5 times, force 0, and allow a team to score 6 times in 6 red zone trips, you lose.
rocket science it seems

I don't know, coughing up three interceptions in the first quarter and fumbling on the first play after a new quarterback was inserted in the game? Giving up a few short fields in the process, winding up down 28-0 by early second quarter? Turning it over five times while Virginia Tech didn't turn it over once?

Not going to win too many football games when the turnover margin goes the opponents' favor, 5-0.

Regardless, enough with this transitive property bullsh1t. North Carolina beat South Carolina, and took Clemson to the wire, yet lost to Appalachian State .... while South Carolina beat Georgia ....yet Georgia also beat Notre Dame.... and so on it goes.

Georgia State beat Tennessee this year. The Citadel beat Georgia Tech. SMU beat TCU. Wyoming beat Missouri. Army took Michigan to overtime; same with Louisiana-Monroe and Florida State. Pitt knocked off Central Florida but almost lost to Delaware a week later.

Any team can give another one fits in present day college football. Not that confusing. Especially regarding Virginia Tech, who lost to Duke, 45-10 a few weeks back and Old Dominion last year.

Miami ****ed away a winnable game with too many turnovers that Virginia Tech scored on. End of story.

Advertisement
Back