2019 Trey Sanders talks Canes

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
IMG_2721.jpg

2019 IMG Academy ATH Trey Sanders visited Miami last Saturday with his teammates Noah Cain, Evan Neal and Nolan Smith.

“Going on the visit I had a different mindset about it,” Sanders said. “After I left it showed me that Miami is a great place to be.”

While Sanders was at Junior Day, he was talking to multiple coaches, but Miami Head Coach Mark Richt was the coach that connected with Sanders the most.

“I was talking to Coach Richt the most,” Sanders said. “We were just talking about life after football, and basically life in general. Coach Brown offered me as well.”

Miami offered Sanders at Junior Day, but what position do they want him at?

“Miami offered me as an athlete, because nobody really knows what my true position is yet.”

“I'm still open to every option. I don’t really care what position I play,” Sanders said. “Alabama offered me as an ATH."

Now that Miami has offered, have the Hurricanes put themselves in the running for #9 players in the 2019 class?

“Yes sir,” Sanders said. “I’m still 100% committed to Alabama, but Miami is a great place to be, Miami just needs to keep showing love and keeping coming at me hard."

Sanders has been committed to Alabama for sometime now. He said that it's just a place were all players want to be.

“It’s a process,” Sanders said. “They put players in the league and it’s a great program that I want to be apart of.”

He will be in Tuscaloosa this weekend for Bama's junior day.

Sanders also says he’s trying to get back down to Miami something in the spring to see the campus more and talk to Coach Richt and Coach Brown.

Attachments

• IMG_2720.jpg
    IMG_2720.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Advertisement
The CIS staff is doing an awesome job with the updates and interiews - props to all and thank you.

Advertisement
I see IMG pipeline coming. Mark Richt and his coaching staff doing a good job.

No school will ever have an "IMG pipeline", IMG kids are from all over the states
I know guys coming from all over the country. Right now Miami in it with some of the top guys their 2018- 4 2019- 5 recruits. I was saying the kids are at IMG now Miami can make a pipeline there.

I refuse to believe anyone proof reads the articles posted on here, absolutely love the updates but take your craft seriously.

"Sanders also says he’s trying to get back down to Miami something in the spring to see the campus more and talk to Coach Richt and Coach Brown."

Advertisement
I see IMG pipeline coming. Mark Richt and his coaching staff doing a good job.

No school will ever have an "IMG pipeline", IMG kids are from all over the states
I know guys coming from all over the country. Right now Miami in it with some of the top guys their 2018- 4 2019- 5 recruits. I was saying the kids are at IMG now Miami can make a pipeline there.

Really hard to keep any consistency with that "school" because the athletes that go there tend to be of a very mercenary mindset. I mean, it's basically a boarding school for athletes who want to be pros that takes kids in from all over the country. Hard to create a true pipeline when there's no sense of allegiance or loyalty.

Advertisement
2 of our top RBs are returning from major knee surgeries,1 of them has been hurt all of his 3 years here and in highschool before arriving,do we really want to bring in another RB with a history of injuries.Why not wait and see if we can fins someone else healthy.

2 of our top RBs are returning from major knee surgeries,1 of them has been hurt all of his 3 years here and in highschool before arriving,do we really want to bring in another RB with a history of injuries.Why not wait and see if we can fins someone else healthy.
We could but Trey would easily be the most talented RB here if not the 2nd most behind Citizen.

Advertisement
No doubt he's super talented but it just seems some guys can never stay healthy and tease you every year and then they're out again.We see it here with guys like Chaney,Chase,Brooks.
That’s the problem. Cribby thinks there will be better options so we’ll see.

Advertisement
Back