2019 recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Damaged goods who probably won’t be 100% by November. I can’t get excited for this. It’s a body yes but give me a guard and another big man who could contribute

Damaged goods who probably won’t be 100% by November. I can’t get excited for this. It’s a body yes but give me a guard and another big man who could contribute
Even if he isn’t ready to play until conference play, this is a really nice addition

Advertisement
Well it’s not a nice addition if he only plays 15-20 games.

Or if we get no real eligible big man who can actually play like a big man.

I don't see how this is a "nice addition" if this is the only eligible big man we get. This guy is pure depth, who knows if he will be healthy and when will that happen.

Advertisement
I have a hard time believing we took a guy who may or may not even come back from injury. We must be pretty confident we'll get a lot out of him this year.

Advertisement
If you have any desire to grab two bigs in the transfer market Keith Stone is a take. He's probably a take if you only want one grad transfer big. The reason? Limited supply. It's great that there are something like 600 kids in the transfer portal, but only so many of those players are even close to ACC quality. Many of these players are only getting 10 minutes a game in leagues like the Colonial. And of the kids that are ACC quality talent, there is a dearth of bigs. So yeah, the kid isn't great. Has his warts and plays outside more than we might prefer. I'd far prefer Blackshear. But can we get him down here? The question with Stone is can he compete with Wardenburg for minutes. If he can, we can use him. If we were getting interest for the 3-4 guys that are clearly better options in the grad transfer option, maybe we wouldn't have taken him, but he's only here for a year.

If you have any desire to grab two bigs in the transfer market Keith Stone is a take. He's probably a take if you only want one grad transfer big. The reason? Limited supply. It's great that there are something like 600 kids in the transfer portal, but only so many of those players are even close to ACC quality. Many of these players are only getting 10 minutes a game in leagues like the Colonial. And of the kids that are ACC quality talent, there is a dearth of bigs. So yeah, the kid isn't great. Has his warts and plays outside more than we might prefer. I'd far prefer Blackshear. But can we get him down here? The question with Stone is can he compete with Wardenburg for minutes. If he can, we can use him. If we were getting interest for the 3-4 guys that are clearly better options in the grad transfer option, maybe we wouldn't have taken him, but he's only here for a year.
This 100%. We had 4 scholarships to work with and desperately need bigs. There is no guarantee that Blackshear even leaves VT. This kid made 39 starts in 3 years at a high major program that went to 3 NCAA tourneys and 1 Elite 8. Yes, he's rehabbing from an ACL tear and yes, he may miss a few games to start the year, but I dont see why he's a "meh" take at this juncture.

Advertisement
Back