2019 U-School RB Kenny McIntosh talks Canes and more

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
I was down at University School on Friday to check out Monsignor Pace take on University School in the Region 4-4A final and from the very start, I knew who the alpha dog on the field was. 2019 U-School RB Kenny McIntosh, McIntosh rushed for 243 yards on 25 caries and he found the end zone five times.

“I’m so proud of my offense line,” McIntosh said, “I couldn’t do it without them, this game wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for the offensive line creating holes for me, they blocked they’re you know what off.”

“I never thought I would come into this big game and score five touchdowns,” McIntosh said “We practice so hard this whole we so I wasn’t surprised at all, we came here and took care of business and now it’s time to travel up the road and face a very good Cocoa team.”

After defeating Monsignor Pace 42-39 last night, the sharks will travel to Cocoa next Friday to face the (11-1) Cocoa Tigers

“It’s going to be a really good game, I heard they destroyed the team the played, but it’s going to be a good game, U-School vs Cocoa you guys be out there.”

Shifting to recruiting, Miami’s top 2019 prospect was in attendance for Miami’s blowout win over Notre Dame last week and Miami’s performance impressed McIntosh.

“That atmosphere was amazing,” McIntosh said, “I’ve never seen anything like it, Notre Dame vs Miami that was crazy, the coaches are showing nothing but love, the fans know who I am, there's nothing but love out there at Miami, I love Miami.”

“To be honest, I liked Miami to come out with a victory, but I figured Notre Dame was going to come and do what they doing all year, but nothing but salute to Miami, they came out and did what they had to do.”

With the potential of playing two more games this season, Kenny’s recruitment is going to pickup within the next couple of weeks, but Kenny says he isn’t sure what schools he will visit, but he will be in attendance for Miami’s biggest game since the 2002 national championship.

“I don’t know about visits yet, but stay tuned you’ll see on twitter, I’m going to Miami vs Clemson though.”

“That game is going to be a very big game, I think it’s going to be bigger than Miami vs Notre Dame so I'm waiting to see how that atmosphere is going to be.”

“To be honest, I don’t have score prediction right now for Miami vs Clemson, but I'm rolling with the Canes, that’s my hometown and the home team so I'm rooting for them.”

Miami’s momentum from the offseason has translated to the regular season with the Canes being on the verge of their first 10-0 start since 2002, but one person in Kenny’s family knew how this season was going to play out, his father.

“This has been a huge year for the Canes, my dad has been talking to me all year about going to Miami and I used to doubt it at first, but after seeing this year TheU is coming back.”

Miami next year will easily have the deepest running back core in the nation, regardless if Mark Walton leaves or stays, but those types of situations can force a kid to look at another school because the depth is a concern to the recruit. Well, that’s the complete opposite of what McIntosh thinks.

“I’m loving it,” McIntosh said, “switching out running backs in and out, the defense doesn’t know what’s coming to them and they’re giving the defense headaches, I love coach Thomas Brown and hopefully we see if I decided to go play with him.”

Video's of Kenny McIntosh's TD's down below

[TWEET]931692359993225216[/TWEET]

[TWEET] 931705209931423747[/TWEET]

Advertisement
McInotsh and Mark-Antony Richards are locks.

do we take 2 backs next year also? if so, its Mcintosh and Noah Cain.

Great job, Erick. #StayHumble

marrerogator2.jpg

This is riddled with grammar mistakes, I'm not trying to be mean, remember to proofread. Anyways, thank you for doing these interviews.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sounds like he’s gonna be a Cane. I doubt we take 2 RBs considering we have DJ in the mix now.

That makes

Homer(if he doesn’t declare) - Senior
Burns(if he’s not broken) - Junior
Dallas - Junior
Lingard - Sophomore
Davis - Sophomore
McIntosh - Freshman

Could be a backfield of 6, but it could also be as low as 4, which IMO is not an issue with Chaney coming in the following class.

Advertisement
Isnt the STA RB a real gem in next years class? i.e. it would be him and McIntosh as the two backs.

We need Kenny to commit soon, and become the Ambassador for Surge19'!! I think when recruits like him commit early, it helps push other recruits to pull the trigger early!! It happened with the Storm18' class, all our top guys committed one after the other..

Advertisement
Sounds like he’s gonna be a Cane. I doubt we take 2 RBs considering we have DJ in the mix now.

That makes

Dallas - Junior
Lingard - Sophomore
Davis - Sophomore
McIntosh - Freshman

Could be a backfield of 6, but it could also be as low as 4, which IMO is not an issue with Chaney coming in the following class.

I hope they pull Burns scholly. He is a paper champ RB. Looks like Tarzan, doesn't get on the field as much as Jane. Unfortunate for him but this is not sensitivity ball. It's big boy CFB

That makes

Dallas - Junior
Lingard - Sophomore
Davis - Sophomore
McIntosh - Freshman

I hope they pull Burns scholly. He is a paper champ RB. Looks like Tarzan, doesn't get on the field as much as Jane. Unfortunate for him but this is not sensitivity ball. It's big boy CFB

I don't want us pulling kids' scholarships like that. And I don't think that's Richt's style.

That said, I sort of wonder why they ever signed him in the first place. It just seems unlikely he'll ever be healthy enough to play. Though I hope I'm wrong on that.

Advertisement

That makes

Dallas - Junior
Lingard - Sophomore
Davis - Sophomore
McIntosh - Freshman

I don't want us pulling kids' scholarships like that. And I don't think that's Richt's style.

That said, I sort of wonder why they ever signed him in the first place. It just seems unlikely he'll ever be healthy enough to play. Though I hope I'm wrong on that.

He has the traits. He was worth taking a shot on considering they thought they had Mcfartland as the #1 guy in the class.

With Lo and Cam coming in, he either puts it all together or gets passed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back