2019 U-School RB & Miami Legacy talks Canes

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
2019 University School RB/ATH Kenny McIntosh is quickly becoming one of the most recognizable names for his class. Not only is he making a name for himself of the football field, but McIntosh is one of the star basketball players on a team loaded with five-star talent such Vernon Carey, Jr. and Balsa Koprivica.

“My older brother RJ, he played basketball and football at Cardinal Gibbons,” McIntosh said. “He’s the one that actually got me to play basketball and I always looked up to him, so I wanted to follow his footsteps.”

“Next season we’re looking to make it to states because that’s always been a dream of mine to win in basketball and football so it would be great.”

McIntosh has offers from a ton of big programs, but there’s five schools sticking out for one of the top players in the 2019 class.

“Ohio St, Miami, LSU, Notre Dame and Clemson"

Miami is the hometown team and his brother is Canes DT RJ McIntosh.

"My family can come see me play,” McIntosh said. “I love the weather here and I love the coaching staff.”

“I was supposed to go to Junior Day, but I couldn’t because I had 7v7. I want to talk to Coach Brown more to build a relationship."

Usually players have the best relationship with their position coaches, but as of now McIntosh has a unique relationship with one of Miami’s assistants — Jorge Baez.

“Coach Baez man I love him,” McIntosh said. “He took care of my brother in his recruitment and my brother speaks very highly of him.”

While Miami is very much in the picture, Ohio State and LSU are two schools that he likes as well.

Ohio St.

“I love everything about them,” McIntosh said. “I’m trying to go visit there soon.”

“It was an honor,” McIntosh said. “To have Coach Meyer come to my school and personally offer is amazing. That’s the offer I was waiting for.”

LSU

“I love Coach Juluke,” McIntosh said “He’s the coach I have the best relationship with, he’s knows when to be serious and when to joke around with me.”

Advertisement
Coach Orgeron canned Juluke last month... That's why all those New Orleans high school coaches were tight

He ran like a 4.8 something at the Nike Opening regional.

May be best at something other than RB

Good size - but kind of big & lumbering. Ran a 4.87 at the Nike Event. I would think he has more potential at FB or LB.

I'd like to ask whoever put this highlight reel together what they were thinking by including those last 2 runs.

[video=youtube;2n4nUJhu9oA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n4nUJhu9oA[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid is not an elite RB at the next level. Look at the RB/LB 1x1s from the Opening. He's stiff and lacks the wiggle necessary to be a really good RB. I'll give him this - he has a great frame. I'll be curious if he grows into a 220+ pound LB at the next level.

What position does he play at the next level?

Not sure just yet. We know he has athleticism as he also plays BB & look how much RJ blew up when he got here. Going into his SR year is when we'll get a better gauge on him. If he blows up like his brother has who knows. Maybe a bruising *** FB??????????

Advertisement
Not sure just yet. We know he has athleticism as he also plays BB & look how much RJ blew up when he got here. Going into his SR year is when we'll get a better gauge on him. If he blows up like his brother has who knows. Maybe a bruising *** FB??????????

Convince him his future is at LB, he already has the body, stay on the defensive side with your brother

FB or LB all the way. Hopefully he's open to it and doesn't fall for scum like Urban Meyer lying to him and telling him he will be their premier RB

just dont think we'll have room for him as a rb. if he continues to grow into a fb maybe or possibly even a lb but we'll have bigger fish already on or on the board at rb

Advertisement
Kid is not an elite RB at the next level. Look at the RB/LB 1x1s from the Opening. He's stiff and lacks the wiggle necessary to be a really good RB. I'll give him this - he has a great frame. I'll be curious if he grows into a 220+ pound LB at the next level.

That's what I would bet on considering his frame and genes

Its been said already put orlando opening had slow times across the board. Lingod had a 4.6 and has been laser timed closer to 4.4s. Ill give this kid a break being as hes 2 years out. So many players have been looked over for this **** 40 time. Football speed cant be measured in shorts or in a straight line. Im sorry all you CIS scouts but kid is legit. Not saying he shouldnt play LB or Safety at the next level but fullback? Gtfo

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

You all have to stop thinking you can get highly recruited RBs to come in and play FB. That position is an endangered species. No player with the talent or opportunity to do more elsewhere would come on as a FB. We don't even use the FB enough for it to be enticing (not that it would be anyways). Plus he has too much ability to pigeonhole as a FB

Advertisement
You all have to stop thinking you can get highly recruited RBs to come in and play FB. That position is an endangered species. No player with the talent or opportunity to do more elsewhere would come on as a FB. We don't even use the FB enough for it to be enticing (not that it would be anyways). Plus he has too much ability to pigeonhole as a FB
Thank you. This kid had offers from the best schools in the country. Not many 2018 kids have those offers much less 2019 kids. Ill trust that.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmeXCKyBVPI

watch this please, you're watching a poorly made freshman highlight tape. I've seen Kenny dominate as an 8th grader playing varsity and now as a sophomore. He might grow into a linebacker but he can play at an ELITE level at rb or safety. This kid is a BEAST. Watch out for him and Josh Sanguinetti, those kids can ball harder than anyone in the 2019 class.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news is that we have time with him. Meyer was brilliant by making his play early. But I have to believe older brother LOVES Kool and the Gang, and Taint is only getting him if we don't pull the trigger by next Junior Day. RB/LB, kids athletic enough to play D1, and we'll know enough after this season to project much better.

Advertisement
Back